• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ryan Kessman BYU Transfer flying in Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! reading the posts about him from the BYU fans you would think he was a big time loser. Calling him fat, lazy, immature, and trouble is a handful but when you go to a school like BYU you have to expect some different things......

TxGriz said:
ronbo said:
Among the possible destinations, Idaho is one of the schools showing interest and, says Kessman's father, it's mutual.

:wtf: I would have to think in a recruiting contest between the doormat of the FBS or one of the elite programs in the FCS, the FCS would prevail every time. He won't be getting away from BYU by going to Idaho, if you know what I mean.

Let's see (decision): major college football - small college football
I wouldn't be quite so confident, particularly since the kid has the credentials for the former. FCS has hardly "prevailed every time." I think it will be a significant achievement for the staff if they land this kid. We do not have everything stacked in our favor like this type of FCS-centric thinking suggests.

You see anything different than what this board does to a player that leaves us? How would they know anything about how he plays he was a redshirt? Just sour grapes because this kid had the gaul to reject them.

ronbo said:
You see anything different than what this board does to a player that leaves us? How would they know anything about how he plays he was a redshirt? Just sour grapes because this kid had the gaul to reject them.

And a coffee-drinker! Makes you wonder how they handled Jim McMahon. Of course, they were wannabes back in those days.

Impressive videos. I am sort of old school and don't like end zone celebrations....I liked how Kessman made that long TD, then turned and handed the ball to the official and trotted off. (Granted there's not much tolerance in HS football for celebration anyhow, but I was still impressed with is demeanor.)

I hope he enjoys his day in Missoula....enough to come back and spend 4 years.

Dallas said:
Ryan and 5 other players went into Salt Lake city to a non drinking and non smoking club 18 and up. The car broke down and they didn't get back to the dorms until very late. They also were late to weight lifting the next morning. all 6 players were punished by running until Bronco got tired. One player even cracked a bone in his hip from how hard they had to work out and run. All 6 players were suspended from the team until they completed 20 hours of community service which was great. They ALL deserved it. Ryan agreed with those terms. The next day Ryan was at a Star Bucks with his GF in Provo. Ryan ordered a vanilla Cappiccino for his GF. Ryan asked for a drink and he took a drink of it. The people in the car in back of Ryan saw Ryan take a drink and sent an e-mail to Bronco Mendenhall. The person in the car in back of Ryan asked the server at StarBucks what Ryan ordered and she told him a vanilla cappiccino. The next day Ryan was asked by the HC if he had violated any of the rules of the Honor Code and at the bottom of the list in the honor code was the drinking of coffee. Bronco reminded Ryan if he lied that he would lose his scholarship. Ryan told the truth saying he drank some coffee but he didn't think it was such a big deal because he was jewish and not mormon. Bronco reminded Ryan that it was a violation of the HC. That's when Ryan asked for his release from his scholarship.

If this is true, then I will root against BYU for the rest of my life, who narc's on a teenager for drinking coffee? Anyways, this would be a huge score for the Griz, this kid has all 4 years left!

Who is hosting this guy? They need to show him a good time... I hear Bodega, Reds and Stockmans all make a good Vanilla Cappiccino!!!

BEWARE OF THIS KID AND HIS DAD!!!! CHECK OUT THESE TWO THREADS FROM OUR MESSAGE BOARD.

http://hornets.bigskyfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35

http://hornets.bigskyfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=59

Kid is a ball of trouble it sounds like...

Kadeezy said:
BEWARE OF THIS KID AND HIS DAD!!!! CHECK OUT THESE TWO THREADS FROM OUR MESSAGE BOARD.

How can you say stay away from this kid? He is not trouble when he will play for Sac but when he leaves there are problems because of his fathes involvement?

First post here from a Sac State fan...

As a Hornets follower, I say congrats if you get him...he appears to be beastly.

Sac State fans, don't pile on the guy. He tried to come to Sac, and unfortunately it didn't work out in the end. I was hyped on him as well. Does his father appear to be a bit overbearing? Probably, but don't slam the family without knowing the full story.

On the other hand, this could be a coup for Montana. You guys seem to have super success with DI transfers. Once again we lose to Montana on something. Although as we all know, just because the kid was a beast in high school means nothing until he gets out on to the field. At this level of football, I'd rather have someone who buys into the system and is a part of the team, rather than an individual.

It's gonna suck if he torches us though.

StingersUp said:
First post here from a Sac State fan...

As a Hornets follower, I say congrats if you get him...he appears to be beastly.

Sac State fans, don't pile on the guy. He tried to come to Sac, and unfortunately it didn't work out in the end. I was hyped on him as well. Does his father appear to be a bit overbearing? Probably, but don't slam the family without knowing the full story.

On the other hand, this could be a coup for Montana. You guys seem to have super success with DI transfers. Once again we lose to Montana on something. Although as we all know, just because the kid was a beast in high school means nothing until he gets out on to the field. At this level of football, I'd rather have someone who buys into the system and is a part of the team, rather than an individual.

It's gonna suck if he torches us though.

Welcome to eGriz StingersUp...

Kadeezy said:

Sounds to me like he'll be a Griz. We had a very good RB recently that had a very involved Dad that lived right here. It worked out fine. This kids Dad lives in California, I doubt he'll be any trouble.

The SacSt stuff doesn't bother me in the least. It's likely that after the kid got to SacSt, the UM option emerged and along with it the enlightenment of the two program's relative track records. The kid passed that IQ test. It would be nice if the weather was a little better this weekend, though.

Ronbo, how does it sound like he will be a GRIZ? Did I miss something or Did you hear something that we do not know? OR are you just being optimistic?

No the weather is perfect he just spoke to me and told me he loves the weather. He loved the weather in Utah also. Ryan said there were just more mountains in MT. Ryan will be the first one to go outside and throw a snowball. In Provo it is a Misdemeanor to throw a snowball I will guess that won't be a problem in MT.

Yep, Shaw last weekend when it was storming. Now McCord and Kessman this weekend. Hope the Coach is stressing what fun the winter activities are here. :dance:

mtgrizrule said:
Ronbo, how does it sound like he will be a GRIZ? Did I miss something or Did you hear something that we do not know? OR are you just being optimistic?

He was all set to go to a Big Sky school. That fell through and one of our Coaches goes and picks him up and brings him for a visit.

He'll be a Griz. I'll wager on it.

I'm pretty encouraged that he was willing to (apparently almost) sign up at Sac. St.

I mean, he has to like the Grizzlies better than Sac St. right?

No offense to our Sac St. friends, but really...doesn't he have to like us better?

ronbo said:
Yep, Shaw last weekend when it was storming. Now McCord and Kessman this weekend. Hope the Coach is stressing what fun the winter activities are here. :dance:

Cappucino tastes mighty fine on a cold wintry day. :thumb:

508549357_e84ccd124f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back