• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt- No fence riding (for or against)-Pre 2017

For or Against keeping Stitt

• For

Votes: 112 84.8%
  • Against

Votes: 20 15.2%

• Total voters
....right now....I would be.....against an extension.....for Stitt.....
....could that change......yes....depending on....the season........

jodcon said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
People need to quit being stupid. Being against extending Stitt right now has zero to do with hoping the Griz fail or signifies a person is rooting against them.

But what about the people who are hoping for a bad season so they can say "I told you so" when Stitt gets fired? They need a place to vote too?

Maybe we need another poll just for them...

There are 2 or 3 of them. Poll complete.

ORGUNGRIZ said:
I certainly believe a coaching staff needs time to build a program, especially when your changing systems entirely.
However I think Stitt is in a hard position just because of circumstances within UM.
The main being the new Champion Center. UM can not afford to have such a gem built as a tool to have a program not produce.
I hope for Stitt sake he turns things around and makes a run into the playoffs and is able to use the Champions Center as a tool.
If he does not make a run this year? UM may give him another season and if he does not produce the following year then I think he is gone.

That is exactly what I think should happen as well.

PlayerRep said:
19 wins in 2 seasons, 2 top 16 playoff appearances, no losses to any non-playoff or non-FBS teams except 7-5 CP, top 10 and top 12 year end rankings. And the geniuses of egriz want to "rebuild" and "change the culture", as the program was a "mess" after those seasons.

The first 2 rebuilding years result in the playoffs one year and a 6th ranking in the conference the next year. 14 wins and 10 losses overall. Losses to NC (2), Weber and the Cats.

No thanks on the rebuilding; I'll take 10-3 and 9-5.

This is not meant to be negative on Stitt; it's meant to point out how off base it is to say the UM program needed to be rebuilt because it was a mess. In fact, it makes me think of Griz fans like this:

I've already explained that to you, but you are either unable or unwilling to listen to reason and logic. Either (a) there was NO impact from the loss of four scholarships and Delaney's recruiting (particularly of offensive linemen) absolutely SUCKED BALLS, which impacted the success of his replacement (Stitt) or (b) there WAS an impact from the loss of four scholarships and Delaney didn't have to feel it because he had a team loaded with upperclassmen who weren't impacted by the loss in scholarships and he was gone before those shitty recruiting classes became contributors on the field.

You pick.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
19 wins in 2 seasons, 2 top 16 playoff appearances, no losses to any non-playoff or non-FBS teams except 7-5 CP, top 10 and top 12 year end rankings. And the geniuses of egriz want to "rebuild" and "change the culture", as the program was a "mess" after those seasons.

The first 2 rebuilding years result in the playoffs one year and a 6th ranking in the conference the next year. 14 wins and 10 losses overall. Losses to NC (2), Weber and the Cats.

This is not meant to be negative on Stitt; it's meant to point out how off base it is to say the UM program needed to be rebuilt because it was a mess. In fact, it makes me think of Griz fans like this:

I've already explained that to you, but you are either unable or unwilling to listen to reason and logic. Either (a) there was NO impact from the loss of four scholarships and Delaney's recruiting (particularly of offensive linemen) absolutely SUCKED BALLS, which impacted the success of his replacement (Stitt) or (b) there WAS an impact from the loss of four scholarships and Delaney didn't have to feel it because he had a team loaded with upperclassmen who weren't impacted by the loss in scholarships and he was gone before those shitty recruiting classes became contributors on the field.

You pick.

Actually, you can't read. I already said the loss of schollies had some impact, but also said loss
of schollies was not one of the significant factors in the season results last year. Multiple other factors were. You said the lack of scholarships was the main factor in the season results last year. Just plain wrong.

For..... We will see how the season goes.

The list of Griz football coaches I was ready to see go (that I remember):

Larry Donovan. Will always be exhibit 1A in my book.
Mick Dennehy. Was handed a Cadillac. Was smart enough to move on before his lack of maintenance showed up.
Mick Delaney. The right guy at the right time. Should have been a 1 year replacement.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

You pick.

Actually, you can't read. I already said the loss of schollies had some impact, but also said loss
of schollies was not one of the significant factors in the season results last year. Multiple other factors were. You said the lack of scholarships was the main factor in the season results last year. Just plain wrong.

