• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana hosts four potential mid-year transfers on official visits

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Would someone just list the four? Is that asking too much?

Sneed
Gavin Robertson (AZ drop down safety/LB)
Hauck
Eastwood (sdsu drop down full back)

Robertson is the only one where it is a recruiting visit. The others are locked and sealed done deals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Sneed
Hauck

Thank you, I was beginning to think that the threads Colter starts are only for advertising purposes only and not fan forum discussions.
You think ?

jcu27 said:
grzz said:
jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
3 of those 4 have already committed. Are those really the four mentioned in the article? If so, that’s pretty weak sauce...

lol yeah... charge people to pay for news they already know about. Cool story bro
Holy shit.

They're here this weekend on their official visits. He reported on it. Believe it or not they have readers that don't follow egriz.

Don't click it if you don't like their model, and hit the ignore/block button so you never see Colter's posts if it bothers you so.

Jesus the whining by a few of you about this Montana grad trying to start and maintain a business is getting old.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Maybe if he reported real stories or had some information that isn't public knowledge. That should of been a free read. You got to pick and choose what stories you are going to charge for. Like maybe a story with some actual news. Not old news. It's about integrity which he apparently has none.

Confirmed these visits with people directly connected to the football program, which I believe is news. People posting coaches follow Gavin Robertson on twitter and me reporting he is in town on an official visit while he chooses between Montana and Montana State is much different, in my opinion.

We reported Stitt firing first, Hauck hiring first and the hiring of every single one of Hauck’s assistants before they were announced by the school. That seems newsworthy.

We write these stories in hopes you subscribe, sure. But we also have a subscriber base, most of whom are subscribed for 6 months or a year so we write content as much as possible to satisfy their subscriptions.

I’d prefer it if a mod could just make a Skyline thread I could post in so it doesn’t seem like spam. Otherwise, If you all hate it so much, I’ll stop posting here. As an online outlet, our method of delivery is all electronic. Twitter, Facebook and message boards. I simply post stories to let people know there is new content available. But it seems to be a huge issue and when I report news or confirm scuttle from this board, it just turns into ripping us. If you like our content, we’d love your support. Thanks to those who do understand what we are trying to do and read our content. It’s much appreciated.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
jcu27 said:
grzz said:
jcu27 said:
lol yeah... charge people to pay for news they already know about. Cool story bro
Holy shit.

They're here this weekend on their official visits. He reported on it. Believe it or not they have readers that don't follow egriz.

Don't click it if you don't like their model, and hit the ignore/block button so you never see Colter's posts if it bothers you so.

Jesus the whining by a few of you about this Montana grad trying to start and maintain a business is getting old.

Maybe if he reported real stories or had some information that isn't public knowledge. That should of been a free read. You got to pick and choose what stories you are going to charge for. Like maybe a story with some actual news. Not old news. It's about integrity which he apparently has none.

Confirmed these visits with people directly connected to the football program, which I believe is news. People posting coaches follow Gavin Robertson on twitter and me reporting he is in town on an official visit while he chooses between Montana and Montana State is much different, in my opinion.

We reported Stitt firing first, Hauck hiring first and the hiring of every single one of Hauck’s assistants before they were announced by the school. That seems newsworthy.

We write these stories in hopes you subscribe, sure. But we also have a subscriber base, most of whom are subscribed for 6 months or a year so we write content as much as possible to satisfy their subscriptions.

I’d prefer it if a mod could just make a Skyline thread I could post in so it doesn’t seem like spam. Otherwise, If you all hate it so much, I’ll stop posting here. As an online outlet, our method of delivery is all electronic. Twitter, Facebook and message boards. I simply post stories to let people know there is new content available. But it seems to be a huge issue and when I report news or confirm scuttle from this board, it just turns into ripping us. If you like our content, we’d love your support. Thanks to those who do understand what we are trying to do and read our content. It’s much appreciated.
The only issue is you get me amped up for a story and then you poop on me. You guys have done well with reporting the fire/hire but kind of lacking on the recruiting part of things. In my opinion anyways.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
jcu27 said:
grzz said:
jcu27 said:
Holy shit.

Have you talked with Chris? I don't see why they wouldn't pin a topic for you. Maybe even come to some sort of an agreement and or arrangement. Figure it out boss.

jcu27 said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
jcu27 said:
grzz said:
Holy shit.

The only issue is you get me amped up for a story and then you poop on me. You guys have done well with reporting the fire/hire but kind of lacking on the recruiting part of things. In my opinion anyways.

