• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

So...

Paytonlives said:
I have read through most of whats been posted after the game and agree that 7-4 is not where we all what UM to be.

But how can you be sure the next coach will be any better? You think 7-4 is inexcusable but what proof do you have that a new coach would make it better? Are you willing to take on a 3-8 or 4-7 season to "rebuild", because that could happen just as easily as a new coach winning 9 games.

Perhaps 5-6 with a win over the kittens would be exceptable? cats want to give Choat the keys to Bozeman and the man has 3 losing seasons in a row.

This is Choates 2nd season, not 3rd. And this year's record was a reflection of an incredibly tough schedule more than it was about anything else. Keep thinking otherwise, it makes this all the more entertaining.

Paytonlives said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Paytonlives said:
kemajic said:
If this is all you took away from it you missed most of it.
1. Back to back losses to MSU with losing records, giving up well over 300 on the ground both years.
2. No playoffs two years in a row.
3. No real quality wins in two years. NAU without Cookus is about it. Can't win the big games.
4. A defense that can't get itself off the field. 9 minute drive. Can't stop a QB draw.
5. An offense that scores 2 TDs each year against 3-7 and 4-6 teams without a stellar defense.
6. Outcoached, out hustled, beaten by a team that wanted it more.
7. Crazy play calls on both sides of the ball both years.
8. No evidence that any of this will change with this HC. Nothing changed after last year.
9. No expectation for better than 6-5 next year. OL gone.

Fine... But are you willing to take a chance that it gets worse before it gets better? I'd rather see one more year with a new DC before I take that chance.

Better play by the D and the Griz are 10-1. Go ahead and flame, but UM had a bad 2nd half vs. EWU, a Bad 1st half vs. Weber and lost to the cats by 8. They are closer to the playoffs then 5-6.
Here we go with the excuses again !!

What excuses... I just don't see the rational on starting all over. 7-4 sucks, but its not 3-8.
Fortunately, the fan base is not content with a 7-4 performance. However, with the sugar coating douche canoe club growing, I have my doubts down the road. The bottom line is "some of us CAN'T see Stiff getting us deep into the playoffs or the shot at a natty". How could anyone, when he's coached like a clown in the last 2 Scat games?... :egriz:

Can’t rationalize with egriz right after a loss Payton. Last year I argued with people for days that this season would be better than last years.

I got people calling me every name in the book and now people are bitching about a better year than last year 😂

I think next years schedule alongside a revamping o line leaves us kind of in a pickle. Unfortunately I don’t think anyone finds much success next year. I see a 6-5, maybe 7-4 year with same bitching and stitt getting bought out.

Eriul said:
I think next years schedule alongside a revamping o line leaves us kind of in a pickle. Unfortunately I don’t think anyone finds much success next year. I see a 6-5, maybe 7-4 year with same bitching and stitt getting bought out.

Many of the toughest opponents early in the season come to WaGriz. If we defeat UNI and Davis at home, we go 7-1. If we lose to SUU and Idaho on the road, we come back and beat MSU at home for an 8-3 finish and playoff bid. If we lose to UNI or Davis we end 7-4, but the victory over MSU and a little luck gets us a bid.

We have a bump up in our offensive production because Jensen is a student of the game and a hard worker. Give him the offseason with these young WR's and it's illogical to not expect that we'll see improvement from the offense. :thumb: Terron Moses will be the additional player in space we need, creating too many matchup problems for D's to handle. Germer will coach up our young horses on the O-line. Stitt's offense and west-coast schemes in general are designed to work with less than dominant O-lines anyway, but the young guys will surprise to the upside.

On the defensive side, the loss of Strahm hurts but we get better in the secondary (Williams comes in to balance the loss of Strong, Banks is ready to go at safety, Sandry will finally be healed, more good recruiting will pay dividends). And we'll either have a better D coordinator or Semore will continue to learn and improve.