Here's what I said about loss of schollies (hint: says NOTHING about it being the main factor in last year's results). Key words bolded for the reading impaired:

It affects FUTURE years, because those future classes are by the nature of the punishment smaller and/or devoid of talent that otherwise could have been attracted with four additional scholarships to hand out. THAT is what played out last year, IMHO. THAT's why we were 6-5 (among a host of other things that have been beaten to death on this board)...and honestly, the return of those four schollies isn't going to pay immediate dividends for the very same reasons--unless he hands them out to four four-star drop downs who can come in and be impact players immediately.

Here's what you said:
The Griz were 9-5 before Stitt arrived. Second round of playoffs. Losses to Wyo. (close game), no. 6 EWU (twice), no. 1 NDSU, and Cal Poly (7-5). Griz beat no. 11 MSU. Griz ended up ranked 12th in Stats poll, and 11th in coaches poll. Sorry, but that was not a "mess" of a season.

While the loss of schollies has some impact, that is not close to being the biggest factor in the slight decline in the program.

Feel free to explain how the poor season last year, and the collapse at the end of the season, was caused by what was indicated in Mining's post. Sorry, but I don't see the connection.

You're apparently confused as to whether there's even BEEN a decline, let alone trying to figure out the causes of the "slight" decline. First it's labeled a "slight decline", then it's a "poor season" and a "collapse". Well, it can't be both. Which is it?

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

You pick.

Here's what I said about loss of schollies (hint: says NOTHING about it being the main factor in last year's results). Key words bolded for the reading impaired:

It affects FUTURE years, because those future classes are by the nature of the punishment smaller and/or devoid of talent that otherwise could have been attracted with four additional scholarships to hand out. THAT is what played out last year, IMHO. THAT's why we were 6-5 (among a host of other things that have been beaten to death on this board)...and honestly, the return of those four schollies isn't going to pay immediate dividends for the very same reasons--unless he hands them out to four four-star drop downs who can come in and be impact players immediately.

Here's what you said:
The Griz were 9-5 before Stitt arrived. Second round of playoffs. Losses to Wyo. (close game), no. 6 EWU (twice), no. 1 NDSU, and Cal Poly (7-5). Griz beat no. 11 MSU. Griz ended up ranked 12th in Stats poll, and 11th in coaches poll. Sorry, but that was not a "mess" of a season.

While the loss of schollies has some impact, that is not close to being the biggest factor in the slight decline in the program.

Feel free to explain how the poor season last year, and the collapse at the end of the season, was caused by what was indicated in Mining's post. Sorry, but I don't see the connection.

You're apparently confused as to whether there's even BEEN a decline, let alone trying to figure out the causes of the "slight" decline. First it's labeled a "slight decline", then it's a "poor season" and a "collapse". Well, it can't be both. Which is it?

Yes, this is what I have said all along: "While the loss of schollies has some impact, that is not close to being the biggest factor in the slight decline in the program."

Some impact. Not a huge impact. Not anything that caused last year's season, nor the collapse at the end of the season. Other factors more important.

In my view, the Griz program has had a small or slight decline, not a huge decline. If UM starts to go 6-5 and lose to weaker teams and the Cats a for a couple more years, then I will say that the decline has been much more than small or slight. I don't judge a program by one bad year, or a season end collapse, or occasional weaker years.

I assume you are smart enough to know the difference between a program and its health/success and one season, or one half of a season. If you aren't, then I can understand the program.

And this is what you said, AZ, referring to the loss of schoolies as "THAT":

"...THAT is what played out last year, IMHO. THAT's why we were 6-5...."

You said the loss of schollies played out last year, and the loss of schollies were the reason UM was 6-5, among other reasons. I disagree that the loss of schollies was a significant factor in being 6-5 last year, or in the collapse at the end of the season. And, as I've said several times, the loss of schollies has an impact, just not at a big enough level to cause a 6-5 season and end of season collapse like last year.

I do think it only fair to give any new coach at least three years to bring in his guys for his system. Short scollys may not be the only reason for the slide but it sure did not help either when you are trying to retool an entire system from the ground up. Last year, especially as the season progressed the coaches seemed to loose the locker room and therefore team unity, which seems to be talked about much this pre season, lets hope its much improved. I'm ready to give this staff another roll of the dice and see how the season progresses but no doubt Griz Nation will be on fire if we see the shit show that was last year, especially that last game. Sorry I guess I'm painfully optimistic which puts me on the fence.
On the upside, being outside the rankings may provided the best fuel to get this team fired up and back to dominating
Go Griz

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

You pick.

