• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

QB competition

Given the title of this thread, it's over. There is no longer a QB competition. In fact Stitt said "Reese has always been the starter".

Unless you bastards start citing the information you share in your posts, I refuse to believe them or acknowledge them.

George Ferguson said:
Given the title of this thread, it's over. There is no longer a QB competition. In fact Stitt said "Reese has always been the starter".

I'm excited to see what he can do. His mobility should add to this offense. If he can cut down on the interceptions, he will be solid.

PlayerRep said:
reinell30 said:
Htowngriz said:
reinell30 said:
I want a multiple year QB as well, but right now I am going to settle for a big winning season 8-3, 9-2 and deep playoff run. I believe Jensen will be the guy to take the reins, sooner then later.

I really have no idea what's going to happen (like all of us), but what about Phillips or his performance so far makes you think Stitt is going to yank him in favor of Jensen?

Jensen is a Stitt recruit. If he (Stitt) is going to go down, he will do it with his man. Now if Phillips is stellar, Jensen will have to wait his turn, I think Jensen is the real deal. I believe as long as Phillips can do everything to almost perfection, Stitt stays with him, but a couple screw-ups (maybe quite a few) and Jensen will get the helm. I predicted by game four. But, I wish no bad for Phillips. I hope he is a crown jewel!

Phillips is also a Stitt recruit. My hope is that Phillips continues to gain confidence, and ends up having a terrific season.

I know Phillips and Hill are transfers under Stitt. Jensen was recruited out of high school by Stitt. IMO, a transfer and recruit are different...

reinell30 said:
PlayerRep said:
reinell30 said:
Htowngriz said:
I really have no idea what's going to happen (like all of us), but what about Phillips or his performance so far makes you think Stitt is going to yank him in favor of Jensen?

Jensen is a Stitt recruit. If he (Stitt) is going to go down, he will do it with his man. Now if Phillips is stellar, Jensen will have to wait his turn, I think Jensen is the real deal. I believe as long as Phillips can do everything to almost perfection, Stitt stays with him, but a couple screw-ups (maybe quite a few) and Jensen will get the helm. I predicted by game four. But, I wish no bad for Phillips. I hope he is a crown jewel!

Phillips is also a Stitt recruit. My hope is that Phillips continues to gain confidence, and ends up having a terrific season.

I know Phillips and Hill are transfers under Stitt. Jensen was recruited out of high school by Stitt. IMO, a transfer and recruit are different...

Yes, they are different, but why would a coach treat them any different in terms of competing for the starting job? That's the point. Wouldn't you think, in a very important year for Stitt, that he would want his best qb at the helm?

G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:
Huh? The Oregon coach from last season, who replaced a good senior qb who was playing fairly well early in the season, with a youngster, got fired. No one has to wait until this season to know that last year's coach got fired. What planet on you on?

His point was about developing players for the future. We won't know how the coaches plan worked until we see how he does the following season.

So, you think Stitt should play a younger qb, to develop him for the future (after the coach has been fired)? That's pretty funny. No coach in the world would plan to do that.

Please don't make things up that I never said.

Learn to read. I asked you a question. I didn't say you said that. Are you afraid to answer the question?

PlayerRep said:
reinell30 said:
PlayerRep said:
reinell30 said:

Yes, they are different, but why would a coach treat them any different in terms of competing for the starting job? That's the point. Wouldn't you think, in a very important year for Stitt, that he would want his best qb at the helm?

Best QB, (Phillips) at the helm is what I stated in my post until he screws up is what I said.

PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:
His point was about developing players for the future. We won't know how the coaches plan worked until we see how he does the following season.

So, you think Stitt should play a younger qb, to develop him for the future (after the coach has been fired)? That's pretty funny. No coach in the world would plan to do that.

Learn to read. I asked you a question. I didn't say you said that. Are you afraid to answer the question?
Haha, no. I've never said I thought that, so the question was just asinine.

G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:

You essentially endorsed what the Oregon coach did last year, i.e. opting to go with a frosh after 5 games instead of a senior who was doing fairly well. You said we'd have to see how Oregon did this year. My question was fine. Your response was asinine. Many of your posts are.

PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:

You essentially endorsed what the Oregon coach did last year, i.e. opting to go with a frosh after 5 games instead of a senior who was doing fairly well. You said we'd have to see how Oregon did this year. My question was fine. Your response was asinine. Many of your posts are.

But I didn't...

