• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

It's UCSB!

NorthEndZoneDan said:
PeauxRouge said:
Leeland King from SB is a stud.

#1 ?

Yep. That guy.

Griz lose 73-80. Took to long to figure out the Gauchos during the first 10 minutes. The D is there and the shots will come along. This is a promising team. Really excited for this season. They didn't give up and they play hard all the time.

A testament to our D; Gauchos came into the game averaging only 8 turnovers a game. We forced them into 21. Tenacious!

It's also telling how we started the game with 7 points over the first 8-10 minutes and then finished the game with 73.

PeauxRouge said:
A testament to our D; Gauchos came into the game averaging only 8 turnovers a game. We forced them into 21. Tenacious!

It's also telling how we started the game with 7 points over the first 8-10 minutes and then finished the game with 73.

Agreed.....Griz however seemed not as successful capitalizing those turnovers into points like they did against both Pitt, and Penn St. That , combined with their horrid start was their demise.

Let's set the record straight. ChiefStinkyFinger does not go to UCSB. It is a FACT however that he does sell fake jewelry out of the back of his Mothers car and lives with his BF in her basement in Pacoima.

PeauxRouge said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
PeauxRouge said:

#1 ?

Yep. That guy.

Griz lose 73-80. Took to long to figure out the Gauchos during the first 10 minutes. The D is there and the shots will come along. This is a promising team. Really excited for this season. They didn't give up and they play hard all the time.
I its a bit sad, because I don't think the shots will come...that's just hoping against what we've seen so far in every game. If they had any perimeter shooting or just a couple guys with a smooth strokes that when left wide open can consistently make you pay we would have hammered Pitt and probably beat Penn State. They didn't get out talented or out worked by Penn St., Penn just shot the ball better down the stretch.

When Ogi and Rori shoot you feel like its got a good chance of going in, but they aren't good shooters, more prone to go 0-5 then 2-2 from behind the arc.
Moorhead has the best 3pt shot, but he seems like a mental case at times and its streaky and might go 5-8 from 3 or go 0-9 with 2 airballs
Krisz is good kid but totally groundbound and misses lots of stuff from point blank
Pridgett has got game but so far still looks very freshman at times, and looks like he has more of a upside as a PF type than a shooter
Falls just looks overwhelmed most of the time so far, like things are moving to fast and he has to work hard just to avoid turning the ball over.
Akoh looks good, his post moves lack much subtly but he gives you the extra size the Griz needed
Eps, Spujo, Bevins...hard to say much on these guys, theyv'e looked pretty awful lol, but sample size so small have to hope that maybe one of them can develop from 3pt range, they seem to be best hope so far.
Nicholls is great so far, gets in Freshman foul trouble but best moves down low.

With all that said I was really excited about this year, because last year with Ogi, Rorie and Priggett griz had 3 of top five or six guards in the conference in one back court, they just had no size and no outside shooting. With the addition of lots of size (Akoh and Nichollas and 7 ft C) and some outside shooting in Bevins, i thought we would be a complete team this year.
But it appears we have only added depth at the PF 6'8" type position, which has had an impact being able to rotate 3 solid 6'8" PFs instead of just playing Krisz at C all game has made a big difference. So this year we are now going to enter most games saying we have and advantage or this position/area is a a strength:
+Great Defense
+Gaurd Play
+Powerfoward
However, with Kramer and Besjovichesdf 7ft C guy not seeing any time it doesn't look like we have done anything to find a true center. and we are still the team that has it's tallest guy at 6'8" and all the space above that is uncontested.
So Rori and Ogi are probably two best players in Bigsky and Ogi might be NBA guy, think how much better they would be if we had a real post prescene to draw the D in and give them more room to work on the outside and let them get closer to basket before starting their drives, not to mention having someone to dish to at the last second. Second Ogi and Rori are awesome at getting to rim as it is but last few games its been tougher because D is is just colapsing in because they have nothing to worry about, "we'll stop your drive and make you kick it out to an open shooter because he's probably going to miss."
So in conclusin I guess unless we have some shooters emerge and/or a true Center emerge, this is the same team as last year...ok a solid bit better because of better depth and scoring from PF position and Ogi and Rori and Pridgett have all improved a bit, but even so if we can shooters and/or a post presence to take a little focus of Ogi and Rori our D will keep us in every game, but it will be an up and down year because every game will be close, without shooting we won't be able to pull away/close people out and many games that, if we had just hit 3 more open shots we win by 8, we instead lose by 2 or whatever. This is a really good team, but just so lame in a the shooting department that it will be hard even for out special talent at guard and on D to propel us to much more than 18 or19 win blue collar season which is good, but I really thought/ was hoping that this team would be a team that could be in the tournament with a real chance to upset any of the 3 or 4 seeds, but if you can't shoot you're not pulling any upsets,,,Griz ain't going to grind-out and upset against bigger more physical teams (Pitt doesn't count they are awful)
But Jordan Gregory kinda developed out of nowhere so I still have hope that a couple reliable 3pt threats will emerge and this team can really take off to its full potential.