Here's what you said:

Yes, this is what I have said all along: "While the loss of schollies has some impact, that is not close to being the biggest factor in the slight decline in the program."

Some impact. Not a huge impact. Not anything that caused last year's season, nor the collapse at the end of the season. Other factors more important.

In my view, the Griz program has had a small or slight decline, not a huge decline. If UM starts to go 6-5 and lose to weaker teams and the Cats a for a couple more years, then I will say that the decline has been much more than small or slight. I don't judge a program by one bad year, or a season end collapse, or occasional weaker years.

I assume you are smart enough to know the difference between a program and its health/success and one season, or one half of a season. If you aren't, then I can understand the program.

You said the loss of schollies played out last year, and the loss of schollies were the reason UM was 6-5, among other reasons. I disagree that the loss of schollies was a significant factor in being 6-5 last year, or in the collapse at the end of the season. And, as I've said several times, the loss of schollies has an impact, just not at a big enough level to cause a 6-5 season and end of season collapse like last year.

So you're going for Door B then? Delaney's suck-ass o-line recruiting that has hampered this team for 4+ years?

GoldenEagle said:
Please keep him for at least another ten years.

Careful there, meth-boy. You have no idea what you've got this year....might wanna make sure that things still on the rails before you go casting stones (or meth pipes).

AZGrizFan said:
GoldenEagle said:
Please keep him for at least another ten years.

Careful there, meth-boy. You have no idea what you've got this year....might wanna make sure that things still on the rails before you go casting stones (or meth pipes).
Wow, that really hurts.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Here's what you said:

So you're going for Door B then? Delaney's suck-ass o-line recruiting that has hampered this team for 4+ years?

Aren't 4 Delaney's o-line recruits starting this year if Ralston starts? Stitt will have had 3 years to bring in new o-line recruits and transfers, but those 4 "suck-ass" Delaney recruits will still be starting.

You really don't understand football or Griz football.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Here's what you said:

Aren't 4 Delaney's o-line recruits starting this year if Ralston starts? Stitt will have had 3 years to bring in new o-line recruits and transfers, but those 4 "suck-ass" Delaney recruits will still be starting.

Yes, they will. And there's not a sane person that doesn't think it's the weakest part of the team right now, and has been for four years.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Yes, they will. And there's not a sane person that doesn't think it's the weakest part of the team right now, and has been for four years.

If Delaney's o-line and other recruits are so bad, why are they still starting? Sorry, but that totally undercuts what you are saying.

Lots of sane, and knowledgeable, fans and supporters don't agree with you.

AZ, you are so out of touch. And you can't possibly have played the game.

Keep tossing up your cream puffs.

grizpack said:
For..... We will see how the season goes.

The list of Griz football coaches I was ready to see go (that I remember):

Larry Donovan. Will always be exhibit 1A in my book.
Mick Dennehy. Was handed a Cadillac. Was smart enough to move on before his lack of maintenance showed up.
Mick Delaney. The right guy at the right time. Should have been a 1 year replacement.
Hugh Davidson.

ordigger said:
Mavman said:
Soo according to the poll egriz has 103 unknowledgeable fans and 17 knowledgeable fans.
Is this correct?

103 Griz Fans that cheer for the team
17 Anti Stitt/Griz fans that would rather seen this team fail so they can replace Stitt. Flawed logic.
That is a crazy conclusion from the data. Agenda.

PlayerRep said:
Aren't 4 Delaney's o-line recruits starting this year if Ralston starts?

I thought Cooper Sprunk was originally a walk-on, as a TE. Ralston was recruited as a TE. And Luke was also a walk-on. David Reese is the only OL recruit I know of. If not mistaken.

kemajic said:
ordigger said:
Mavman said:
Soo according to the poll egriz has 103 unknowledgeable fans and 17 knowledgeable fans.
Is this correct?

103 Griz Fans that cheer for the team
17 Anti Stitt/Griz fans that would rather seen this team fail so they can replace Stitt. Flawed logic.
That is a crazy conclusion from the data. Agenda.

Nope...fact. I'm the last person in the world that has anything to do with agendas. Personally I think both Liberals and Conservatives are idiots, because neither wants to work with the other and do what is best for us as a country....instead they push their agendas down our throats.

My personal opinion is the decision should be made on Stitt after the season. However, per the way the poll was setup, no support now....is no support for the team. If you are supporting a change now - for the end of the season, then logically you want failure by Stitt now.....or an undefeated season and a National Championship. That might get him another job too! :)

Back