• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt needs to fire Seymore.

I found this interesting.

I took a look back in eGriz history and found that a former Griz coach had a very similar 2nd half collapse (much like Stitt's collapse against EWU) against what was then a DII school.

Bobby Hauck in 2003 vs NDSU, and the thread titled "What went wrong" seems very similar to some threads we've seen the past few days. Granted that the NDSU game was Hauck's second game ever, it's interesting to look back and see that he suffered a major 2nd half collapse too like what we just saw. No second-half adjustments.

Halftime leads
2003 vs NDSU (24-2)
2017 vs EWU (24-6)

Final score
2003 vs NDSU (L 24-25)
2017 vs EWU (L 41-48)

http://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1805

get'em_griz said:

I took a look back in eGriz history and found that a former Griz coach had a very similar 2nd half collapse (much like Stitt's collapse against EWU) against what was then a DII school.

Bobby Hauck in 2003 vs NDSU, and the thread titled "What went wrong" seems very similar to some threads we've seen the past few days. Granted that the NDSU game was Hauck's second game ever, it's interesting to look back and see that he suffered a major 2nd half collapse too like what we just saw. No second-half adjustments.

Halftime leads
2003 vs NDSU (25-2)
2017 vs EWU (24-6)

Final score
2003 vs NDSU (L 24-25)
2017 vs EWU (L 41-48)

hauck was just setting us up for the Villanova game 7 years later. :lol:

get'em_griz said:

Halftime leads
2003 vs NDSU (25-2)
2017 vs EWU (24-6)

Final score
2003 vs NDSU (L 24-25)
2017 vs EWU (L 41-48)

How do you lose 1 point over halftime?

Man1 said:
get'em_griz said:

Halftime leads
2003 vs NDSU (25-2)
2017 vs EWU (24-6)

Final score
2003 vs NDSU (L 24-25)
2017 vs EWU (L 41-48)

How do you lose 1 point over halftime?

Kick to start both halves. It's called the Delaney Rule. :lol:

get'em_griz said:

Halftime leads
2003 vs NDSU (24-2)
2017 vs EWU (24-6)

Final score
2003 vs NDSU (L 24-25)
2017 vs EWU (L 41-48)

Hauck's second game at UM; D gives up 23 in second half.
Stitt's 28th game at UM; D gives up 42 second half.

Hauck's BSC record: 47-7
Stitt's BSC record: 16-12

AZGrizFan said:
get'em_griz said:

Halftime leads
2003 vs NDSU (25-2)
2017 vs EWU (24-6)

Final score
2003 vs NDSU (L 24-25)
2017 vs EWU (L 41-48)

hauck was just setting us up for the Villanova game 7 years later. :lol:
Nova outscored us 14-7 in the second half. Missed scoring opportunities in the first half is what beat us.

I don't see Stitt losing NC games to be a big risk.

Never played the game, don’t understand half the offense or defense sets. But my observation is the offense cannot put the defense in a position to fail. A couple times in the EWU game we went for it on 4th, once I believe it was 4th and 6th, in our own territory and turned the ball over on downs. Giving EWU a short field to work with especially when the game is still in doubt only puts more pressure on the defense. Stitt needs to manage the whole game and not just the offensive side. Like I said never played the game but have been a big fan of the Grizzlies since 1964 when I first came to the U.

If we are going to start firing people let's do it right! Stitt, DC, special teams and Haslam!!! Time to hire Bobby Hauck back and fix all these problems in one big sweep!!! We are losing our Mo Jo Griz fans!!! Last Saturdays loss was just more of last years implosion!! Pretty soon we are going to have to take down the "We are Montana"! sign!!! :( :( Check Haucks resume it's impeccable. No he isn't perfect. But to much political correct can be a bad thing.All of your good football coaches have a little swagger! They have to! They carry themselves a little higher than the average Jo...
Bobby isn't going to wait around forever!!!

Back