• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Portland State Predictions

Who wins?

• Montana (2-2)

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Portland State (0-3)

Votes: 30 32.3%
  • Bobcats Suck

Votes: 54 58.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Griz have not played well at PSU in recent history, especially two years ago when they were absolutely blown out in that downpour. This will be a big test following last week's collapse and should tell us much about the mental makeup of this team. A bad loss on Saturday could derail the season quickly, while a solid win puts this team back on track & possibly in position for a ranking.

With that said, I have no clue what to expect in this game. The "Road Griz" scare me no matter the opponent. Heres to hoping the offense can continue to make strides & the defense can play a complete game.

GRIZ - 41

Portland State - 31

An optimistic prediction: Griz 31-28
A pessimistic prediction: Viqueens 44-24
A realistic prediction: PSU 38-28

PSU has had two weeks to prepare, make adjustments to its passing game, and to give key defenders time to rest and recoup.

Griz take advantage of PSU's "rustiness" early, but due to no second-half adjustments, lose by 10.

As others have said griz struggle at PSU last few times. If Gresch cleans up his mid range and shorter throws and Griz can get decent running game they may slip out with a 28-24 win. If defense continues to struggle and offense sputters PSU wins 35-21. If would love to see Calhoun step up and rush for 100+ but something seems missing with him this year. Maybe Favors should get some touches?

Geez - who the HE** knows!!
I could see the Griz winning this by 20+. Then gain, Barny has two weeks to prepare, a team hungry for a win, playing at home, and the Griz lose by 20+. And not because of the offense, but because of the defense giving up lots of yards and points.

All I know is that this is a must win for the Griz if they want to have any chance at a shot at the title, possible playoffs and a fourth year for BS.

GO GRIZ!!!

grizeyes said:
I could see the Griz winning this by 20+. Then gain, Barny has two weeks to prepare, a team hungry for a win, playing at home, and the Griz lose by 20+. And not because of the offense, but because of the defense giving up lots of yards and points.

All I know is that this is a must win for the Griz if they want to have any chance at a shot at the title, possible playoffs and a fourth year for BS.

GO GRIZ!!!

I'm not sure it's really "home", being a HS stadium in the burbs. Maybe that's helpful to the Griz?

AZDoc said:
grizeyes said:

GO GRIZ!!!

I'm not sure it's really "home", being a HS stadium in the burbs. Maybe that's helpful to the Griz?

True, so let's hope it is!!

I have no idea of what to expect. Griz 35, PSU 21. Griz really need a good win here or it will get real ugly the rest of the way.

grizeyes said:
AZDoc said:
grizeyes said:

GO GRIZ!!!

Portland State has traditionally been a "home game" for the Griz as the Montana faithful tend to outnumber the small number of PSU fans that show up. @PSU is a neutral field at worst. At least from a numbers perspective

Here we go again. Same ol' Stitt again.. Mid season and it's.=We gotta win out or stay home. See a pattern continuing here? As much as I hate to admit it our D-II coaches have no chance of winning out and very little chance of getting the win vs. PSU this weekend!! It's time to pass the torch to a D-I coach. Rumor has it Bobby Hauck is looking at NAU where his son is playing, so they must must have screwed that up??? Haslam doesn't have the balls to fire Stitt and unless we get a good president in here immediately . Stitt is staying and the empty seats are increasing more and more each week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't give up on us Bobby!!!

i_the_sky said:
Here we go again. Same ol' Stitt again.. Mid season and it's.=We gotta win out or stay home. See a pattern continuing here? As much as I hate to admit it our D-II coaches have no chance of winning out and very little chance of getting the win vs. PSU this weekend!! It's time to pass the torch to a D-I coach. Rumor has it Bobby Hauck is looking at NAU where his son is playing, so they must must have screwed that up??? Haslam doesn't have the balls to fire Stitt and unless we get a good president in here immediately . Stitt is staying and the empty seats are increasing more and more each week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't give up on us Bobby!!!

Just like the number of exclamation points in my favorite Egrizzer's post above, Griz win by 24.

UM - 41
PSU - 17

i_the_sky said:

Slowly open the window and throw the crack pipe out... geez

grizeyes said:
AZDoc said:
grizeyes said:

GO GRIZ!!!

...griz fans returning late at the half...
...prepared the griz for a quiet...
...griz defense responds...

...37..32..griz...

... :cool: ...

Back