• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Info from Playoff Committee Chair...

My concern is that Eastern Washington is still ranked and will likely not lose this weekend. Does their loss to NDSU mean enough to eliminate them even though they've been ranked all year? Most folks seem to think Weber State, Southern Utah, NAU, and Montana are the only ones in the mix. EWU makes me nervous.

Since all the other items in the process have been thoroughly commented on and reviewed, my main curiosity and concern is which member school will be eliminated from hosting a semifinal round if the most they can muster in a bid is a mere $60,000.00?

1976griz said:
My concern is that Eastern Washington is still ranked and will likely not lose this weekend. Does their loss to NDSU mean enough to eliminate them even though they've been ranked all year? Most folks seem to think Weber State, Southern Utah, NAU, and Montana are the only ones in the mix. EWU makes me nervous.

A couple so-called FCS experts and writers think a 7-4 EWU is very much still in the mix. I think if both UM and NAU win it eliminates them. If either lose they have a much better shot. Some still think EWU will get in over UM based on resume and heads up win. Makes me nervous too.

HookedonGriz said:
1976griz said:

A couple so-called FCS experts and writers think a 7-4 EWU is very much still in the mix. I think if both UM and NAU win it eliminates them. If either lose they have a much better shot. Some still think EWU will get in over UM based on resume and heads up win. Makes me nervous too.
If they do, this whole playoff thing is a sham and shouldn’t be used as an excuse for why the Griz shouldn’t consider moving up any longer

Fahque said:
HookedonGriz said:
1976griz said:

If they do, this whole playoff thing is a sham and shouldn’t be used as an excuse for why the Griz shouldn’t consider moving up any longer

Why wouldn’t Eastern be in the mix? Their only losses are to #14, #12, and #5 plus an FBS. They are still ranked in the top 20, have a recent history of doing well in the playoffs and have a top 5 strength of schedule...they’ve also been creamed with injuries all year and will still get to 7 wins with zero bad losses

marceagfan5 said:
Why wouldn’t Eastern be in the mix? Their only losses are to #14, #12, and #5 plus an FBS. They are still ranked in the top 20, have a recent history of doing well in the playoffs and have a top 5 strength of schedule...they’ve also been creamed with injuries all year and will still get to 7 wins with zero bad losses

I suspect E WA is still in the mix for consideration. Their past playoff performance is perhaps their strongest point. Yet the eagles are still looking at a log jam with all of this year's bubble teams. No bad losses but still at best a 7 win season with 20 plus teams also in consideration who will end the year with potentially 8 or 9 wins.

We can all speculate, so I will... I doubt E. WA gets in but I suspect they have a real possibility. :ugeek:

marceagfan5 said:
Fahque said:
HookedonGriz said:
1976griz said:

7-4

Grizzlies1982 said:
I suspect E WA is still in the mix for consideration. Their past playoff performance is perhaps their strongest point. Yet the eagles are still looking at a log jam with all of this year's bubble teams. No bad losses but still at best a 7 win season with 20 plus teams also in consideration who will end the year with potentially 8 or 9 wins.

We can all speculate, so I will... I doubt E. WA gets in but I suspect they have a real possibility. :ugeek:

Way to stick your neck out there... :lol:

Paytonlives said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

Just for you Payton, let me clarify.

Well they might. Then again, they might not. It is possible. Though maybe not. Perhaps it is feasible? Though unlikely, it remains to be seen. Actually it sort of depends.

There! Now we all know exactly where EWU stands! ;)

Grizzlies1982 said:
Paytonlives said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

Just for you Payton, let me clarify.

Well they might. Then again, they might not. It is possible. Though maybe not. Perhaps it is feasible? Though unlikely, it remains to be seen. Actually it sort of depends.

There! Now we all know exactly where EWU stands! ;)

Could have just said that in the first place and skipped all the damned drama.

Amazing how people want to get ahead of themselves. The only thing important is tomorrow; the rest is out of our control. Only after a win there is the speculation even worthy of thought.

Personally, I have my room at Goldsmith's booked for 11/25.

Back