• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Love me some Stitt

Post by Stop_HammerTime69 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:14 am

Am I the only one that likes the idea of a "crazy" offense? Something fastpaced and innovative that differs from the rest of the league.

I could give a rat's ass if it differs from the rest of the league. What good is fastpaced and innovative if we are mired in the middle of the BSC pack. Three and out is quite fast paced but I don't like that at all. I like a Griz offense that wins football games. This will be the year when we find out if that happens. Otherwise we are likely to see a new offensive scheme next year.

sdk.catfish said:
Post by Stop_HammerTime69 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:14 am

Am I the only one that likes the idea of a "crazy" offense? Something fastpaced and innovative that differs from the rest of the league.

I could give a rat's ass if it differs from the rest of the league. What good is fastpaced and innovative if we are mired in the middle of the BSC pack. Three and out is quite fast paced but I don't like that at all. I like a Griz offense that wins football games. This will be the year when we find out if that happens. Otherwise we are likely to see a new offensive scheme next year.

North Dakota State's offense isn't innovative and that seems to be working

The problem with "believing in the system" or "trusting the process" is that it is so highly dependent upon a truly gifted QB which we have not seen yet, and I'm skeptical there will be one this year.

garizzalies said:
The problem with "believing in the system" or "trusting the process" is that it is so highly dependent upon a truly gifted QB which we have not seen yet, and I'm skeptical there will be one this year.
It's not going to take Tom Brady. It'll just take a better QB than we've had so far.

Or even consider this. If the defense can keep every team we face under 30 points, and the weaker ones under 20.......will it really take a phenom at QB?

There's multiple pieces that we need. Defense, offensive line, quality running backs......if we have all that, our QB's job is going to be a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garizzalies said:

You get it, and I've made that exact comment several times on here.

If Stitt's "Process" is going to lead you to the promised land, why didn't his "Trust The Process" plan at CSOM never lead to a championship caliber team, even at the DII level? Things that make you go "Hmmmmm". And you can bash me all you want but I always questioned the same types of things at MSU whether we're talking about Choate, Ash, Kramer, etc.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:

If Stitt's "Process" is going to lead you to the promised land, why didn't his "Trust The Process" plan at CSOM never lead to a championship caliber team, even at the DII level? Things that make you go "Hmmmmm". And you can bash me all you want but I always questioned the same types of things at MSU whether we're talking about Choate, Ash, Kramer, etc.
So you must be pretty confident the Griz will fail. Everything is rosy in Bozo.

I work with multiple people from CSM, one of which played for Stitt on defense. I met Stitt's previous administrative assistant at a bar about 2 years back, and I've got multiple pals who played football in the RMAC. My optimism towards Stitt is based off of the fact that all these people have told me the same thing. That 1) Stitt was a great guy, genuine towards everyone. 2) intensely focused and driven. And 3) when I told each one of them I was a Griz fan, they all said that we got a gem. The administrative assistant gal was pretty involved in recruiting, she said that academics were at the forefront of everything at mines, and Stitt applied that to recruiting. The players that I know said that even though most other teams in the RMAC were bigger, faster, and deeper....CSM was always one of the toughest teams to defend. (Side note, a good pal of mine was a starting MLB for a RMAC school, said that CSM always had some "crazy ass white dudes that could catch anything").

I don't think we're falling into an Ash-era at all. I think it's the opposite.

Can't wait for this season to start.

garizzalies said:

So, what we need is a "system" where you win with mediocre players? I think changing players is a much quicker route to success than changing systems. Get enough of the right players and you probably win with any system. And they may already be in the recruiting pipeline, even if this year may not produce a big breakout.

brewskis said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:

So you must be pretty confident the Griz will fail. Everything is rosy in Bozo.

I work with multiple people from CSM, one of which played for Stitt on defense. I met Stitt's previous administrative assistant at a bar about 2 years back, and I've got multiple pals who played football in the RMAC. My optimism towards Stitt is based off of the fact that all these people have told me the same thing. That 1) Stitt was a great guy, genuine towards everyone. 2) intensely focused and driven. And 3) when I told each one of them I was a Griz fan, they all said that we got a gem. The administrative assistant gal was pretty involved in recruiting, she said that academics were at the forefront of everything at mines, and Stitt applied that to recruiting. The players that I know said that even though most other teams in the RMAC were bigger, faster, and deeper....CSM was always one of the toughest teams to defend. (Side note, a good pal of mine was a starting MLB for a RMAC school, said that CSM always had some "crazy ass white dudes that could catch anything").

