• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt needs to fire Seymore.

kemajic said:
The.Real.2506 said:
reinell30 said:
Stitt needs to hire Kramer for DC!

Kramer is way to big of a personality, stitt could never stand for someone that much better than he is.
We saw that with Gregorak.
You really think THAT was the issue with TG, and not the fact that he became a cancer in the locker room after he didn't get the job?

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
The.Real.2506 said:
reinell30 said:
Stitt needs to hire Kramer for DC!

Kramer is way to big of a personality, stitt could never stand for someone that much better than he is.
You really think THAT was the issue with TG, and not the fact that he became a cancer in the locker room after he didn't get the job?

I do (not believe that was the issue), and I don't believe the cancer in the locker room BS. This view is in part based on talking to some players who were on the team and in the locker room. I also don't believe any of the problem had much, if anything, to do with his not being hired as head coach. He had been at UM for many many years. He knew all of the players. His players loved him for the most part. He had huge credibility with the players that year. On the other hand, I can see why it didn't work out with Stitt and him. And, have no problem with whatever happened to have to TG depart. And, while I like Semore, it's not like the defense got better because TG left. And, my Cat friends and some Cat players I know, say TG is great and the Cat defense has been playing well this year.

Read the Kaimim article. Read the new article and Stitt's response..."let your coaches coach but 42 second half points is unacceptable"...interesting

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
The.Real.2506 said:

I do (not believe that was the issue), and I don't believe the cancer in the locker room BS. This view is in part based on talking to some players who were on the team and in the locker room. I also don't believe any of the problem had much, if anything, to do with his not being hired as head coach. He had been at UM for many many years. He knew all of the players. His players loved him for the most part. He had huge credibility with the players that year. On the other hand, I can see why it didn't work out with Stitt and him. And, have no problem with whatever happened to have to TG depart. And, while I like Semore, it's not like the defense got better because TG left. And, my Cat friends and some Cat players I know, say TG is great and the Cat defense has been playing well this year.
I'm basing the 'cancer' comment on conversations I've had with individuals high up in the AD's office....and then telling me Haslam realized too late that forcing stitt to keep TG was a mistake...because of the division in the locker room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

I'm basing the 'cancer' comment on conversations I've had with individuals high up in the AD's office....and then telling me Haslam realized too late that forcing stitt to keep TG was a mistake...because of the division in the locker room.

There was to much friction between Stitt and TG for it to work. I think it stemmed from many different things, from TG not getting the HC job, to some division in the locker room (some upperclassmen choosing between TG and Stitt), to TG not handling some things how he should of, to what I believe was TG not buying into what Stitt was selling. For what it is worth now, that is all in the past.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

And I base mine on talkin to players who were actually playing and in the locker room. I know there were issues, but cancer in the locker room is not what I believe the situation was. Also, there has been way too much finger pointing towards TG. Consider whether certain people, like ones in the athletic dept., are self-interested in justifying decisions they made. The same thing goes for rumor/finger-pointing at certain seniors from last year. Not saying seniors or TG did everything right, but, sorry, I just don't believe all of it.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

There was to much friction between Stitt and TG for it to work. I think it stemmed from many different things, from TG not getting the HC job, to some division in the locker room (some upperclassmen choosing between TG and Stitt), to TG not handling some things how he should of, to what I believe was TG not buying into what Stitt was selling. For what it is worth now, that is all in the past.

Judged in retrospect, the friction problem should not be surprising to anyone.

I normally am not one to say a coach should lose their job, especially after a bad loss when emotions are high.

With that said, I think a change is needed on defense, whether that is now or after the season. This defense seems to have the typical amount of talent we are used to at Montana, but systematically they are outmatched. Since Seymore has taken over we have seen many games where the opposing offense makes an adjustment and the defense does not counter. Saturday's game was the perfect example of getting outcoached.

I feel like we are finally seeing a consistent offense can be sustained in the coming years. However, this team will not be able to take that next step until we have a defense that does not let teams like EWU run wild against them.

I may have misunderstood but I think two comment Made recently One from Kent last spring when he told me. We have to do better and will or changes need to be made. and secondly Stitt made it clear just how unhappy he was with defensive coaching decisions. He in case you have all forgotten all but canned Gregorak midseason and essentially replaced him his first year.

I was never in the "locker room" while Grgorak was here and I heard much the same from players as did PR, but then I have been around enough kids that age to know to discount 90% of what they say as "whine" They all seemed to forget including Gregorak that there was a new sheriff in town.

Hopefully Stitt will put money where mouth is regarding it being not acceptable. Problem is, I am not sure anyone on staff is really DC potential to even start with if he even considers giving others more of a say

I didn't see the game when it was on but followed it on egriz and had a friend texting me updates. Last night I actually watched the recorded game. By reading the egriz thread during the game I was expecting an absolute defensive meltdown, what I saw was Eastern receivers making some AMAZING grabs that turned many 2nd and longs into 3rd and manageables. Put that together with some great running by their QB. The more I watch those 3rd and 15-20 yarders and the QB takes off the more I'm convinced that is a designed QB draw. Run the receivers way down field, send the RB out to pull off the spy and turn it into a foot race. Vernon Adams, was awesome at it, so was the kid from App stat years ago, Dickinson broke alot of hearts with it ect. Frankly guys the defense played pretty well, Eastern just executed a little better.

R E L A X does any body remember at last coordinator giving up 660 yards passing to a UND team that had a losing record and started a new QB that never did anything after that. We have become a group of decisive haters everywhere. You went up against a good team and QB that may go down as the best at EWU

As frustrating as the EWU loss was I dont think Stitt nor Semore should be fired yet. I still have some faith that given some more time we will get to where we want to be. Accept it or not, the coaches are learning as are the players. There are still some frustrating games/times ahead but I think the coaches are learning formative lessons that will pay dividends down the road.

Back