• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

News Story about Haslems decision

T. Hillesland
T. Hillesland
@terran05
·
52m
So now that Griz have missed playoffs 2 years in a row now, are we going shopping for a new coach or are we sticking with mediocrity another year? #BringHauckBack

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
So when are we likely to hear a decision?

One would hope we know by Monday or least by early Tuesday one way or the other. Haslam does not have the luxury of sitting on a decision. That will hurt the team with the early recruiting season.

dayday said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

One would hope we know by Monday or least by early Tuesday one way or the other. Haslam does not have the luxury of sitting on a decision. That will hurt the team with the early recruiting season.

...l thought Haslem renewed Stitt contract for 2 more years..if he hasn't he really needs to think this
thru..this will affect the program for years..I think we need to cut our loses and move on and get the
process moving for a new hire!

grizghost said:
dayday said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

...l thought Haslem renewed Stitt contract for 2 more years..if he hasn't he really needs to think this
thru..this will affect the program for years..I think we need to cut our loses and move on and get the
process moving for a new hire!

Well rumor on here that’s the case but I usually like to wait to see something confirmed. If that is true Haslem should just come out with a statement so everyone can move forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kemajic said:
behappp said:
sdk.catfish said:
I understand finding a quality new coach will be hard work but it isn't going to get any easier next year and it isn't like we really have the pick of the litter right now. Actually in looking at that last sentence we just might have the "pick of the Kitty Litter". And pretty soon, my guess starting this year, some of those verbalized recruits are going to change their minds.

I think we could have the pick of the litter. We have a beautiful new Champions Center. We still have a large fan base. We have some quality recruits that a new coach would be wise to get a hold of right away and try and keep their commitment.
There is lots of room for growth and success with this team, under a coach that has proven he knows how to win. Wait too long and I believe the fan base will start to give up on the team. Recruits may too. He who hesitates is lost.
It is already happening with attendance and with GSA income, both down substantially. It will get worse without changes. Wait 'til next year" isn't flying with the faithful.

I agree. At MacGregor's in San Diego, I watched the game with a younger UM Grad who told me his parents always used to come over from Billings to the games but had stopped because the Griz weren't very good.It was in the middle of the game and I told him that the Griz had improved and had played quite well at home. But then they laid the egg and how could I defend that? You could call them fair weather fans (and they probably are) but a large number of fans travel long distance to see a championship quality team. Once you lose that reputation it is hard to bring back.

If NDSU hired a new coach and he had a record like Stitt's do you think he would get a contract renewal? Or deserve one?

http://missoulian.com/406mtsports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/haslam-decision-on-stitt-s-future-could-come-as-soon/article_00ab6dcb-21d5-5a49-95ab-9230ac891eff.html#tracking-source=home-featured

Paytonlives said:
bigkid said:
What a nightmare. Bob Stitt rides into Missoula with a load of shit, sells it, and makes it smell good.
In the meantime the cats begin a period of dominance, increase its fan base, and make it look easy.
Being at the game the two sidelines look completely different. cats are fired up and ready to get er done. Grizzly sidelines looks subdued and robotic. I guess we’ll just have to wait for msu to win 16 straight before someone wakes us the f### up. :twisted:

They have 3 straight losing seasons...

Hey hey hey! Those are quality losses, bro.

Ursus1 said:
Thanks Colt for stepping up amongst former players who believe there is a problem and hopefully such things carry weight as they should ....sugar coaters do want to attack him for his opinions or since he us a former player he is allowed to have that opinion and is not just a whiner ?
Well, he doesn't think Stitt should be fired, only Semore, so...where do you all stand in agreeing with him now?

https://twitter.com/coltpalmer/status/932006919870464000

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

grzz said:
Ursus1 said:
Thanks Colt for stepping up amongst former players who believe there is a problem and hopefully such things carry weight as they should ....sugar coaters do want to attack him for his opinions or since he us a former player he is allowed to have that opinion and is not just a whiner ?
Well, he doesn't think Stitt should be fired, only Semore, so...where do you all stand in agreeing with him now?

https://twitter.com/coltpalmer/status/932006919870464000

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I commented give Stitt a year, get rid of Semore in Paytons poll......

After reading the latest article, I don't think Haslam is committed to Stitt just yet. I believe there will be one big change to come this week. It might be Stitt who is gone, or Semore. I just don't think Haslam will bring both back. If he felt confident that Stitt would let Semore go, he would have already come out and told us about a new contract for Stitt. By not saying anything, I believe he is waiting to see if Stitt will take a 2 year deal WITHOUT Semore. Probalby up to Stitt now.

Back