• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just Reported In Spokane

Classic result of chain error:

Hey Justin, wanna go to a party tonight? Yeah! (mistake)
Justin, grab a beer! OK. (mistake)
Looks like you are getting dry, have another. (mistake) <- Repeat X number of times
Some guy is getting mouthy and pushy. Can't let him get away with that. (mistake)
Gotta find that $#@*&^! (mistake)
(etc.)

All of the above is conjecture but many of us have been there. It rarely is a big thing that gets these things going. Would have been really easy to have the brain kick in at any point and remember that there is a whole lot to lose by going forward. Regardless of the outcome this young man let his team (and himself) down by being in a position to end up at this point.

reinell30 said:
AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:
AZGrizFan said:
agreed. I chuckled audibly when I read PR's post. :lol:

AZ
Guess you know I am not impressed with Strong on this matter either?
How about you wait for the facts to come out before you bury the kid? :roll: :roll:

I do wait for the facts and I am waiting!

No you don't and no you aren't or you wouldn't make a jackass post like your previous one.

AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:
AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:
AZ
Guess you know I am not impressed with Strong on this matter either?
How about you wait for the facts to come out before you bury the kid? :roll: :roll:

No you don't and no you aren't or you wouldn't make a jackass post like your previous one.

Well I am glad you are impressed with his behavior, you are probably only one of very few who would be.

Grisly Fan said:
Classic result of chain error:

Hey Justin, wanna go to a party tonight? Yeah! (mistake)
Justin, grab a beer! OK. (mistake)
Looks like you are getting dry, have another. (mistake) <- Repeat X number of times
Some guy is getting mouthy and pushy. Can't let him get away with that. (mistake)
Gotta find that $#@*&^! (mistake)
(etc.)

All of the above is conjecture but many of us have been there. It rarely is a big thing that gets these things going. Would have been really easy to have the brain kick in at any point and remember that there is a whole lot to lose by going forward. Regardless of the outcome this young man let his team (and himself) down by being in a position to end up at this point.

That's exactly right, all that's needed is one friend to intervene and say "hey we are out of here" and this mess doesn't happen. Too bad really.

I think the good news is that Stitt and the administrators have been aware of this since Sunday.

Chances are they have informed the team and set expectations in terms of what is likely to transpire in the media, social media, etc.

My hope is that they have taken the steps needed to make sure the team is not caught off guard and to minimize the distractions that are going to explode as a result of all of this. Mostly to ensure the guys all learn from this and end up a stronger team when it’s all said and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reinell30 said:
AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well I am glad you are impressed with his behavior, you are probably only one of very few who would be.

Another jackass post. Please quote the post where I said I was impressed with his behavior? I (like an adult) am simply waiting for the FACTS to come out before I publicly bury the kid.

If he was defending himself, then I have ZERO problem with it. If it turns out that he wasn't, then he deserves whatever comes his way.

Go back and pick up your pitch fork and carry on. :roll: :roll:

Likely medical scenario with the fractured skull and subdural hematoma. Often have to place the injured party into a drug induced coma, then remove part of the skull to deal with brain bleed and swelling. Hopefully they got to the bleed/swelling quickly or there can be significant brain damage. The flight from Pullman to Spokane is concerning, and tells me this probably was a bad injury. Even if they got to it quickly likely long recovery for the injured guy.

dayday said:
grizfnz said:
PlayerRep said:
It makes me long for the days of just a simple dui arrest.

It looks like the narrative that Stitt's players, except for Strahm (and the other guys last year and the year before), are of high character and perfect, may not be quite accurate. Hopefully, little or nothing will come of this, and certainly not a felony charge. However, this felony arrest combined with I think 3 felony arrests for the house break-in a couple years ago, ranks Stitt players above any other Griz coach, including Hauck, on felony arrests per year.

I just hate it when narratives and agendas turn out not to be accurate.

How could we forget the famous home invasion comitted by Counts, Schmaing and VanAckeren. Gamboa and Kose also had problems with the law that season. I bet Stitt still wonders how they all managed to pass his 60 question character assessment during their recruitment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

They didn't take the questionnaire as they were recruited by Gregorak and Delaney regime...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 3 guys supposedly involved in the WSU incident are all Stitt recruits, correct?

Are you saying that a coach is only responsible for his recruits, not recruits from prior coaches?

By the way, I don't fault Stitt for any of this bad behavior that has occurred since he arrived in Missoula. None of it. Not what occurred at WSU. It's all on the players.

My comments have been intended to poke fun at some posters who have been saying that Stitt and his questionnaire have been attracting only choir boys who won't get into trouble. Perhaps Stitt has been trying to weed out some of the potential problems or those with potential character issues, but I believe it is impossible to recruit a credible team where none of them will ever get into trouble.

Even with families, I know very few families, even of supposedly "good" families, where all of the kids have had perfect behavior and no one has gotten into trouble. Look at the kids around yourselves. Any mip's? Any fights? Any school discipline issues or suspensions? Any of them tried pot? Any traffic tickets? Any accidents caused by them doing something stupid? Or, maybe look at yourselves.

No school is immune from these incidents as we have seen over the past few years with the Griz and the Cats. As much as both schools Coaches pound away at this with the players these incidents continue to happen. Players being in the wrong places at the wrong time is usually the cause. The timing could not be worse for this one. Biggest game of the season so far coming up Saturday. It is not just the incident. It is also the distraction from the focus of the whole team, leading up to the game. It is a total bummer.

Have the other players the report say were involved been identified?

