• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next #37

Who's going to wear 37 next year?

• Josh Sandry

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Jesse Sims

Votes: 60 63.8%
  • Someone else

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Bobcats suck

Votes: 51 54.3%

• Total voters
VimSince03 said:
i_the_sky said:
To rule anyone out,at this time, such as (Robby Hauck) is ridiculous! At the proper time the current #37 will have all the information he needs to pass the number on to whom "HE" feels is most deserving! If that is Robby, than GREAT! Too many people have their noses into something it doesn't belong! I personally believe Bobby's son would be a great ambassador for the number! The film I have watched, on him, shows a very, very good football player and we are lucky to have him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TS will do the right thing. Go Griz!

He didn't graduate from a Montana high school or ever play football in Montana. If he gets the number, then the tradition is lost in my opinion. I may be a Bobcat fan but the #37 tradition is one of the best in Montana sports. Just because he's Bobby's son and was born in Montana doesn't make him an in-state product.

I am not sure he was even in born in Montana to qualify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
VimSince03 said:
i_the_sky said:
To rule anyone out,at this time, such as (Robby Hauck) is ridiculous! At the proper time the current #37 will have all the information he needs to pass the number on to whom "HE" feels is most deserving! If that is Robby, than GREAT! Too many people have their noses into something it doesn't belong! I personally believe Bobby's son would be a great ambassador for the number! The film I have watched, on him, shows a very, very good football player and we are lucky to have him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TS will do the right thing. Go Griz!

He didn't graduate from a Montana high school or ever play football in Montana. If he gets the number, then the tradition is lost in my opinion. I may be a Bobcat fan but the #37 tradition is one of the best in Montana sports. Just because he's Bobby's son and was born in Montana doesn't make him an in-state product.

I am not sure he was even in born in Montana to qualify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure he wasn't born in Montana. I think it was Seattle, or possibly Colorado.

http://gogriz.com/sports/2017/7/12/37-tradition.aspx?path=football
Grizzly football jersey #37 began its legacy in 1983.
Griz fullback and Plentywood native Kraig Paulson began the tradition of passing #37 on to a younger player who hailed from the state of Montana.
Paulson was known for his hard-nosed play and workman mentality. So the tradition began.
Number 37 has come to represent the Spirit of Montana… hard work, dedication to the team, and tough play on the gridiron.
. . . from the way it reads . . . Robby would be a San Diego high school product.

VimSince03 said:
i_the_sky said:

First of all, I have indisputable evidence that Robby Hauck was born in Kenia.

Secondly, his father has already said that he and Tucker have been in meetings and have "a special plan" concerning the #37. Relax folks.

daGrizJ said:
First of all, I have indisputable evidence that Robby Hauck was born in Kenia.

Secondly, his father has already said that he and Tucker have been in meetings and have "a special plan" concerning the #37. Relax folks.

Oh I'm relaxed, just nothing to talk about this time of year! :thumb:

Nope.

Plentywood
Big timber
Butte
Helena
Helena
Anaconda
Fort Benton
Deer lodge
East Helena
Missoula
Missoula
Helena
Malta

I, like a lot of us, would like to see the tradition return it's original glory where the jersey is being passed to a YOUNG (Rs-FR, Rs-SO) Montana defensive player that shows he is kick ass! Non of this 1 or 2 year BS :!:

Kraig Paulson.......RB.....Plentywood.....1983–1986
Tim Hauck...........DB.....Big Timber......1987–1989
Todd Ericson........DB.....Butte.............1990–1993
Jason Crebo.........LB.....Helena...........1994–1997
Andy Petek..........DE.....Helena...........1998–2000
Ciche Pitcher........DE.....Anaconda........2001–2003
Loren Utterback....LB.....Fort Benton.....2004–2007
Carson Bender,,,,,.DT.....Deer Lodge......2008–2010

Ryan Fetherston....DE.....East Helena.....2011
Jordan Tripp.........LB.....Missoula.........2012–2013
Zack Wagenmann...DE.....Missoula.........2014
Caleb Kidder.........DT.....Helena..........2015–2016
Tucker Schye........DE......Malta............2017–present

IF Robby Hauck comes in and shines in spring camp, I feel he should be named the next 37.

That would return the original tradition of handing it down to the best young Montana defensive player! The kid competed at a very high level of HS football, and still racked up 170 tackles his SR year alone. Read that again people. He was a four-time team MVP. Read that again people. He will undoubtedly be the best defender from Montana over his time. And to those that say he wasn't born here? So what. No where does it say you have to be born here. He lived formative years here. He has more roots here than a 100 year old tree in the Bitteroot has. He is Montana thru and thru, and more so than a lot of Griz fans. And certainly will be a standout player! He would be the most exciting 37 to watch, flying around racking up 170 tackles. :thumb: :clap:

IntuitiveGriz said:
IF Robby Hauck comes in and shines in spring camp, I feel he should be named the next 37.

That would return the original tradition of handing it down to the best young Montana defensive player! The kid competed at a very high level of HS football, and still racked up 170 tackles his SR year alone. Read that again people. He was a four-time team MVP. Read that again people. He will undoubtedly be the best defender from Montana over his time. And to those that say he wasn't born here? So what. No where does it say you have to be born here. He lived formative years here. He has more roots here than a 100 year old tree in the Bitteroot has. He is Montana thru and thru, and more so than a lot of Griz fans. And certainly will be a standout player! He would be the most exciting 37 to watch, flying around racking up 170 tackles. :thumb: :clap:

Robby didn't graduate from a Montana school nor did he play high school football in Montana at all. I don't even believe he was born in Montana. To me, those appear to be strong prerequisites for becoming #37 based on prior recipients. I will give you this, despite those other facts Robby is Montanan through and through.

Allezchat said:
Have you ever had a #37 that was a transfer before?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, pretty sure Tim Hauck transferred from Pacific Luthern University.

go96griz said:
Allezchat said:

Nope, Tim didn't transfer from PLU. It was from some small college in Oregon, the name of which escapes me at the moment

garizzalies said:
Huh. Cool, 96. Did not know that or that Pacific has/had a FB team
PLU has won national championships in football under coach Frosty Westering. They were an NCAA-III powerhouse in the 90's.

Jace Lewis would be a good fit. He is a RS Sophomore and was born and raised in Townsend. He was a ball hawk on special seams and when he got playing time on defense last year. Looks like he could be a big contributor the next few years.

'68griz said:
go96griz said:
Allezchat said:

Nope, Tim didn't transfer from PLU. It was from some small college in Oregon, the name of which escapes me at the moment

I jumbled it in my head.

From Tim's old UNLV bio:

A two-time First Team All-American (1988-89), Hauck played safety at Montana for three seasons after originally starting his college career at Pacific University in Oregon. He was voted the Big Sky Conference's defensive MVP as both a junior and a senior.

debellatio said:
Jace Lewis would be a good fit. He is a RS Sophomore and was born and raised in Townsend. He was a ball hawk on special seams and when he got playing time on defense last year. Looks like he could be a big contributor the next few years.

Good call. :thumb:

Back