Paytonlives said:
kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:
I have read through most of whats been posted after the game and agree that 7-4 is not where we all what UM to be.
1. Back to back losses to MSU with losing records, giving up well over 300 on the ground both years.
3. No real quality wins in two years. NAU without Cookus is about it. Can't win the big games.
4. A defense that can't get itself off the field. 9 minute drive. Can't stop a QB draw.
5. An offense that scores 2 TDs each year against 3-7 and 4-6 teams without a stellar defense.
8. No evidence that any of this will change with this HC. Nothing changed after last year.

Fine... But are you willing to take a chance that it gets worse before it gets better? I'd rather see one more year with a new DC before I take that chance.

Better play by the D and the Griz are 10-1. Go ahead and flame, but UM had a bad 2nd half vs. EWU, a Bad 1st half vs. Weber and lost to the cats by 8. They are closer to the playoffs then 5-6.

Payton.....What about one more year with same DC ? I ask because I will believe Stitt will fire his buddy when I see it....just don't see the egomaniac doing it.

Griz Man said:
Eriul said:

Many of the toughest opponents early in the season come to WaGriz. If we defeat UNI and Davis at home, we go 7-1. If we lose to SUU and Idaho on the road, we come back and beat MSU at home for an 8-3 finish and playoff bid. If we lose to UNI or Davis we end 7-4, but the victory over MSU and a little luck gets us a bid.

We have a bump up in our offensive production because Jensen is a student of the game and a hard worker. Give him the offseason with these young WR's and it's illogical to not expect that we'll see improvement from the offense. :thumb: Terron Moses will be the additional player in space we need, creating too many matchup problems for D's to handle. Germer will coach up our young horses on the O-line. Stitt's offense and west-coast schemes in general are designed to work with less than dominant O-lines anyway, but the young guys will surprise to the upside.

On the defensive side, the loss of Strahm hurts but we get better in the secondary (Williams comes in to balance the loss of Strong, Banks is ready to go at safety, Sandry will finally be healed, more good recruiting will pay dividends). And we'll either have a better D coordinator or Semore will continue to learn and improve.
The future's so bright, have to wear shades.

kemajic said:
Griz Man said:
Eriul said:

With Jensen's expected growth and Robinson hopefully coming in at QB, pretty much. As the QB goes, so goes this offense. And why not expect a young coordinator like Semore to continue growing, or better yet, I'd love to get someone that's better than Semore.

Griz Man said:
kemajic said:
Griz Man said:
Eriul said:

With Jensen's expected growth and Robinson hopefully coming in at QB, pretty much. As the QB goes, so goes this offense. And why not expect a young coordinator like Semore to continue growing, or better yet, I'd love to get someone that's better than Semore.
Where can I pickup some of that "stuff" that you are smoking? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that we improve at the qb position. I'm not sure how the "O" line improves... :egriz:

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
Paytonlives said:
kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:

Payton, you're a moron. Full stop, end of story. The sooner you stop apologizing for the nonsense that is Griz football, the better. Stitt ain't the man for the job. Semore sucks. Time to move on.
Accurate on all points, so was Snap

rimrockgriz said:
Paytonlives said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Paytonlives said:

Here we go with the excuses again !!

What excuses... I just don't see the rational on starting all over. 7-4 sucks, but its not 3-8.
Fortunately, the fan base is not content with a 7-4 performance. However, with the sugar coating douche canoe club growing, I have my doubts down the road. The bottom line is "some of us CAN'T see Stiff getting us deep into the playoffs or the shot at a natty". How could anyone, when he's coached like a clown in the last 2 Scat games?... :egriz:
I love it "douche canoe club " it's funnier each time I hear it :clap: :p

Paytonlives said:

But how can you be sure the next coach will be any better? You think 7-4 is inexcusable but what proof do you have that a new coach would make it better? Are you willing to take on a 3-8 or 4-7 season to "rebuild", because that could happen just as easily as a new coach winning 9 games.

Perhaps 5-6 with a win over the kittens would be exceptable? cats want to give Choat the keys to Bozeman and the man has 3 losing seasons in a row.

