• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

It's official!

AZGrizFan said:
bigtyme said:
It is because the people who have had season tix since 1986 are now too old to make the games and younger generations could care less about football in Missoula. Fanbase on other side of the state has a much younger crowd. Just my two cents.

Makes sense. Younger crowd that accepts participation trophies as moral victories. Perfect match.

Nothing wrong with participation trophies, as long as you win.

ordigger said:
AZGrizFan said:
bigtyme said:
It is because the people who have had season tix since 1986 are now too old to make the games and younger generations could care less about football in Missoula. Fanbase on other side of the state has a much younger crowd. Just my two cents.

Makes sense. Younger crowd that accepts participation trophies as moral victories. Perfect match.

Nothing wrong with participation trophies, as long as you win.

They don't keep score.

Part of the problem is who we played today. We need to get out of this shitty conference.

A move up thread? :lol:

DrainBramage said:
what are the cost of the tickets these days? is it a price objection?
Are there more expensive tickets in all of FCS football? I kinda doubt it and given that and the run of mediocrity in recent years the attendance drop is not surprising.

grizpsych said:
signedbewildered said:
Dunno looks 22,000ish is pretty accurate from my seat. I didn't know we had a 44,000 capacity stadium

Maybe it's time for glasses.

My glasses are half full, not half empty. Haven't paid attention to what the other announced attendances have been? Didn't look like a lot less people to me.

Best facilities to recruit to in FCS....struggle to make playoffs...keys to the Cadillac lost...great fans but when struggling its hard to sell going to game over weddings, birthdays, lawn work, hunting, sex

jtgriz2 said:
Best facilities to recruit to in FCS....struggle to make playoffs...keys to the Cadillac lost...great fans but when struggling its hard to sell going to game over weddings, birthdays, lawn work, hunting, sex
Now that, I have to take issue with :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

IdaGriz01 said:
jtgriz2 said:
Now that, I have to take issue with :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, in November?

Its a combination of things that has been building over the last few years. Mediocre Griz teams, limited playoff appearances, crappy opponents(conference or ooc), aging fan base, high ticket prices. The aging fan base excuse sounds dumb, but it's legit. We've been to MSU, EWU and UW over the last few years, and there is a noticeable difference in the amount of "younger" fans. Need to keep recruiting the younger fans to keep the fan base strong(reloading). It's all supply and demand. Is the product worth the price? Hard to charge the highest ticket prices with a middle of the pack product and expect to pack the stadium. I think I'm the most surprised by the lack of students in the student section every game. I remember getting up early and waiting in line to get the student tickets and the sacred guest passes, haha. But...winning fixes everything. If the Griz can get on a run and make a little noise in the playoffs for a few years again, all will be well in Grizland.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

bray said:
Its a combination of things that has been building over the last few years. Mediocre Griz teams, limited playoff appearances, crappy opponents(conference or ooc), aging fan base, high ticket prices. The aging fan base excuse sounds dumb, but it's legit. We've been to MSU, EWU and UW over the last few years, and there is a noticeable difference in the amount of "younger" fans. Need to keep recruiting the younger fans to keep the fan base strong(reloading). It's all supply and demand. Is the product worth the price? Hard to charge the highest ticket prices with a middle of the pack product and expect to pack the stadium. I think I'm the most surprised by the lack of students in the student section every game. I remember getting up early and waiting in line to get the student tickets and the sacred guest passes, haha. But...winning fixes everything. If the Griz can get on a run and make a little noise in the playoffs for a few years again, all will be well in Grizland.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I knew it was going to be a good week if I was up in time to get a guest pass... ha

This is dumb. It's really simple, last weekend was a 3:30 pm game and half our fans come from out of town. With bad weather and a late start, it just made more sense to stay home.

This weekend we played a 2 win team.

That's the whole story.

I think a lot of people complaining about this attendance thing are either losing money off it somehow, or they are so young, they weren't Griz fans when Wash-Griz' capacity was 19,000 or even 15,000 when they opened up the grass endzones.

The last two weeks, I've loved the crowds. I've thought the atmosphere was great, it was loud and fans were engaged. Bottom line,m Wash-Griz doesn't need 26,000 to be the Wash-Griz I know and love. I know the university wouldn't want to hear that, they want sellouts, they want revenue, and that's great and I understand it, but, from an atmosphere standpoint, the extra 3,000 not there don't really make a difference as far as I'm concerned, and I just feel like people who don't get that, are people who weren't there in 1995 or 1996 or 2001 or 2004.

Do I wish every game would still sell out? Yup. It's great to see it packed obviously, it's great from an asthetic standpoint, great for arieal photos and such. Great for school spirit, and great for the universities' bank account. But, from an affecting the game, atmosphere standpoint, I could care less if the people who don't care as much as I do show up or not. Wash-Griz exisisted long before it's currently capacity, and it was just fine with those numbers.

GrizGeneral said:
This is dumb. It's really simple, last weekend was a 3:30 pm game and half our fans come from out of town. With bad weather and a late start, it just made more sense to stay home.

That's the whole story.

This.

Having said that, anecdotally, I have several friends who live in Missoula who are choosing not to go to another game while Stitt is head coach. Again, small sample size.

Fushiznitz said:
GrizGeneral said:

That's the whole story.

This.

Having said that, anecdotally, I have several friends who live in Missoula who are choosing not to go to another game while Stitt is head coach. Again, small sample size.

FFS... the Griz are 7-3 and your friends are boycotting the team.

GrizGeneral said:

That's the whole story.

Lot of truth there

signedbewildered said:
Dunno looks 22,000ish is pretty accurate from my seat. I didn't know we had a 44,000 capacity stadium

Exactly. It was not "half-full." That's an enormous exaggeration. And of course many, many factors play into that, including the fact that it was NORTHERN FUCKING COLORADO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CFallsGriz said:
signedbewildered said:

Exactly. It was not "half-full." That's an enormous exaggeration. And of course many, many factors play into that, including the fact that it was NORTHERN f***[*] COLORADO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the BSC, they are all pretty much Northern Colorado's. So that is a stupid fucking excuse for missing a game.

GrizMusician said:
Fushiznitz said:
GrizGeneral said:

That's the whole story.

This.

FFS... the Griz are 7-3 and your friends are boycotting the team.

YAAGDB....I didn't suggest that their stance is justified. I merely pointed out their opinion, which others could possibly hold, and thus account for a portion of the obvious attendance reduction.

Back