• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Texas Connection

I have NEVER used that term, but that's exactly what I mean. MULTIPLE threads in the BN college football section for years making fun of Griz fans for being overly excited about recruiting classes.

Brock Landers said:
getgrizzy said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I heard they got a "new D McGhee" but this time it's on defense!

Ooooooooohhhh shivers!
i agree. mchee was way, way overrated. roderick will be a vast improvement.
A dude who will be 4 years removed from any real action at QB is going to step in and outperform their most prolific player in school history? I won't hold my breath.
it wasn't a compliment about roderick. your guy mcghee just wasn't that good. now go back your own board scat lander.

getgrizzy said:
Brock Landers said:
getgrizzy said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I heard they got a "new D McGhee" but this time it's on defense!

Ooooooooohhhh shivers!
A dude who will be 4 years removed from any real action at QB is going to step in and outperform their most prolific player in school history? I won't hold my breath.
it wasn't a compliment about roderick. your guy mcghee just wasn't that good. now go back your own board scat lander.

Brock is not a cat fan.

EverettGriz said:
getgrizzy said:
Brock Landers said:
getgrizzy said:

Brock is not a cat fan.
fan of thug u he says.

Walkon79 said:
Here's a little something for those of you who said the pipeline was dead:

Looks alive and well to me :D :D :D

I'll meet you halfway on that... it is alive. :idea:

Walkon79 said:

ATH Justin Paige 5-11 165lbs TX (N/R)
RB Tavon Dodd 5-8 185lbs TX (N/R)
TE Curtis Amos 6-2 220lbs TX (3 Star)
DE Zach Wright 6-4 235lbs TX (N/R)
CB Bryce Alley 5-11 175lbs TX (N/R)
CB Braelen Evans 6-0 190lbs TX (2 Star)

You are probably correct 79, but ponder this. How many semifinal games have the Cats played in since the Texas pipeline was established. I think the Cats might want to tap into another state or pipeline. As far I am concerned - keep it up.

Copper Griz said:
Walkon79 said:

You are probably correct 79, but ponder this. How many semifinal games have the Cats played in since the Texas pipeline was established. I think the Cats might want to tap into another state or pipeline. As far I am concerned - keep it up.

Griz fans and buffalo bills fans are the only people i know who base success on how many semi final games you've played in.

wbtfg said:
Copper Griz said:
Walkon79 said:

Griz fans and buffalo bills fans are the only people i know who base success on how many semi final games you've played in.
And how do you judge success? It must be by how well you can recruit players from Texas who can't get past the first round of the playoffs. Y'all must be e-lated.

wbtfg said:
Copper Griz said:
Walkon79 said:

What do cat fans base success on?
How many first round games they've played in? :lol:

pussycatkillerz said:
wbtfg said:
Copper Griz said:
Walkon79 said:

What do cat fans base success on?
How many first round games they've played in? :lol:

Mythical national championships.
Sasquatch, the Loch Ness Monster, and Chupacabra have more evidence of existence, but the cat fans still try to say they've won a championship.

wbtfg said:
Copper Griz said:
Walkon79 said:

:lol:

We have more NC appearances than you have PLAYOFF games in the past 18 years. We don't measure success by semifinal games....only when 'scat fans come crowing about how they've "caught" the Griz and "there's a new sheriff in town" and all that predictable BS.

Gotta love the cat and egal fans that want to matter so much they have to settle for playoff appearances and not wins or National Championships.

It would be sad if it wasnt so funny............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EverettGriz said:
getgrizzy said:
Brock Landers said:
getgrizzy said:

Brock is not a cat fan.
There are few on this board who hate them more than me

BDizzle said:
SACCAT66 said:
BDizzle said:
They got a steal with Curtis Amos. A 3 star TE recruit that will finish his career with 12 catches and 1 TD with 3 losses to the Griz.

So you are saying we will win one game against the griz in the next 4 years? I have never been a fan of hyping up a group of 18 year old kids that haven't really figured out what they want to do in life...Hard not to get exited about the future, but isn't it something like 50% of recruits don't make it to there senior year with the team they signed with?

That's exactly what I am saying. I am being nice and saying you will win 1 game vs the Griz in the next 4 years. Are you saying that Curtis Amos probably won't finish his career with the cats?

I have no clue where he will end up, my point was that everyone gets hyped up about signing day, when you have no idea how it will turn out in the long run...statistics show that over half of the players we are raving about will NOT be on the team in 4 years.

P.S. Cats will win AT LEAST 2 of the next 4 Cat/griz games.

I'll take that bet.

2006 - close Griz win
2007 - blowout Griz win
2008 - blowout Griz win
2009 - blowout Griz win
2010 - close Cat win (back-up QB and first-year head coach)
2011 - blowout Griz win
2012 - close Cat win (back-up QB and first-year head coach)
2013 - blowout Griz win

Brock Landers said:
I'll take that bet.

2006 - close Griz win
2007 - blowout Griz win
2008 - blowout Griz win
2009 - blowout Griz win
2011 - blowout Griz win
2013 - blowout Griz win

$100 to the charity of the winners choosing sound good? Cats have to win 2 of the next 4 CAT/griz games for me to win...

SACCAT66 said:
Brock Landers said:
I'll take that bet.

2006 - close Griz win
2007 - blowout Griz win
2008 - blowout Griz win
2009 - blowout Griz win
2011 - blowout Griz win
2013 - blowout Griz win

$100 to the charity of the winners choosing sound good? Cats have to win 2 of the next 4 CAT/griz games for me to win...

Sweet Jesus...can I get some of that action? :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
Brock Landers said:
I'll take that bet.

2006 - close Griz win
2007 - blowout Griz win
2008 - blowout Griz win
2009 - blowout Griz win
2011 - blowout Griz win
2013 - blowout Griz win

I will add you as well....Again the money must go to a charity of the winners choice.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
Brock Landers said:
I'll take that bet.

2006 - close Griz win
2007 - blowout Griz win
2008 - blowout Griz win
2009 - blowout Griz win
2011 - blowout Griz win
2013 - blowout Griz win

I will add you as well....Again the money must go to a charity of the winners choice.

My charity is eGriz. :thumb:

Back