Gametime said:
Likely medical scenario with the fractured skull and subdural hematoma. Often have to place the injured party into a drug induced coma, then remove part of the skull to deal with brain bleed and swelling. Hopefully they got to the bleed/swelling quickly or there can be significant brain damage. The flight from Pullman to Spokane is concerning, and tells me this probably was a bad injury. Even if they got to it quickly likely long recovery for the injured guy.

Memo to self. Don't ever mess with Strong. He must throw a heck of a punch, if he can do this much damage in 2 punches to a guy who throws weights for the WSU track team and must be big.

The apparent extent of the injuries is what is causing the police to be fairly aggressive on the arrest for second degree assault, apparently a felony. The early history of the skirmish is helpful for Strong, as is the likely size of the guy and the fact that he is an athlete, and contributes to the self-defense aspect. The second punch probably isn't good. And, if it turns out to be true that the punches came after chasing and catching the guy, as opposed to running into him a bit later and seeing the guy clenching his fists for a fight, that would not be a good fact. However, if the facts were that, after a big athletic guy roughed you up and put your head in a headlock, the big guy later clenched his fists and started to act threatening or move towards you, and you "protect" yourself by punching him first, that seems like a decent self-defense story. Not saying this is what occurred.

I have liked my several times conversing with Strong around town or on the field after games. Always seemed like a very nice kid. Hope it works out for him.

I guess at any point did Strong become “the wolf?” Oh and doesn’t Strong have a brother who plays for WSU? Maybe the other two are WSU players. Really don’t know at this point but this really is a huge bummer at all levels.

Ursus1 said:
Self defense isn't chasing down someone....I can see why with witness statement like that the police hauled him in......and then he also obstructed justice when he told police he didn't know the other two. And being in Pullman I think we have a pretty good idea a teamnate that was likelt there. Stitt has a mess on his hands wirh this one. Griz are now probably in a mess in Weber too if a few players (key to both sides of ball success) thanks to this mess

I saw what the article said, but what Strong could have meant was that he was engaged in the fight and didn't know who was standing nearby at the time. If it turns out that the only 2 people nearby and watching were the other UM players or Strong's brother, then they will likely be good witnesses for him. If there were multiple people, then the witness statements and recollections will likely be all over the ballpark. Conflicting witness info does not make for an easy protection. Beyond a reasonable doubt. The extent of the injuries are the worst fact.

hilinegrizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:
goarmy said:
kemajic said:
Hammer throwers usually aren't small people.

The victim is 5-9
http://www.wsucougars.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3567

That said, Strong a little guy too, at 5-11

Is he 5'9 230 or 5'9 180 as that's a huge difference? It still doesn't justify any of this but I don't think we should paint this guy as the absolute victim who is small and was being bullied by strong or something along those lines

bunch of drunk kids got in a fight over something they probably can't remember. happens all the time just unfortunate that griz player was involved. either way, the kid made bad decisions and doesn't deserve to wear the griz uniform this weekend.

Look him up on Facebook. The guy looks huge and muscular. A weight thrower. Don't know if this link will get to the right spot.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10210044797732037&set=a.1434966309705.2061085.1099376767&type=3&theater

This shit happens way to frequently on bye weeks. I understand that some of the coaches are recruiting but if I were a coach, I would have a mandatory meeting on Saturday at 9:00 pm. They could watch one of the Arizona teams play until midnight, as a team. Let them roll their eyes.

PlayerRep said:
hilinegrizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:
goarmy said:
The victim is 5-9
http://www.wsucougars.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3567

That said, Strong a little guy too, at 5-11

Is he 5'9 230 or 5'9 180 as that's a huge difference? It still doesn't justify any of this but I don't think we should paint this guy as the absolute victim who is small and was being bullied by strong or something along those lines

bunch of drunk kids got in a fight over something they probably can't remember. happens all the time just unfortunate that griz player was involved. either way, the kid made bad decisions and doesn't deserve to wear the griz uniform this weekend.

Look him up on Facebook. The guy looks huge and muscular. A weight thrower. Don't know if this link will get to the right spot.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10210044797732037&set=a.1434966309705.2061085.1099376767&type=3&theater

would hope anyone in early 20s on track team would be muscular. Hooked comment about weight, guy looks about 175-180 Lbs if height is 5'9". Doesn't seem to be a monster big guy compared with 5'10" 200+ Strong fairly even size wise.
I agree with you PR on comments as per consequences for bad decision. Not painting any pictures about bullies...both parties are probably to blame, just hate to see things continue to escalate.

Diesel said:
PlayerRep said:
hilinegrizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:

would hope anyone in early 20s on track team would be muscular. Hooked comment about weight, guy looks about 175-180 Lbs if height is 5'9". Doesn't seem to be a monster big guy compared with 5'10" 200+ Strong fairly even size wise.
I agree with you PR on comments as per consequences for bad decision. Not painting any pictures about bullies...both parties are probably to blame, just hate to see things continue to escalate.

He looks like a big dude to me, bigger than I first imagined. I can definitely see if this guy started it, which all stories back up at this point, where Strong had to feel threatened.

AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:
AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:

Another jackass post. Please quote the post where I said I was impressed with his behavior? I (like an adult) am simply waiting for the FACTS to come out before I publicly bury the kid.

If he was defending himself, then I have ZERO problem with it. If it turns out that he wasn't, then he deserves whatever comes his way.

Go back and pick up your pitch fork and carry on. :roll: :roll:

:thumb:

Back