I don't think we're falling into an Ash-era at all. I think it's the opposite.

Can't wait for this season to start.

No, I don't at all think the griz will fail. I just don't think they will be a consistent championship caliber team under Stitt. All I've ever said is that his system is way to QB dependent. If you do find that gem (NFL drafted QB) and if he manages to stay healthy in a 100 play a game system, you will be scary good. If not, you'll be inconsistent.

Regarding falling into an Ash era, that's an interesting comparison. I've argued with buddies of mine that wanted Ash gone, even after he won three Big Sky titles in a row. To be honest, if Choate can do that and lead this team to being ranked #1 in the country (even if just for a little bit), I'll be impressed. I assume most of you will be happy if Stitt can get you to a point where you win the Big Sky three years in a row.

garizzalies said:

This is accurate...if Stitts team has Carson Wentz that first year we are probably at the very least in the semi finals.

I like Gus as a guy..but he was not the QB we were going to ride to the deep playoff runs....he just wasnt.

srgrizizen said:
garizzalies said:

So, what we need is a "system" where you win with mediocre players? I think changing players is a much quicker route to success than changing systems. Get enough of the right players and you probably win with any system. And they may already be in the recruiting pipeline, even if this year may not produce a big breakout.

We've already seen what a mediocre QB looks like in this offense. In 25 years, we've had a small handful of elite qbs. Anyone of them would have likely thrived in stitts offense. The problem is, the typical qbs we get, aren't enough to get it done. Take berquist for example. Decent QB who got us to a chipper with his intangibles. Not going to be enough in this offense unless our oline and rbs pick up some serious slack. We don't necessarily need a DD/JJ, but a berquist/Brady ain't gonna cut it w/o lots of help. There's too many third-and-longs in this offense to survive with a QB who has a mediocre completion %. You guys keep talking about intangibles like toughness but what we need is accuracy as this is a pass 1st offense

garizzalies said:
srgrizizen said:
garizzalies said:

We've already seen what a mediocre QB looks like in this offense. In 25 years, we've had a small handful of elite qbs. Anyone of them would have likely thrived in stitts offense. The problem is, the typical qbs we get, aren't enough to get it done. Take berquist for example. Decent QB who got us to a chipper with his intangibles. Not going to be enough in this offense unless our oline and rbs pick up some serious slack. We don't necessarily need a DD/JJ, but a berquist/Brady ain't gonna cut it w/o lots of help. There's too many third-and-longs in this offense to survive with a QB who has a mediocre completion %. You guys keep talking about intangibles like toughness but what we need is accuracy as this is a pass 1st offense
#doable

garizzalies said:
srgrizizen said:
garizzalies said:

IMO, Bergquist was a much better quarterback than Brady. I think he would have done well in Stitt's offense. If JJ had a chance in Stitt's offense, he'd be amazing.

garizzalies said:
srgrizizen said:
garizzalies said:

Yet EWU seems to stamp them out of a mold. Repeatedly. Ad nauseam. As in, over and over and over again.

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
srgrizizen said:
garizzalies said:

Yet EWU seems to stamp them out of a mold. Repeatedly. Ad nauseam. As in, over and over and over again.
It's not hard. Stitt knows that. Recruit good quarterbacks and throw in a factor of safety. Between Jensen, Dick, Wilson, and Robinson id say we are in good hands going forward.

How come the QB that is in the pipeline is always better then the one we have? I think Phillips will do just fine. If not, Jensen will take over the show. We have very gifted QB's on this team already!

reinell30 said:
How come the QB that is in the pipeline is always better then the one we have? I think Phillips will do just fine. If not, Jensen will take over the show. We have very gifted QB's on this team already!
Just speaking to the future and stability. I'm really high on Caleb Hill. I think he could take us on a deep playoff run next season or possssssibly this year.

reinell30 said:

It is a mandatory claim to go along with team is "young", "wait until he gets his recruits" and need "4 - 5 years"

BadlandsGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:

This is accurate...if Stitts team has Carson Wentz that first year we are probably at the very least in the semi finals.

I like Gus as a guy..but he was not the QB we were going to ride to the deep playoff runs....he just wasnt.

Did you know Gus as a guy? No way you knew him as well as PR probably did.

Back