• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt Deserves 3 More Years

kemajic said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Montana37 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Of course Stitt should get an extension. Do any of the bitchers think putting the caddy in for an engine rebuild for 2-3 more years will be bettter than letting Stitt and Co find their way? Things are pretty good. Coulda shoulda beat EWU. No way should we have beat NAU, Weebs got lucky with every aspect of the game. The cats brought their A game. Whatever. Stitt has lost his starting QB two years but done admirably nonetheless. It would be a fools errand to think some mysterious savior is going to come in and we will be 10-0 next year. I do think Stitt will have us over the hump next year. The returning players are a talented bunch. The recruits look good. The future is bright.
Stitt should be gone. We said exactly what you just said last year. NAU was a lucky win with Cookus being ejected. The way the program is treading doesn’t seem that great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think Nick Saban is coming to town? Who is going to give us 11-0? A new staff comes in and we lose some recruits, they need 2-3 years to get “their guys” into the system, rebuilding years, blah blah blah.
We have a lot of positives: Great young QB, great recruit class, tons of returning talent, a shiny new athletic complex and a large, faithful crowd of fans. I’m wondering what coach could lose his No 1 and still finish this strong? Look at show NAU fared with their No. 2. Got beat by our No. 4. Stitt knows what he is doing. It would be a huge setback to scrap the program for an untested new coach with no better guarantee of success.

OMG, what is in your Kool-Aid?

What is in your fruit basket? Oh never mind.....sour grapes. Give it a freakin rest, you got 9 months to complain, let's wait until summer at least.

grizfan95 said:
ordigger said:
Ursus1 said:
Replacing 4 starters on oline ....Who apparently were better than the backups since were starting.... will be a very serious issue. Not often does replacing that many bode well for an offense. The defense will need to be outstanding and that is not likely watching how Semore runs the show.

We heard poor o-line a lot in the Spring......3 guys will have some solid game experience. As a group they improved from last year, and most if not all have been with Germer since they got here. I'm not as worried about the o-line, as I am some other areas.

The only real area I am worried about is cornerback. Nash showed talent but pretty uncertain after that. What areas do you see?

I think LB depth is good and besides OL, all other areas return.

Yes secondary also, including safety. I hope the inconsistency this year was due to injuries. I agree Nash looks great, and if we can get a rumored safety to return, that should help.

And I'm actually not sold on our RB's, as Calhoun struggled with injuries, and Lee, while many people like, I just am not impressed with our yards per carry this year. The kid from Oklahoma will hopefully get a shot next year, he has JLM speed, but worried about his blocking ability.

No apparent depth at qb either, Incoming freshmen and transfers struggle to learn this offense in year one. IF Gresch goes down, then we have a bigger problem next year than we did this year.

Back