• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

So...

Wouldn't be so bad, I guess, if certain fundamentals that should have been learned in high school ball are actually carried over. Why not a hurt QB informing his HC so he doesn't try to throw a pass when he could have easily have run out of bounds, stopping the clock. This instead of attempting to throw with a supposed injured arm, yet fumbling it instead. Then acting it out on the sideline as if that was the main reason why what happened, happened.

O.K. but why didn't the HC know about this injury before hand so as to advise to run it instead of trying to pass it? Or putting in Simis instead until the injury is resolved for what it's worth? Childish.

And try not throwing the ball into double and triple coverage, please.

I'm with you Payton. I get the frustration with Stitt, but why is everyone so sure mystery new coach will be better? Can you imagine the dumpster fire egriz would be if we were eliminated from the playoffs weeks ago like the cats were?

Patience folks. Most years 7-4 would be in, but some weird stuff happened around the FCS this year. I hate losing to our rival like the rest of you all...A LOT...but I'm not sure the grass is greener on the other side.

HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:
I have read through most of whats been posted after the game and agree that 7-4 is not where we all what UM to be.
If this is all you took away from it you missed most of it.
1. Back to back losses to MSU with losing records, giving up well over 300 on the ground both years.
2. No playoffs two years in a row.
3. No real quality wins in two years. NAU without Cookus is about it. Can't win the big games.
4. A defense that can't get itself off the field. 9 minute drive. Can't stop a QB draw.
5. An offense that scores 2 TDs each year against 3-7 and 4-6 teams without a stellar defense.
6. Outcoached, out hustled, beaten by a team that wanted it more.
7. Crazy play calls on both sides of the ball both years.
8. No evidence that any of this will change with this HC. Nothing changed after last year.
9. No expectation for better than 6-5 next year. OL gone.

Easier Big Sky schedule next year, which is hard to believe. The first 5 all look winnable, the SUU, Idaho and MSU. Just think we can beat two "rivals" next year. Northern Iowa doesn't traditionally play well here, they have had teams that were better than us before, get beat here. So that leaves Western Illinois at their house.

I'm not worried about the O-Line, 8 months where Germer is going to get them to improve even more. However Stitt, does need to learn emotion, in a game like this one it would've went a long way.

So cheer up, holidays are here soon. Doom and gloom you can worry about in August. :)

Next year forecast....6-5
Yep. But it’ll be because the o line lost 4 starters but wait ‘til Stitt gets “his guys”. We will light it up!

HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
Easier Big Sky schedule next year, which is hard to believe. The first 5 all look winnable, the SUU, Idaho and MSU. Just think we can beat two "rivals" next year. Northern Iowa doesn't traditionally play well here, they have had teams that were better than us before, get beat here. So that leaves Western Illinois at their house.

I'm not worried about the O-Line, 8 months where Germer is going to get them to improve even more. However Stitt, does need to learn emotion, in a game like this one it would've went a long way.

So cheer up, holidays are here soon. Doom and gloom you can worry about in August. :)

8-3 is mine, maybe 10-3 if we get a good DC here. (that would be 9-2 regular season, 1-1 in playoffs)

I am surprised you didn't go 11-0 with a cherry.

However it would be impossible to go 11-0. But I am the optimist. Well it's supper time. Enjoy!

GrizGeneral said:
I'm with you Payton. I get the frustration with Stitt, but why is everyone so sure mystery new coach will be better?

It has more to do with people knowing what they have and they are willing to make a change in hope to do better. If you are happy with 7-4 every year, then great, but most Griz fans aren't.

ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

8-3 is mine, maybe 10-3 if we get a good DC here. (that would be 9-2 regular season, 1-1 in playoffs)

I am surprised you didn't go 11-0 with a cherry.

However it would be impossible to go 11-0. But I am the optimist. Well it's supper time. Enjoy!

Unless, you know, you are predicting the known regular season schedule.