I admire Jensen and Hill, specially Hill, brought here with no chance of ever getting the job. Never getting the chance to run with the 1's as far as I know. What could he do?

PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:

Could you provide the quote where I endorsed what the Oregon coach did? Or are you too lazy to provide it? You're either too lazy to provide it or you are lying, which one?

fanofzoo said:
I admire Jensen and Hill, specially Hill, brought here with no chance of ever getting the job. Never getting the chance to run with the 1's as far as I know. What could he do?

I agree, but I have heard that they want Hills athletism on the field. Apparently there will be special "packages" to create some mismatches and keep DC's honest when facing us.

PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:

Playing the frosh over the senior was because the frosh was just a better QB. It wasn't a decision mid season to start developing the future QB, it was about playing the QB that gave them the best chance to win, and that was not the grad transfer senior.

ari gold said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:

Playing the frosh over the senior was because the frosh was just a better QB. It wasn't a decision mid season to start developing the future QB, it was about playing the QB that gave them the best chance to win, and that was not the grad transfer senior.

Maybe; maybe not. The season didn't improve after the change. From a 2-3 record with two very close losses, to 2-5. The frosh's first start was a 70-21 loss to UW, where qb threw for 179 yards and a pick. Prukop's stats were slightly better, in my view. Points per game average declined after the qb change. Coach got fired. Oregon picked 4th in its division pre-season, ahead of only Cal and Oregon St.

G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:

Could you provide the quote where I endorsed what the Oregon coach did? Or are you too lazy to provide it? You're either too lazy to provide it or you are lying, which one?

The term was "essentially endorsed".

Re: QB competition
Report this post
Quote

Post by G-BEARS » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:32 pm

PlayerRep wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:25 pm

i_the_sky wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:31 am
One of these years we should look ahead and play the talented youth and prepare him for next year instead playing the oldest player all the time, just because he is the oldest,it doesn't, always pay off....

PR: How did this work out for the Oregon coach last year?

You: We won't know until this season...

PlayerRep said:
ari gold said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:

Maybe; maybe not. The season didn't improve after the change. From a 2-3 record with two very close losses, to 2-5. The frosh's first start was a 70-21 loss to UW, where qb threw for 179 yards and a pick. Prukop's stats were slightly better, in my view. Points per game average declined after the qb change. Coach got fired. Oregon picked 4th in its division pre-season, ahead of only Cal and Oregon St.

It would have been worse with Prukop. Watched every game, attended a few too. Herbert is the real deal, at that was pretty evident in watching his play. Their defense was awful, and the coaches basically didn't have an answer for anything. Their schedule was significantly harder beginning with UW through the rest of the season. You'll hear Herbert's name on Sundays in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ari gold said:
PlayerRep said:
ari gold said:
PlayerRep said:

It would have been worse with Prukop. Watched every game, attended a few too. Herbert is the real deal, at that was pretty evident in watching his play. Their defense was awful, and the coaches basically didn't have an answer for anything. Their schedule was significantly harder beginning with UW through the rest of the season. You'll hear Herbert's name on Sundays in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I'd like to see this happen to any kid who chooses to play in this conference, I don't think so given what happened in Bozeangeles last year. Terrible work ethic the last few years.

Stitt has been going this since day one! The Sr. gets all the #1 reps AND he starts and plays hell or high water... The following year we have no one ready because no one has gotten a chance to play except the graduated Sr. That's D-11 mentality... You don't see Eastern Washington or North Dakota State doing this! "Go Figure" CS Mines? We are no longer the "CROWN JEWEL" OF THE FCS either " NUFF SAID" Hang in there boys...(2-3)

i_the_sky said:
Stitt has been going this since day one! The Sr. gets all the #1 reps and he starts and plays hell or high water... The following year we have no one ready because no one has gotten a chance to play except the graduated Sr. That's D-11 mentality... You don't see Eastern Washington or North Dakota State doing this! "Go Figure" CS Mines? We are no longer the "CROWN JEWEL" OF THE FCS either " NUFF SAID" Hang in there boys...(2-3)
[
i_the_sky said:
Stitt has been going this since day one! The Sr. gets all the #1 reps and he starts and plays hell or high water... The following year we have no one ready because no one has gotten a chance to play except the graduated Sr. That's D-11 mentality... You don't see Eastern Washington or North Dakota State doing this! "Go Figure=" CS Mines? We are no longer the "CROWN JEWEL" OF THE FCS either " NUFF SAID" Hang in there boys...(2-3)

Back