• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Texas Connection

AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
$100 to the charity of the winners choosing sound good? Cats have to win 2 of the next 4 CAT/griz games for me to win...

Sweet Jesus...can I get some of that action? :thumb:

I will add you as well....Again the money must go to a charity of the winners choice.

My charity is eGriz. :thumb:

Nope, I did that bet 2 years ago. Has to be something else this time. Like Special Olympics, or rape prevention group... ;)

maybe the rape prevention group should target MSU professors and frats.

If it were me betting this cat-tard, I'd have him give to the GSA.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Sweet Jesus...can I get some of that action? :thumb:

I will add you as well....Again the money must go to a charity of the winners choice.

Nope, I did that bet 2 years ago. Has to be something else this time. Like Special Olympics, or rape prevention group... ;)

:lol: :lol:

I'll go Special Olympics. My niece (from Butte) is the star of Montana Special Olympics...

snap said:
maybe the rape prevention group should target MSU professors and frats.

If it were me betting this cat-tard, I'd have him give to the GSA.

Cat-tard? What have I said that makes you say that? Maybe YOU should look into donating or helping out with Special Olympics...And the Gallatin County Battered women shelter is on my list of Charities I donate to.

AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:

:lol: :lol:

I'll go Special Olympics. My niece (from Butte) is the star of Montana Special Olympics...

Good for her, my family provided the lunches the three years it was in Bozeman. One of my favorite times of year then.

I've helped out quite a bit in years past with Special Olympics during the winter at numerous ski areas. It's an awesome organization and when I used the term "cat-tard", it was a shot at you for your rape comment. Maybe before you point fingers in regards to rape, you should look a little closer to home and think about funding a prevention/education program that targets MSU professors and frats.

snap said:
I've helped out quite a bit in years past with Special Olympics during the winter at numerous ski areas. It's an awesome organization and when I used the term "cat-tard", it was a shot at you for your rape comment. Maybe before you point fingers in regards to rape, you should look a little closer to home and think about funding a prevention/education program that targets MSU professors and frats.

We are doing that right now, and it is where the money I win on this bet will go...

I hope you have other avenues for funding the MSU rape prevention program cause you ain't gonna win shit on this bet.

Just took my first look at this years bobcat recruiting class, pretty impressive on paper. Only been following recruiting for the griz for a couple of seasons now. For those of you who have had your eyes on it longer than me, have the griz ever brought in a class that looks this good on paper? Alot of 2 and 3 star recruits. And if so how did the class turn out on the field?

Obviously it doesn't mean too much until they prove themselves on the field, but I can see why cat fans are excited.

Ummm, I think all you have to do to compare past recruiting classes is look at head-to-head matchups between MSU and the Griz. Who's classes got the job done more often in Cat-Griz games and on into the playoffs.

I applaud MSU's recruiting. They are landing some good players, as evidenced by the senior class which just graduated and next season's senior class. That can't be argued. MSU has really upgraded in talent in my opinion, but the class they are going to announce next week? Uhhh, like anybody's class, the jury is still out. I think they have two transfers on that list. Beyond that, they are like most programs. Their list is composed of high school kids who have never played a collegiate football game, have never been through a fall camp at the college level, have never taken 12 or more college credits while playing college football and have never dealt with life away from home. THOSE FACTORS ALONE make any recruiting class at any school about impossible to really judge until at the very least, the end of next season.

As for stars, Ryan Kessman was a three-star recruit. Marc Mariani, Chase Reynolds and Colt Anderson were ZERO star recruits. I don't put ANY stock in stars. But that's just me.

G-BEARS said:
Just took my first look at this years bobcat recruiting class, pretty impressive on paper. Only been following recruiting for the griz for a couple of seasons now. For those of you who have had your eyes on it longer than me, have the griz ever brought in a class that looks this good on paper? Alot of 2 and 3 star recruits. And if so how did the class turn out on the field?

Obviously it doesn't mean too much until they prove themselves on the field, but I can see why cat fans are excited.
How do get a three star and only team to offer is cats ? Lol this class is average at best!!

havgrizfan said:
Ummm, I think all you have to do to compare past recruiting classes is look at head-to-head matchups between MSU and the Griz. Who's classes got the job done more often in Cat-Griz games and on into the playoffs.

I applaud MSU's recruiting. They are landing some good players, as evidenced by the senior class which just graduated and next season's senior class. That can't be argued. MSU has really upgraded in talent in my opinion, but the class they are going to announce next week? Uhhh, like anybody's class, the jury is still out. I think they have two transfers on that list. Beyond that, they are like most programs. Their list is composed of high school kids who have never played a collegiate football game, have never been through a fall camp at the college level, have never taken 12 or more college credits while playing college football and have never dealt with life away from home. THOSE FACTORS ALONE make any recruiting class at any school about impossible to really judge until at the very least, the end of next season.

As for stars, Ryan Kessman was a three-star recruit. Marc Mariani, Chase Reynolds and Colt Anderson were ZERO star recruits. I don't put ANY stock in stars. But that's just me.

I understand all of that, pretty obvious stuff. What I was getting at was what was the last UM recruiting class that had many high profile ( 2/3 star recruits) in it? As I've only followed recruiting a little bit for the last 2 maybe 3 years.

probably none..again, i don't consider kids to be high profile because they have stars next to their name. if they are HIGH PROFILE, they are playing FBS football.

catsack said:
G-BEARS said:

How do get a three star and only team to offer is cats ? Lol this class is average at best!!

That TE looks like a good get to me, strong and agile. To avoid the typical egriz onslaught: we've got some studs in our class as well.

G-BEARS said:
havgrizfan said:

I understand all of that, pretty obvious stuff. What I was getting at was what was the last UM recruiting class that had many high profile ( 2/3 star recruits) in it? As I've only followed recruiting a little bit for the last 2 maybe 3 years.

I dont remember the year (maybe 2004), but the class with the big lb from colorado, and a few HUGE OL was probably the most acclaimed signing day class I remember.

havgrizfan said:

That's why we'll still be talking about Kessman long after we forget about those other two.

AllWeatherFan said:
havgrizfan said:

That's why we'll still be talking about Kessman long after we forget about those other two.

Legends never die.

snap said:
I hope you have other avenues for funding the MSU rape prevention program cause you ain't gonna win shit on this bet.
The Bobcat football team needs to join that worthy program right before their last regular game of the season. They have been publicly victimized far too often in the past... They could probably collect some major bucks by placing donation cans along the Trail of Tears.

Back