Its all fine and dandy to spout off about you would do this, or UM should do that, but do any of you really realize how hard it is to win 9 or 10 games?

UM lost to 2 playoff teams, a FBS top 15 and the cats, is that really a sign that the whole fricken place should be burned down?

Haslem is not going to fire the whole staff... that would be stupid, hurt recruiting and set UM back some.

Ya'll need to step back from the keyboard and take some very deep breaths. Maybe go fishing or kick the dog... whatever it takes to calm down.

Every head coach UM has had in the past 3 decades has done better than 7-4 multiple times. Every one of them has not had a 2-year gap in making playoffs. I believe the last time UM didn't make playoffs 2 years in row was over 35 years ago.

What evidence do you have that Stitt will do better?

GrizGeneral said:
I'm with you Payton. I get the frustration with Stitt, but why is everyone so sure mystery new coach will be better? Can you imagine the dumpster fire egriz would be if we were eliminated from the playoffs weeks ago like the cats were?

Patience folks. Most years 7-4 would be in, but some weird stuff happened around the FCS this year. I hate losing to our rival like the rest of you all...A LOT...but I'm not sure the grass is greener on the other side.

I'm not calling for Stitt's head, or even Semore's, but every coach UM has had in the past 3 decades has done better and not missed the playoffs 2 years in a row. That's pretty good evidence to me. What evidence do you have that things will get better with the same coach?

Paytonlives said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Paytonlives said:

But how can you be sure the next coach will be any better?
You think 7-4 is inexcusable but what proof do you have that a new coach would make it better? Are you willing to take on a 3-8 or 4-7 season to "rebuild", because that could happen just as easily as a new coach winning 9 games.

Its all fine and dandy to spout off about you would do this, or UM should do that, but do any of you really realize how hard it is to win 9 or 10 games?

UM lost to 2 playoff teams, a FBS top 15 and the cats, is that really a sign that the whole fricken place should be burned down?

Haslem is not going to fire the whole staff... that would be stupid, hurt recruiting and set UM back some.

Ya'll need to step back from the keyboard and take some very deep breaths. Maybe go fishing or kick the dog... whatever it takes to calm down.

Never are sure with a change right away. We hired a coach who was a CAREER .600 type of "leader" we got EXACTLY what we paid for. No proven ability at this level, no meaningful ties to the university, and has thus far demonstrated no ability to adapt.

As in business, it starts at the top, I think the new president should do well for Montana. Haslam made a bad call bringing on stitty, may not make another one if he doesn't get this right.

Regardless, if sitting in a luke warm pile of stitt and questioning if UM would be better with a new coach, there's got to be some courage to leave the ding pile and find a new coach.

We aren't experiencing any worthwhile success, there's no downside to cutting ties with a coach who should have never been here in the 1st place.

His career record is better then Hauck, Dennehy, Delany, or Read.

Not their records at UM, starting from 1990.

Paytonlives said:
cats want to give Choat the keys to Bozeman and the man has 3 losing seasons in a row.

“they’re all quality losses” I actually heard that from some kitten fans yesterday

PlayerRep said:
GrizGeneral said:
I'm with you Payton. I get the frustration with Stitt, but why is everyone so sure mystery new coach will be better? Can you imagine the dumpster fire egriz would be if we were eliminated from the playoffs weeks ago like the cats were?

Patience folks. Most years 7-4 would be in, but some weird stuff happened around the FCS this year. I hate losing to our rival like the rest of you all...A LOT...but I'm not sure the grass is greener on the other side.

I'm not calling for Stitt's head, or even Semore's, but every coach UM has had in the past 3 decades has done better and not missed the playoffs 2 years in a row. That's pretty good evidence to me. What evidence do you have that things will get better with the same coach?

Why wouldn't our young QB and the young WR's improve together over the offseason? There is good evidence that Terron Moses will make our already solid RB rotation more dynamic. It's plausible that the young guys and maybe a transfer or two will make the O-line at least serviceable. Whether Semore stays or goes, the D can get better, or at least tread water, which might be enough if our offense takes a significant step forward.

Back