• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Player Discussion D-Line

AZGrizFan said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Diesel said:
One big change this year is Barry Sacks. He has D-line practicing as one unit. They should be playing better this year as that unit plays as one.

If the four man front is the main formation it seems reasonable Sims will see some inside snaps with the DE depth (Rodriguez, Favoroso, Sirmon, Rosling, Deming, Nelson, Maua, Alford).

Would also think Longoria plays D-line this year. He would be good in a three man front.

Pretty sure Longoria was moved to O-line

Wasn’t that a spring move just for depth purposes? Are we thinking that was a permanent move? Because he sure seems to be the heir apparent to Shaw...

I have no idea if it's permanent or not. We don't have a lot of depth on either line at this point...

Longoria was a third string guard in spring. With Sain, Anderson, Ganoug enrolling in the fall the depth issues for practices on the O-line should be shored up.

DT big body will be needed more when the season starts. That is why I think Longoria will be playing D-line. He is too deep on depth chart to play o-line.

How much depth is enough? And I’m not trying to be a smartass...serious question. I would agree on the offensive side, with only 10 active, but we have 14 D-linemen, not counting the ones coming in the incoming class...apparently Bobby’s not too worried about the #’s, since he moved one of the 14 to the Offensive side and only has two incoming D-linemen...

I realize the gogriz.com roster isn’t the be-all, end-all, but it still lists Longoria as a DL...course it also still lists Vika as a LB, Cirmon as a LB, Hill as a QB and several other players that we believe have switched positions in their old positions.

AZGrizFan said:
I realize the gogriz.com roster isn’t the be-all, end-all, but it still lists Longoria as a DL...course it also still lists Vika as a LB, Cirmon as a LB, Hill as a QB and several other players that we believe have switched positions in their old positions.

The spring roster was the most current one available, but I doubt that one stays permanent. That is consistent with the reps in the spring. Just because coaches are getting looks at players at different positions does not guarantee that is where the will be playing.

Diesel said:
AZGrizFan said:

The spring roster was the most current one available, but I doubt that one stays permanent. That is consistent with the reps in the spring. Just because coaches are getting looks at players at different positions does not guarantee that is where the will be playing.

True. But I mean it’s pretty obvious Hill isn’t gong to be a QB on this team, yet he’s still listed as one.

Maybe they are waiting for him to be listed as TE so when Sneed and Jensen go down he can get a start at QB. That never happens. Ha. Ha...

Back