• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Reese Phillips Mint Interview

Dillon said:
Well my perspective on the whole Montana Mint thing. Some dudes got together some being Griz fans & some being cat fans & doing this podcast thing throughout the season. I assume they are not professional journalists nor pretend to be. I listened to there podcasts throughout the season & found them entertaining. Give them a freaking break!

Haha...right on! People bitch about having to pay for professional media (Skyline) and then bitch about how unprofessional the amateur media is.

PlayerRep said:
Fathergriz said:
What if they discussed it before they started recording and it was explained to Phillips it was more of a joke question due to how most of griz nation felt about Stitt? Just a thought but it seemed like it could have been talked about before recording started
I wondered the same thing. I thought Phillips answered the question well, perhaps because he was ready for it.
Have to say, I had the same thought. We know Reese is a sharp dude and quick on the uptake, so even a hint of warning before the recording started would have allowed him to arrange his thoughts before he had to make a "live" reply.

And here's a related notion: "Back in the day" I was interviewed on several occasions by pre-arrangement for TV or radio. Invariably, we spent at least a few minutes more or less chatting before the recorders started. (Sometimes it was a three-way with the camera operator, trying for the best angles.) Usually it was just getting into the flow, but many times the interviewer suggested some of the points he/she hoped to cover. (A few times the interviewer even asked me if there was some particular point I'd like to make.) Now this was almost all low-key stuff, since most times it involved a science fair we were running. But it would not surprise me if Reese's planned interview didn't have some of the same setup.

IdaGriz01 said:
PlayerRep said:
Fathergriz said:
What if they discussed it before they started recording and it was explained to Phillips it was more of a joke question due to how most of griz nation felt about Stitt? Just a thought but it seemed like it could have been talked about before recording started
I wondered the same thing. I thought Phillips answered the question well, perhaps because he was ready for it.
Have to say, I had the same thought. We know Reese is a sharp dude and quick on the uptake, so even a hint of warning before the recording started would have allowed him to arrange his thoughts before he had to make a "live" reply.

And here's a related notion: "Back in the day" I was interviewed on several occasions by pre-arrangement for TV or radio. Invariably, we spent at least a few minutes more or less chatting before the recorders started. (Sometimes it was a three-way with the camera operator, trying for the best angles.) Usually it was just getting into the flow, but many times the interviewer suggested some of the points he/she hoped to cover. (A few times the interviewer even asked me if there was some particular point I'd like to make.) Now this was almost all low-key stuff, since most times it involved a science fair we were running. But it would not surprise me if Reese's planned interview didn't have some of the same setup.

If I had a nickel . . .

Back