• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt Deserves 3 More Years

ordigger said:
Gaeilge1 said:
You are absolutely right Ordigger. Money talks! But giving this guy 3 more years will ensure that we will have neither the 1 million donor or the 30 million donor.

As of 3 weeks ago the 30 million dollar donor(s) were big Stitt fans, but I suppose todays results could change that.

Not true that UM athletic's biggest donors support Stitt.

HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
A body of work should.

Exactly, and Stitt's body of work is average at best. If you are satisfied with average, and it seems you are, then OK.

Oh enlightened ONE, please tell me how you not wtf I am satisfied with? I am satisfied knowing that you are not a Griz fan. That I will admit to.

ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
A body of work should.

Exactly, and Stitt's body of work is average at best. If you are satisfied with average, and it seems you are, then OK.

Oh enlightened ONE, please tell me how you not wtf I am satisfied with? I am satisfied knowing that you are not a Griz fan. That I will admit to.

It would seem you are satisfied with 6-5, 7-4, no playoffs, and losing to mediocre Cat teams. Just curious digger, where did you graduate college?

HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
A body of work should.

It would seem you are satisfied with 6-5, 7-4, no playoffs, and losing to mediocre Cat teams. Just curious digger, where did you graduate college?

Really? You know this how? Because I'm pretty certain I'm not. Does it matter where I graduated? I'm probably the smartest guy on this board. Well maybe PR has me beat. lol

ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Really? You know this how? Because I'm pretty certain I'm not. Does it matter where I graduated? I'm probably the smartest guy on this board. Well maybe PR has me beat. lol

Based on your posts, I am fairly certain you are not the smartest guy on this board. Also, I have multiple degrees from UM. I bleed maroon. But even then, I do not where maroon colored glasses.

You are absolutely right Ordigger. Money talks! But giving this guy 3 more years will ensure that we will have neither the 1 million donor or the 30 million donor.

HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:

Based on your posts, I am fairly certain you are not the smartest guy on this board.

FYI.....lol means laugh out loud. This happens when someone is making a joke. You're welcome.

ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Based on your posts, I am fairly certain you are not the smartest guy on this board.

FYI.....lol means laugh out loud. This happens when someone is making a joke. You're welcome.

FYI, I knew you were trying to be funny, thinking PR was the only guy that might be smarter. That made me laugh. Only PR. LOL

HelenaHandBasket said:
MTGRIZ12 said:
NOT to mention lack of in state players because of his arrogance.

Of all the reasons to want Stitt out, this is probably one of the dumbest.

And why is this reason so dumb, MTGRIZ12? We need to own the Montana recruiting battle because these players bring a home-grown attitude and intensity to the Griz-Cat game. Out-of-state recruits don't really understand the rivalry's long-term effects that linger throughout the state; matter-of-fact, neither do the coaches hired from outside the state.

The Cats landed twice as many Montana boys than the Griz over the past two years. Even if these recruits are not impact players, they bring a sense of pride and urgency to this game and the preparation and mindset leading up to it. It's the difference of maybe 10 percent in effort that wins or loses a game of this magnitude, and Montana-reared players naturally infuse that extra 10 percent before and during this game because they have to go home and face the barrage of either praise or crap for the next 365 days. Out-of-state players, on-the-other-hand, aren't subject to it once the game is over.

Almost as disappointing as today's game is the fact that so many threads on this board degenerate into posters endlessly calling each other idiots or worse. I know, I don't have to read it, but many posts are quite informative, and there are people here who know more about Griz football (or football in general) than I do, so I'll keep checking in.

For what it's worth, my guess is, Stitt will get a one year extension while we hope his best recruits are so good that they can overcome any coaching deficiencies.

I was just talking with a friend that I would consider in the know, and not saying this with 100% certainty, but he seems to believe that Stitt will get a 1 year extension. Not sure I like the sound of that, but...

HelenaHandBasket said:
I was just talking with a friend that I would consider in the know, and not saying this with 100% certainty, but he seems to believe that Stitt will get a 1 year extension. Not sure I like the sound of that, but...

That’s the same info I’m hearing

RobGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Great [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montana37 said:
RobGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Great [emoji849]

Can’t wait to lose to the Cats and miss the playoffs again next year!

Montana37 said:
Montana37 said:
RobGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Great [emoji849]

Don’t you know. He needs 6 more years to get “his guys”. Than this thing is gonna take off

RobGriz said:
Montana37 said:
Montana37 said:
RobGriz said:
Great [emoji849]

Don’t you know. He needs 6 more years to get “his guys”. Than this thing is gonna take off

At least the loss to the Cats won't be the reason for missing the playoffs, next season will be difficult.

HelenaHandBasket said:
It may take significant acceleration in the declining attendance before anything is done to right this ship. If Stitt is here next year, I think this continued attendance decline is likely to continue. More and more Griz fans will be fed up with the administration's continuing acceptance of mediocrity.

GrizWhiz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
It may take significant acceleration in the declining attendance before anything is done to right this ship. If Stitt is here next year, I think this continued attendance decline is likely to continue. More and more Griz fans will be fed up with the administration's continuing acceptance of mediocrity.

The offense was more consistent this year and produced pretty well with a freshman at the helm and we have a really dynamic talent at RB coming up (Moses), so if the defensive scheming improves then there's reason to be hopeful about next year. We have an awesome QB recruit coming if he sticks who could push Jensen by his RS freshman year. But I guess it goes without saying that we need to see some really good results next year - 4 years is enough.

umwsufan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
MTGRIZ12 said:
NOT to mention lack of in state players because of his arrogance.

Of all the reasons to want Stitt out, this is probably one of the dumbest.

And why is this reason so dumb, MTGRIZ12? We need to own the Montana recruiting battle because these players bring a home-grown attitude and intensity to the Griz-Cat game. Out-of-state recruits don't really understand the rivalry's long-term effects that linger throughout the state; matter-of-fact, neither do the coaches hired from outside the state.

The Cats landed twice as many Montana boys than the Griz over the past two years. Even if these recruits are not impact players, they bring a sense of pride and urgency to this game and the preparation and mindset leading up to it. It's the difference of maybe 10 percent in effort that wins or loses a game of this magnitude, and Montana-reared players naturally infuse that extra 10 percent before and during this game because they have to go home and face the barrage of either praise or crap for the next 365 days. Out-of-state players, on-the-other-hand, aren't subject to it once the game is over.

18 out of 20 years the team who had the most mt players won. stitt doesn't know mt or understand it

Back