Paytonlives said:
kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:
I have read through most of whats been posted after the game and agree that 7-4 is not where we all what UM to be.
1. Back to back losses to MSU with losing records, giving up well over 300 on the ground both years.
3. No real quality wins in two years. NAU without Cookus is about it. Can't win the big games.
4. A defense that can't get itself off the field. 9 minute drive. Can't stop a QB draw.
5. An offense that scores 2 TDs each year against 3-7 and 4-6 teams without a stellar defense.
8. No evidence that any of this will change with this HC. Nothing changed after last year.

Fine... But are you willing to take a chance that it gets worse before it gets better? I'd rather see one more year with a new DC before I take that chance.

Better play by the D and the Griz are 10-1. Go ahead and flame, but UM had a bad 2nd half vs. EWU, a Bad 1st half vs. Weber and lost to the cats by 8. They are closer to the playoffs then 5-6.
Absolutely. This ship is going nowhere. Would, coulda, shoulda. They didn't do it and it wasn't all on the D. Lucky to win the NAU game; 6-5 would have been far more probable than your 10-1. EWU had a bad start, but when they got going they embarrassed us; both sides of the ball. Weber played the 2nd half with a four score lead. EWU, Weber and MSU beat us all day; no data to suggest otherwise.

HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizGeneral said:
I'm with you Payton. I get the frustration with Stitt, but why is everyone so sure mystery new coach will be better?

It has more to do with people knowing what they have and they are willing to make a change in hope to do better. If you are happy with 7-4 every year, then great, but most Griz fans aren't.

No, not saying 7-4 should be something to celebrate, but we have a winning coach and I'm not sure that's as easy to find as people think. I think the fundamental difference in this debate is what we perceive to be the ceiling.

Paytonlives said:
But how can you be sure the next coach will be any better? You think 7-4 is inexcusable but what proof do you have that a new coach would make it better? Are you willing to take on a 3-8 or 4-7 season to "rebuild", because that could happen just as easily as a new coach winning 9 games.

I think the big problem is we aren't really seeing any improvements over the past 3 years... or well... to be honest... the past 6 years. What we have right now appears to be similar to the Delaney years, just a little more unpredictable in some ways, but still mediocre.

We do very poorly against above .500 teams, we are bad on the road, but we do quite well against sub-.500 teams.

Back when Delaney was coach I looked at a comparison between the first two years under Hauck, Pflugrad and Delaney. I'm betting the first 3 years under Stitt (in terms of percentages) would look similar to the years under Delaney when it came to winning against quality opponents (well below 50%).

Seeing Griz football slip into mediocrity like this is hard to take considering how good the program has been. It makes sense people want change to hopefully get back to where our program was back in the late 90s, through 2011 (with one hiccup in 2010).

Check out the conference standings over the years. Between 1995 and 2011 the Griz were champions or co-champions of the Big Sky every year except 1997 and 2010 (14 out of 16 years). Since then? 0 times.

Paytonlives said:
kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:

Fine... But are you willing to take a chance that it gets worse before it gets better? I'd rather see one more year with a new DC before I take that chance.

Better play by the D and the Griz are 10-1. Go ahead and flame, but UM had a bad 2nd half vs. EWU, a Bad 1st half vs. Weber and lost to the cats by 8. They are closer to the playoffs then 5-6.

Payton, you're a moron. Full stop, end of story. The sooner you stop apologizing for the nonsense that is Griz football, the better. Stitt ain't the man for the job. Semore sucks. Time to move on.

I want to see my alma mater excel again. Seems like since the engstrom debacle at the end of 2011 all the news both athletic and academic regarding the UM has been negative. Gotta turn that around. All around the UM has got to do better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paytonlives said:

But how can you be sure the next coach will be any better?
You think 7-4 is inexcusable but what proof do you have that a new coach would make it better? Are you willing to take on a 3-8 or 4-7 season to "rebuild", because that could happen just as easily as a new coach winning 9 games.

Perhaps 5-6 with a win over the kittens would be exceptable? cats want to give Choat the keys to Bozeman and the man has 3 losing seasons in a row.

