• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitts interview....

grizzly bob 70 said:
I am tired of Stitt's constant sunshine and rainbows evaluation of his teams. If there is a problem identify in generalities without demeaning anyone(like Mike Leach does daily)...But if the offense is struggling, say it is struggling, instead of making excuses that "our defense is really good" "they see these plays all of the time and are ready for what we do".

And many here are tired of this constant complaint. Stitt is who he is and in spite of the self aggrandized credentials of anonymous posters, this is the last place he would look for guidance on how to perform better as a coach.

Well, 8184, I don't agree. You can make book Stitt reads the posts on egriz with regularity. It would seem to be an important facet of his on the job training program.

Spanky said:
Well, 8184, I don't agree. You can make book Stitt reads the posts on egriz with regularity. It would seem to be an important facet of his on the job training program.

Maybe you are right. Who really knows how many current and former FBS and NFL HC's and OC's post advice here over taking Bob's phone calls. :roll:

IntuitiveGriz said:
Coach Stitt has a great football mind, and is a very, very like-able guy... one that I am very glad to have leading our program. He is building something big.

He mentioned wanting to have the Spring Game every year in Butte... I would love the pigskin out of that!

Did you determine that great football mind from his first two years as HC at UM, or of his building a great program at the School of Mines.

horribilisfan8184 said:
grizzly bob 70 said:
I am tired of Stitt's constant sunshine and rainbows evaluation of his teams. If there is a problem identify in generalities without demeaning anyone(like Mike Leach does daily)...But if the offense is struggling, say it is struggling, instead of making excuses that "our defense is really good" "they see these plays all of the time and are ready for what we do".

And many here are tired of this constant complaint. Stitt is who he is and in spite of the self aggrandized credentials of anonymous posters, this is the last place he would look for guidance on how to perform better as a coach.

Just making a comment on how I see it. Yes I had to look up what aggrandized meant so understood what you were talking about! Yes I have a degree from the University of Montana. Yes I played football for Montana. Don't loose to the cats and he can use any approach, including rainbows and sunshine...probably wont give a crap at that point. If what you're doing doesn't work try something else! nuff said!

grizzly bob 70 said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
grizzly bob 70 said:

Just making a comment on how I see it. Yes I had to look up what aggrandized meant so understood what you were talking about! Yes I have a degree from the University of Montana. Yes I played football for Montana. Don't loose to the cats and he can use any approach, including rainbows and sunshine...probably wont give a crap at that point. If what you're doing doesn't work try something else! nuff said!

Isn't Stitt 1-1 against the Cats?

MrTitleist said:
grizzly bob 70 said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
grizzly bob 70 said:

so that is good enough against those bastards for you? You should have your moderator credentials revoked!

1-1 isn't good enough, especially a loss to last year's cat team. Then there was Northern Colorado....

Just a friendly reminder that the last three coaches before Stitt also started 1-1 against the Cats.

So you can shut up about that.

Maybe you should shut up. That was one of the worst cat teams I've seen and I've seen many of them. I look at the Northern Colorado loss as even a bigger disaster. Maybe you have good reasons for these losses as you may be another who thinks Stitt has a great football mind?

grizzly bob 70 said:
MrTitleist said:
grizzly bob 70 said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

so that is good enough against those bastards for you? You should have your moderator credentials revoked!

If you want to be a dick maybe you need your posting credentials revoked.

Spanky said:
Maybe you should shut up. That was one of the worst cat teams I've seen and I've seen many of them. I look at the Northern Colorado loss as even a bigger disaster. Maybe you have good reasons for these losses as you may be another who thinks Stitt has a great football mind?

I don't know, overall team talent could have been a factor also.

I'm not the Flim Flammer Helena, but I would have fixed it with Junior College transfers to get some stud OL and Running Backs.

Spanky said:
I'm not the Flim Flammer Helena, but I would have fixed it with Junior College transfers to get some stud OL and Running Backs.

So it must be easy to recruit stud OL from the JC Ranks. As for running back, I think they put their eggs in a specific basket....

I don't know how long you have been around, but do you remember Jack Swarthouts teams? Many of his players were from the JC ranks. I would bet his teams would destroy Stitts teams.
As for running backs. Do you think we are in a strong position this year?

Spanky said:
I don't know how long you have been around, but do you remember Jack Swarthouts teams? Many of his players were from the JC ranks. I would bet his teams would destroy Stitts teams.
As for running backs. Do you think we are in a strong position this year?

I see, you still think it is 1970 in terms of recruiting. As for running back, no.

MrTitleist said:
grizzly bob 70 said:
MrTitleist said:
grizzly bob 70 said:

If you want to be a dick maybe you need your posting credentials revoked.

Ok Trump :roll:

Back