I can’t make up information. The kids who are here are the kids who are here this weekend. If that doesn’t excite you, not sure what to tell you.

What in recruiting are we lacking in your opinion? We have written stories on every committed and signed recruit who has responded to interview requests. This is the first weekend of official visits and we have the information. We are happy to work toward anything else you think is necessary. Thanks for the feedback!

dayday said:
HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Sneed
Hauck

Robertson is the only one where it is a recruiting visit. The others are locked and sealed done deals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct that is why I listed them as they have been previously discussed at length.

Colter, I would venture to say 90% on here like and appreciate what you are doing, the effort you are giving, and the content you are providing. Like anything in life, the 10% who don't like it are going to be loudest ( squeaky wheel gets the grease mentality). Please, for the sake of the majority, keep doing exactly what you're doing. Thank you!

Skyline’s articles are great. The work you guys do is so much better than any other outlet covering the Griz.

This article was a little disappointing, but only because I was hoping it was three other potential transfers we hadn’t heard of yet. Call it a symptom of your success at breaking news. lol

But really, as Colter said, those are the four that are here, and it’s not his fault that we expected others who aren’t here.

Keep up the great work, and don’t let people get you down.

grzz said:
jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Sneed
Hauck

3 of those 4 have already committed. Are those really the four mentioned in the article? If so, that’s pretty weak sauce...

Holy shit.

I’m with grzz on this one. Just treat a Skyline link as you would a ROAM link on this page if you are too cheap to subscribe. And to me it isn’t relevant whether Skyline pays Chris or not. It’s called a professional courtesy and good business(wo)men do it all the time.

I especially enjoy reports of who is in town on visits. Colter you are doing a great job. We are lucky to have Colter and Skyline provide this kind of access, as opposed to the non stop string of rumors posted on e-Griz. Thanks for the hard work colter.

Jaredkuehn said:
grzz said:
jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Holy shit.

No kidding. WTF is wrong with some of you people? Last year people complained that Skyline didn’t report enough on the Griz. They have stepped their Griz coverage but now people are bitching about the coverage? If you don’t like it, don’t consume it. Like grzz said, you can ignore Colter if you don’t want to see his posts. Simple solution and saves the rest of us from having to read your bitchy posts.

Sorry if I came across as unappreciative. Just was really hoping it was four NEW guys we didn’t know about, not three that have already literally signed their LOI’s....

grzz said:
jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Sneed
Hauck

Holy shit.

:clap: :clap:

My problem with the whole Skyline Sports posting on Egriz is that Egriz is a fan forum where fans go to obtain news or information regarding the Griz. It now seems as though it is just a place to find links to where you can go find the news, but have to pay for it. While I do appreciate what Skyline Sports does and I actually did subscribe for a while, I don't think that Skyline Sports should be allowed to post their news links and then expect that no one is going to discuss or expose what is on their pay site.

This is a forum where people should be able to go and talk about what news they read or heard about. Instead, it seems that everyone is afraid to talk about what Skyline is reporting. In my opinion, if Skyline posts a link on Egriz, the news they are reporting on, becomes public information. Not saying that the story itself should be made public, but people should be able to discuss the information within the story.

GrizzleMoose said:
My problem with the whole Skyline Sports posting on Egriz is that Egriz is a fan forum where fans go to obtain news or information regarding the Griz. It now seems as though it is just a place to find links to where you can go find the news, but have to pay for it. While I do appreciate what Skyline Sports does and I actually did subscribe for a while, I don't think that Skyline Sports should be allowed to post their news links and then expect that no one is going to discuss or expose what is on their pay site.

This is a forum where people should be able to go and talk about what news they read or heard about. Instead, it seems that everyone is afraid to talk about what Skyline is reporting. In my opinion, if Skyline posts a link on Egriz, the news they are reporting on, becomes public information. Not saying that the story itself should be made public, but people should be able to discuss the information within the story.

:clap: :clap:

Seems to me anything they "print" can be mentioned here (perhaps a courtesy "as reported by Skyline" could be added ). Missoulian costs money....but whatever they print people have no issue repeating info, so why not?

GrizzleMoose said:

I don't think anyone is saying that you can't discuss what is in their stories. What you shouldn't do, though, is copy and paste stories verbatim without their permission. Not saying that you do that, just that we (or anyone, for that matter) should respect their copyrighted information by not just copying it and pasting it everywhere for free. They have a right to make a living, and put good time and effort into coming up with the information they provide.

Back