• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pflugrad

Sam A. Blitz said:
Fushiznitz said:
I know everyone says it will never happen, but I believe it could; but only with the backing of the major donors. I recall my freshman year, when Dennison took over for Koch- the first thing he did was inform the athletic department (football team in particular) that they were facing major budgetary cuts, because UM was going to be academia first. If my memory serves, he was singing a different tune within about 48 hours after many, major, donors threatened to pull all financial support.

Now, take that with a grain of salt, as it was 30 years ago.

The day that boosters influence coaching hires or personnel changes with their checkbooks, would be the day that I would withdraw my support for the program.

The day that boosters don't influence coaching hires or personnel changes with their checkbooks, would be the day that they withdraw their support for the program. I wonder which voice will be heard.

CDAGRIZ said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Fushiznitz said:
I know everyone says it will never happen, but I believe it could; but only with the backing of the major donors. I recall my freshman year, when Dennison took over for Koch- the first thing he did was inform the athletic department (football team in particular) that they were facing major budgetary cuts, because UM was going to be academia first. If my memory serves, he was singing a different tune within about 48 hours after many, major, donors threatened to pull all financial support.

Now, take that with a grain of salt, as it was 30 years ago.

The day that boosters influence coaching hires or personnel changes with their checkbooks, would be the day that I would withdraw my support for the program.

The day that boosters don't influence coaching hires or personnel changes with their checkbooks, would be the day that they withdraw their support for the program. I wonder which voice will be heard.

:lol:

HelenaHandBasket said:
kemajic said:
RABIDAWG said:
Redemption in Zootown would be firing Haslam & getting O'Day and Pflu back. :cool:
The only mistake I have seen from Haslam was his hiring of Stitt in favor of some very good candidates. He has done a wealth of other good things and deserves more than one mistake. Retaining Stitt if things keep going this direction would be a bigger mistake.

Just curious Kem, but would you list these very good candidates?
Well I'm not going to do the research to report the complete list, but everyone other than Stitt had significant DI experience. It started with Bobby Hauck and Brent Pease, knock yourself out on the others.

kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
kemajic said:
RABIDAWG said:
Redemption in Zootown would be firing Haslam & getting O'Day and Pflu back. :cool:
The only mistake I have seen from Haslam was his hiring of Stitt in favor of some very good candidates. He has done a wealth of other good things and deserves more than one mistake. Retaining Stitt if things keep going this direction would be a bigger mistake.

Well I'm not going to do the research to report the complete list, but everyone other than Stitt had significant DI experience. It started with Bobby Hauck and Brent Pease, knock yourself out on the others.

Pretty sure I will be in the minority, especially with how things have gone, but I am not upset that Stitt was hired over either Hauck or Pease. The guy I liked probably didn't have a chance with his baggage.

HelenaHandBasket said:
kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
kemajic said:

Pretty sure I will be in the minority, especially with how things have gone, but I am not upset that Stitt was hired over either Hauck or Pease. The guy I liked probably didn't have a chance with his baggage.

Pease is a bigger asshole that Hauck. Really glad he isn't the coach here.

GrizRealist said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Pease is a bigger asshole that Hauck. Really glad he isn't the coach here.
Yup; neither he nor Hauck would tolerate the drops, the kind of defense disorganization and ST play we have been watching. The asshole would have come out in either of them. The guy with the green hat is tolerant; relative to what he saw in DII, it's OK. With you, too, it appears. Losing 5 of 6 BSC games and 5 of 6 road games would have had fireworks with either Hauck or Pease. Pflugrad would have done something about it as well.

Back