• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring Ball is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:
Gallatin Griz said:
What Hooked said! Thanks, PR. Keep the updates coming, please.

I will be at Big Sky/Bozeman for spring break. Will try to give a Cat spring ball report, "out of respect for the rivalry". Ha, joke.

"Out of respect for the rivalry", you better say the Cats look like garbage. :thumb:

I generally call them as I see them, whether it's Griz/Cat or Dartmouth/Harvard. There is never any "hatred". I am not blinded by competition or rivalries. Dartmouth/Harvard was an intense rivalry in my day, and I still don't love Harvard. However, I can still appreciate when the Harvard women hoops team knocks off no. 1 seed Stanford, or when Jeremy Lin of Harvard does well in the NBA. In fact, I affirmatively like that.

I don't "hate" the Griz, I just hope they don't win. There's a difference. Always have respected the opponent that is the Grizzlies. I am also not blinded by competition or rivalries and I hope that shows through when I break down Montana kids.

NativeGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Gallatin Griz said:
What Hooked said! Thanks, PR. Keep the updates coming, please.

I will be at Big Sky/Bozeman for spring break. Will try to give a Cat spring ball report, "out of respect for the rivalry". Ha, joke.
I'm at Huntley Lodge this weekend. Are you by chancing skiing Big Sky Sat/Sun.

Yup. Going tomorrow for spring break. See you there.

VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:

"Out of respect for the rivalry", you better say the Cats look like garbage. :thumb:

I generally call them as I see them, whether it's Griz/Cat or Dartmouth/Harvard. There is never any "hatred". I am not blinded by competition or rivalries. Dartmouth/Harvard was an intense rivalry in my day, and I still don't love Harvard. However, I can still appreciate when the Harvard women hoops team knocks off no. 1 seed Stanford, or when Jeremy Lin of Harvard does well in the NBA. In fact, I affirmatively like that.

I don't "hate" the Griz, I just hope they don't win. There's a difference. Always have respected the opponent that is the Grizzlies. I am also not blinded by competition or rivalries and I hope that shows through when I break down Montana kids.

Good. I'm fine with that. Agreed. Never thought you were in the more extreme category.

PlayerRep said:
Liked what I saw today. Nice positive and instructive practice. 11 on 11 twice. Very athletic team.

All 3 QB's can throw, have good size, and looked mobile or fairly mobile. Guessing they are all B's or better. Hopefully, better.

Tons of receivers, very athletic and fast. 82 and 19 are the 2 stud frosh redshirts. 19 is quite tall. All receivers caught the ball well. Ferriter is apparently on the receivers regarding catching the ball.

D-line, as stated in article, is good and deep. Shaw, the MD transfer, is huge. 6'5", 310. Mobile and fast. Didn't like MD's idea to move him to o-line.

Favors has really bulked up. Green seems to have talent at rb. Secondary seems to have considerable athletic talent. Tons of receivers, Including some walk-ons.

Talked briefly or said hi to Stitt, Semore, JB, Travis, Ferriter. Coaches were friendly and seeming to like being back on the field. Troxel's wife and 2 young kids were there. Green said Nguyen was not slow. Ha. No other fans that I saw. I was on the field, so great view. Still lots of snow just off field, with lots of rubber on it. UM may suck out some rubber and replace with cork, to keep field cooler in the early hot games. Coach from a small Wisconsin school observing. Coached against Stitt at Mines. Nice guy. Another coach has been around observing. Nolan S may have gone to a DIII back east.

Obviously, very limited view. But I feel good about the team, and better than before I went to practice.

Thanks for the information, but didn't Brint in his post say practices were closed session?

Here is Brint's.....

BWahlberg said:
Haha, oh it's fully charged.

Practices, as usual are closed, but I'll be tweeting away from all three scrimmages:

April 7th / April 14th / April 22

Thought someone posted, last year, practices and other events were open to members of the QB Club and a select group of others. Then again, I could be mistaken.

ordigger said:
PlayerRep said:
Liked what I saw today. Nice positive and instructive practice. 11 on 11 twice. Very athletic team.

All 3 QB's can throw, have good size, and looked mobile or fairly mobile. Guessing they are all B's or better. Hopefully, better.

Tons of receivers, very athletic and fast. 82 and 19 are the 2 stud frosh redshirts. 19 is quite tall. All receivers caught the ball well. Ferriter is apparently on the receivers regarding catching the ball.

D-line, as stated in article, is good and deep. Shaw, the MD transfer, is huge. 6'5", 310. Mobile and fast. Didn't like MD's idea to move him to o-line.

Favors has really bulked up. Green seems to have talent at rb. Secondary seems to have considerable athletic talent. Tons of receivers, Including some walk-ons.

Talked briefly or said hi to Stitt, Semore, JB, Travis, Ferriter. Coaches were friendly and seeming to like being back on the field. Troxel's wife and 2 young kids were there. Green said Nguyen was not slow. Ha. No other fans that I saw. I was on the field, so great view. Still lots of snow just off field, with lots of rubber on it. UM may suck out some rubber and replace with cork, to keep field cooler in the early hot games. Coach from a small Wisconsin school observing. Coached against Stitt at Mines. Nice guy. Another coach has been around observing. Nolan S may have gone to a DIII back east.

Obviously, very limited view. But I feel good about the team, and better than before I went to practice.

Thanks for the information, but didn't Brint in his post say practices were closed session?

Here is Brint's.....

BWahlberg said:

Practices, as usual are closed, but I'll be tweeting away from all three scrimmages:

Probably safe to assume what PR posted isn't really violating any sort of secret info the staff doesn't want out there. Really general terms if even that, IMO...

ordigger said:
PlayerRep said:

Here is Brint's.....

BWahlberg said:

Not closed to people who played the game. Ha.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

Rub the lotion on the Gregorak.

You are gay, aren't you? Constant gay comments.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

You are gay, aren't you? Constant gay comments.

I am not, but the comments are because I am not sure about you. But keep deflecting. Any great TG or Nguyen info you would like to pass along?

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

Strange bizarre comment for a guy to make. Although for all I know you're a woman.

Well, this thread has gone into the tubes. Only trumpies or fake Christians care who is gay and who is not. It certainly isn't relevant to Griz football. Give us a break

sdk.catfish said:
Well, this thread has gone into the tubes. Only trumpies or fake Christians care who is gay and who is not. It certainly isn't relevant to Griz football. Give us a break

Perhaps you should address your comment to the person making the comments, i.e. HHH. I reported on a spring practice and talked about football. HHH, who is part of the troll brigade, continues to add nothing and much up threads. Also, my view is that posters, like yourself, should keep political, Trump and religious stuff off the football board. It is not relevant to Griz football. Give us a break. Don't be a hypocrite.

PlayerRep said:
sdk.catfish said:

Perhaps you should address your comment to the person making the comments, i.e. HHH. I reported on a spring practice and talked about football. HHH, who is part of the troll brigade, continues to add nothing and much up threads. Also, my view is that posters, like yourself, should keep political, Trump and religious stuff off the football board. It is not relevant to Griz football. Give us a break. Don't be a hypocrite.

Boom. Mic drop. :lol: :)

ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

Strange bizarre comment for a guy to make. Although for all I know you're a woman.

Just making note of PR's man love for TG and figured they might lather up since he was going to Bozeman. But I apologize, I will no longer make reference of PR's questionable sexual orientation on the message board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back