Its all fine and dandy to spout off about you would do this, or UM should do that, but do any of you really realize how hard it is to win 9 or 10 games?

UM lost to 2 playoff teams, a FBS top 15 and the cats, is that really a sign that the whole fricken place should be burned down?

Haslem is not going to fire the whole staff... that would be stupid, hurt recruiting and set UM back some.

Ya'll need to step back from the keyboard and take some very deep breaths. Maybe go fishing or kick the dog... whatever it takes to calm down.

Never are sure with a change right away. We hired a coach who was a CAREER .600 type of "leader" we got EXACTLY what we paid for. No proven ability at this level, no meaningful ties to the university, and has thus far demonstrated no ability to adapt.

As in business, it starts at the top, I think the new president should do well for Montana. Haslam made a bad call bringing on stitty, may not make another one if he doesn't get this right.

Regardless, if sitting in a luke warm pile of stitt and questioning if UM would be better with a new coach, there's got to be some courage to leave the ding pile and find a new coach.

We aren't experiencing any worthwhile success, there's no downside to cutting ties with a coach who should have never been here in the 1st place.

kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:

Rational.
There you go Payton. What else do you need? This is a scientific approach to all of the "sugar coating douche canoes". I stole that one from a poster yesterday! It's terrific! I have absolutely no idea if the option is available, but I'd take Hauck back in a New York minute. I have absolutely "0" faith in this coaching staff. We are going to be stuck in the mud if we continue this way... :egriz:

rimrockgriz said:
kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:

Rational.
There you go Payton. What else do you need? This is a scientific approach to all of the "sugar coating douche canoes". I stole that one from a poster yesterday! It's terrific! I have absolutely no idea if the option is available, but I'd take Hauck back in a New York minute. I have absolutely "0" faith in this coaching staff. We are going to be stuck in the mud if we continue this way... :egriz:
It sounds just as good from someone else too, you’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paytonlives said:
kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:

Here we go with the excuses again !!

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Paytonlives said:

You think 7-4 is inexcusable but what proof do you have that a new coach would make it better? Are you willing to take on a 3-8 or 4-7 season to "rebuild", because that could happen just as easily as a new coach winning 9 games.

Perhaps 5-6 with a win over the kittens would be exceptable? cats want to give Choat the keys to Bozeman and the man has 3 losing seasons in a row.

Its all fine and dandy to spout off about you would do this, or UM should do that, but do any of you really realize how hard it is to win 9 or 10 games?

UM lost to 2 playoff teams, a FBS top 15 and the cats, is that really a sign that the whole fricken place should be burned down?

Haslem is not going to fire the whole staff... that would be stupid, hurt recruiting and set UM back some.

Ya'll need to step back from the keyboard and take some very deep breaths. Maybe go fishing or kick the dog... whatever it takes to calm down.

Never are sure with a change right away. We hired a coach who was a CAREER .600 type of "leader" we got EXACTLY what we paid for. No proven ability at this level, no meaningful ties to the university, and has thus far demonstrated no ability to adapt.

As in business, it starts at the top, I think the new president should do well for Montana. Haslam made a bad call bringing on stitty, may not make another one if he doesn't get this right.

Regardless, if sitting in a luke warm pile of stitt and questioning if UM would be better with a new coach, there's got to be some courage to leave the ding pile and find a new coach.

We aren't experiencing any worthwhile success, there's no downside to cutting ties with a coach who should have never been here in the 1st place.

Spot on post Hawkeye . We got what we paid for !!

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Paytonlives said:

His career record is better then Hauck, Dennehy, Delany, or Read.

TCCGRIZ said:
Paytonlives said:
kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:

Here we go with the excuses again !!

What excuses... I just don't see the rational on starting all over. 7-4 sucks, but its not 3-8.

TCCGRIZ said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Paytonlives said:

Spot on post Hawkeye . We got what we paid for !!

I agree Hawkeye..you are wise beyond your years..cut you loses and move on..maybe get a
coach from the Bison who is from a culture of winning again!

Back