• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next #37

Who's going to wear 37 next year?

• Josh Sandry

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Jesse Sims

Votes: 60 63.8%
  • Someone else

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Bobcats suck

Votes: 51 54.3%

• Total voters
go96griz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
IF Robby Hauck comes in and shines in spring camp, I feel he should be named the next 37.

That would return the original tradition of handing it down to the best young Montana defensive player! The kid competed at a very high level of HS football, and still racked up 170 tackles his SR year alone. Read that again people. He was a four-time team MVP. Read that again people. He will undoubtedly be the best defender from Montana over his time. And to those that say he wasn't born here? So what. No where does it say you have to be born here. He lived formative years here. He has more roots here than a 100 year old tree in the Bitteroot has. He is Montana thru and thru, and more so than a lot of Griz fans. And certainly will be a standout player! He would be the most exciting 37 to watch, flying around racking up 170 tackles. :thumb: :clap:

Robby didn't graduate from a Montana school nor did he play high school football in Montana at all. I don't even believe he was born in Montana. To me, those appear to be strong prerequisites for becoming #37 based on prior recipients. I will give you this, despite those other facts Robby is Montanan through and through.

so through and through that he chose nau out of high school(bqm)

argh! said:
go96griz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
IF Robby Hauck comes in and shines in spring camp, I feel he should be named the next 37.

That would return the original tradition of handing it down to the best young Montana defensive player! The kid competed at a very high level of HS football, and still racked up 170 tackles his SR year alone. Read that again people. He was a four-time team MVP. Read that again people. He will undoubtedly be the best defender from Montana over his time. And to those that say he wasn't born here? So what. No where does it say you have to be born here. He lived formative years here. He has more roots here than a 100 year old tree in the Bitteroot has. He is Montana thru and thru, and more so than a lot of Griz fans. And certainly will be a standout player! He would be the most exciting 37 to watch, flying around racking up 170 tackles. :thumb: :clap:

Robby didn't graduate from a Montana school nor did he play high school football in Montana at all. I don't even believe he was born in Montana. To me, those appear to be strong prerequisites for becoming #37 based on prior recipients. I will give you this, despite those other facts Robby is Montanan through and through.

Can you validate the offer he had from Montana?

Everyone keeps assuming that Robbie will be cleared to play by the NCAA this upcoming season. As far as I know, and Bobby stated so on Feb. signing day, that has not been decided.

Both Sandry and Sims are really well deserving guys for it. It's been in the D-line family for a little while now with the last 3 in a row being D-line and 7 of the last 9 being D-line guys. I voted for Sims just by playing the odds.

kemajic said:
argh! said:
go96griz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

on the surface a good question, and no, other than a narrative someone gave on egriz about stitt's home visit, which seemed to indicate an offer.

under the surface, can you validate that he wasn't(bqm)

argh! said:
kemajic said:
argh! said:
go96griz said:

on the surface a good question, and no, other than a narrative someone gave on egriz about stitt's home visit, which seemed to indicate an offer.

under the surface, can you validate that he wasn't(bqm)
Nope.

BWahlberg said:
Both Sandry and Sims are really well deserving guys for it. It's been in the D-line family for a little while now with the last 3 in a row being D-line and 7 of the last 9 being D-line guys. I voted for Sims just by playing the odds.

Kind of the same logic I used in voting for Sims.

I think it's a an unfair question until the new recruits get a chance to show what they can bring. Case in oint Robby Hauck! He is good enough and deserves a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Griz!

I think it's a an unfair question until the new recruits get a chance to show what they can bring. Case in oint Robby Hauck! He is good enough and deserves a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Griz!

i_the_sky said:
Robby Hauck is not from Montana.

The #37 jersey can only be handed down to a native Montanan.

Do you see the problem here?

I'm hopeful Sandry can come into this fall healthy. He was never close to 100% last year. He could be a very good safety for us this year.

Saying that, I voted for Sims. He has the ability to be one of the better DL in the FCS this year.

HookedonGriz said:
Word on the street is Sims. I think the half time surprise tomorrow may be the passing down.

I think the 37 number will be presented at halftime. I kind of agree it seems like the initial thought is Sims. Both are worth in my opinion.

MTGRZ said:
HookedonGriz said:
Word on the street is Sims. I think the half time surprise tomorrow may be the passing down.

I think the 37 number will be presented at halftime. I kind of agree it seems like the initial thought is Sims. Both are worth in my opinion.

Why would they do it at halftime? No one will be there to see it.

alabamagrizzly said:
MTGRZ said:
HookedonGriz said:

agree ,,,,that is one thing that is certain .......

You can't go wrong with Sandry or Sims. Both would do the number proud. I believe the number stays on the d-line.

alabamagrizzly said:
MTGRZ said:
HookedonGriz said:

Just curious - how have they done this in the past?

bgbigdog said:
alabamagrizzly said:
MTGRZ said:
HookedonGriz said:

It is up to the owner of 37 to decide. I believe the last handoff was presented as a Xmas gift.

HelenaHandBasket said:
bgbigdog said:
alabamagrizzly said:
MTGRZ said:

It is up to the owner of 37 to decide. I believe the last handoff was presented as a Xmas gift.

That being the case, I’d think making it a bigger deal would be ok. They printed it on the field, must be some kind of big deal.

Back