CleanHOUSE said:
PeauxRouge said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
PeauxRouge said:

#1 ?

Yep. That guy.

I its a bit sad, because I don't think the shots will come...that's just hoping against what we've seen so far in every game. If they had any perimeter shooting or just a couple guys with a smooth strokes that when left wide open can consistently make you pay we would have hammered Pitt and probably beat Penn State. They didn't get out talented or out worked by Penn St., Penn just shot the ball better down the stretch.

When Ogi and Rori shoot you feel like its got a good chance of going in, but they aren't good shooters, more prone to go 0-5 then 2-2 from behind the arc.
Moorhead has the best 3pt shot, but he seems like a mental case at times and its streaky and might go 5-8 from 3 or go 0-9 with 2 airballs
Krisz is good kid but totally groundbound and misses lots of stuff from point blank
Pridgett has got game but so far still looks very freshman at times, and looks like he has more of a upside as a PF type than a shooter
Falls just looks overwhelmed most of the time so far, like things are moving to fast and he has to work hard just to avoid turning the ball over.
Akoh looks good, his post moves lack much subtly but he gives you the extra size the Griz needed
Eps, Spujo, Bevins...hard to say much on these guys, theyv'e looked pretty awful lol, but sample size so small have to hope that maybe one of them can develop from 3pt range, they seem to be best hope so far.
Nicholls is great so far, gets in Freshman foul trouble but best moves down low.

With all that said I was really excited about this year, because last year with Ogi, Rorie and Priggett griz had 3 of top five or six guards in the conference in one back court, they just had no size and no outside shooting. With the addition of lots of size (Akoh and Nichollas and 7 ft C) and some outside shooting in Bevins, i thought we would be a complete team this year.
But it appears we have only added depth at the PF 6'8" type position, which has had an impact being able to rotate 3 solid 6'8" PFs instead of just playing Krisz at C all game has made a big difference. So this year we are now going to enter most games saying we have and advantage or this position/area is a a strength:
+Great Defense
+Gaurd Play
+Powerfoward
However, with Kramer and Besjovichesdf 7ft C guy not seeing any time it doesn't look like we have done anything to find a true center. and we are still the team that has it's tallest guy at 6'8" and all the space above that is uncontested.
So Rori and Ogi are probably two best players in Bigsky and Ogi might be NBA guy, think how much better they would be if we had a real post prescene to draw the D in and give them more room to work on the outside and let them get closer to basket before starting their drives, not to mention having someone to dish to at the last second. Second Ogi and Rori are awesome at getting to rim as it is but last few games its been tougher because D is is just colapsing in because they have nothing to worry about, "we'll stop your drive and make you kick it out to an open shooter because he's probably going to miss."
So in conclusin I guess unless we have some shooters emerge and/or a true Center emerge, this is the same team as last year...ok a solid bit better because of better depth and scoring from PF position and Ogi and Rori and Pridgett have all improved a bit, but even so if we can shooters and/or a post presence to take a little focus of Ogi and Rori our D will keep us in every game, but it will be an up and down year because every game will be close, without shooting we won't be able to pull away/close people out and many games that, if we had just hit 3 more open shots we win by 8, we instead lose by 2 or whatever. This is a really good team, but just so lame in a the shooting department that it will be hard even for out special talent at guard and on D to propel us to much more than 18 or19 win blue collar season which is good, but I really thought/ was hoping that this team would be a team that could be in the tournament with a real chance to upset any of the 3 or 4 seeds, but if you can't shoot you're not pulling any upsets,,,Griz ain't going to grind-out and upset against bigger more physical teams (Pitt doesn't count they are awful)
But Jordan Gregory kinda developed out of nowhere so I still have hope that a couple reliable 3pt threats will emerge and this team can really take off to its full potential.

I agree with most of what you say. But, Krislovic is very good near the basket. But, I think it is too soon to give up on this team, though, expectations are lowered substantially which is a shame. I'm beginning to wonder if the coach might be over doing it on the sideline and it is reflective in the play of the Griz. Something is not quite right as they get leads, almost easily, bu then collapse. Is it substitutions? No answer. But, the one thing that absolutely true, is that UM cannot shoot the ball well. And, isn't that the point of the game?

Why would we give up on this team? They will tighten things up and the rotations will solidify and this team is going to be tough to beat come conference play! I'm still very excited for this season!

Back