• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Recruiting tactics

Looks like MSU it getting teased a bit from folks in the twitter world

[tweet]https://twitter.com/7calebbrown22/status/829382915792343040[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/scottenyeart/status/829504497260994561[/tweet]

Looks to me MSU is doing a recruiting blitz of the pnw. Whether those kids sign or not, MSU getting lots of free advertising in a region where they trying to expand their footprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbtfg said:
Looks to me MSU is doing a recruiting blitz of the pnw. Whether those kids sign or not, MSU getting lots of free advertising in a region where they trying to expand their footprint.

Hopefully they don't get told to get their trick ass out of Washington.

wbtfg said:

Great spin. People out there are throwing shade on it. But whatever makes you feel good.

HookedonGriz said:
wbtfg said:

Great spin. People out there are throwing shade on it. But whatever makes you feel good.

Coming from the guy who spins everything positive for the Griz...

VimSince03 said:
Somehow I knew this page would turn into a "UM's recruiting strategy is better than MSU's strategy".

I don't think anyone can say which way is better right now but they are definitely different approaches.

dayday said:
VimSince03 said:
Somehow I knew this page would turn into a "UM's recruiting strategy is better than MSU's strategy".

I don't think anyone can say which way is better right now but they are definitely different approaches.

Exactly. Both approaches have their advantages and disadvantages.

According to their twitter, here are the players from Washington who have received offers from MSU:

Nash Fouch - 3-star Safety - Woodinville High School
Tre Weed - 3-star ATH - Sumner Senior High School
Jovan McConico - 3-star Safety - Garfield High School
Cole Ramseyer - 3-star TE - Coeur D'Alene High School (Basically Washington :roll: )
Daniel Arias - 3-star WR - Henry M Jackson High School
Jesiah Irish - 3-star WR - Mount Si High School
Malik Putney - 3-star Safety - Eastside Catholic High School
Anthony Stell - 3-star WR - Rainier Beach High School
Jarrell Anderson - 3-star TE - Bethel High School
Micah Smith - 3-star RB - Graham Kapowsin High School
Matthew Cindric - 3-star OT - Skyline High School

So it is 11 players from 11 different high schools around the state of Washington. What a shocker that they get an offer from a FCS school trying to get more players from a state that has been dominated by rival schools in their conference...

HookedonGriz said:
wbtfg said:

The way things are trending, I think Coach Choate offered more scholarships yesterday than the University of Montana will have in their entire freshman class next year.

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
wbtfg said:

...on a GRIZ MESSAGE BOARD. :lol:

SoldierGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
wbtfg said:

...on a GRIZ MESSAGE BOARD. :lol:

m7hw6.jpg

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
wbtfg said:

Ohhhh did little Vimmers get his wittle feelers hurt. Some advice then, stay on cat shit nation where everything is always butterflies and rainbows.

VimSince03 said:
dayday said:
VimSince03 said:

Exactly. Both approaches have their advantages and disadvantages.

According to their twitter, here are the players from Washington who have received offers from MSU:

Nash Fouch - 3-star Safety - Woodinville High School
Tre Weed - 3-star ATH - Sumner Senior High School
Jovan McConico - 3-star Safety - Garfield High School
Cole Ramseyer - 3-star TE - Coeur D'Alene High School (Basically Washington :roll: )
Daniel Arias - 3-star WR - Henry M Jackson High School
Jesiah Irish - 3-star WR - Mount Si High School
Malik Putney - 3-star Safety - Eastside Catholic High School
Anthony Stell - 3-star WR - Rainier Beach High School
Jarrell Anderson - 3-star TE - Bethel High School
Micah Smith - 3-star RB - Graham Kapowsin High School
Matthew Cindric - 3-star OT - Skyline High School

So it is 11 players from 11 different high schools around the state of Washington. What a shocker that they get an offer from a FCS school trying to get more players from a state that has been dominated by rival schools in their conference...

Looks like Choate Balls is going with the old fishing with dynamite approach.

HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
wbtfg said:

Ohhhh did little Vimmers get his wittle feelers hurt. Some advice then, stay on cat shit nation where everything is always butterflies and rainbows.

Feelings hurt? Please. Now based off your response, I think I may have struck a cord. For that, I am sorry. Feeling a little salty this morning...haven't had my coffee yet.

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Feelings hurt? Please.

Ignore him. You add more to this board, then most. Thanks for your insights.

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Feelings hurt? Please. Now based off your response, I think I may have struck a cord. For that, I am sorry. Feeling a little salty this morning...haven't had my coffee yet.

This being the home of the salty league, you've nothing to be sorry for. :lol:

So.....did MSU offer all of these kids without ever meeting them first? Would they have met them all on the recruiting trail this year? If they offered all of these kids based on a little tape, star ratings, coach recommendations, etc.. maybe all of these offers are more of a "statement" that MSU is going to have a heavy presence in WA. Seems wild that they would offer kids that they (any coaches) haven't met on a personal level at all.

Back