• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I know a lot have thought about this, and was discussed before...

dupuyer griz said:
Art Spooner said:
Harm said:
Just temper ur expectations a bit, remember there's going to be a brand new line with only 1 returning...still, my heart says 9-2, my head says more like 8-3 to 7-4...need to fill a bunch of holes left by the Stittshow....

Detail the bunch of holes that Stitt left.
Besides secondary? Like all 4... also TE and FB. I also feel we are shorter than we should be on OL and DL. But hey, that’s only like 10 possible starters so no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree on a true TE and FB for obvious reasons. Bingham will most likely be asked to put on 20 lbs. He will be good. Disagree on Safety and O-Line. Talent there but young. O-Line reported to be very good just inexperienced according to Germer. Starting safeties return. Lots of athletes for safety depth. Hauck will move people around. Quality interior D-Linemen and corner depth is a problem for practically every team in the country. We have two very solid interior linemen and D-end loses “only” #37 but rest are back. Our starters will be solid. I think Stitt did a pretty decent job in recruiting. We’ll see.

Art Spooner said:
dupuyer griz said:
Art Spooner said:
Harm said:
Just temper ur expectations a bit, remember there's going to be a brand new line with only 1 returning...still, my heart says 9-2, my head says more like 8-3 to 7-4...need to fill a bunch of holes left by the Stittshow....

Besides secondary? Like all 4... also TE and FB. I also feel we are shorter than we should be on OL and DL. But hey, that’s only like 10 possible starters so no big deal.

Agree on a true TE and FB for obvious reasons. Bingham will most likely be asked to put on 20 lbs. He will be good. Disagree on Safety and O-Line. Talent there but young. O-Line reported to be very good just inexperienced according to Germer. Starting safeties return. Lots of athletes for safety depth. Hauck will move people around. Quality interior D-Linemen and corner depth is a problem for practically every team in the country. We have two very solid interior linemen and D-end loses “only” #37 but rest are back. Our starters will be solid. I think Stitt did a pretty decent job in recruiting. We’ll see.
With all due respect, I think you’re drunk. However, I hope you’re right.

GrizGuy said:
No Iowa - Loss
Drake
- Win
W Illinois - Loss
Sac State - Win
CPO - Win
Portland State - Win
North Dakota - Win
UC Davis - Win
SUU - Loss
Idaho - Loss
Moo U - Win

7-4, but we could get as many as 9 wins. That's my gut at this moment. Could change as things move forward.
N. Iowa- W
Drake- W
W. Illinois- L
Sac State- W
Cal Poly- W
Portland St.- W
N. Dakota- W
UC Davis-W
S. Utah-W
Idaho-L
MSWho?- W
I’ll say 9-2 with losses to Western Illinois, Idaho and maybe Northern Iowa but I’ll give us the edge cause I think UNI is overrated plus it’s at home, and UNI has never played well in Missoula. S. Utah’s gonna have a new quarterback next year so I’ll give us the win on the road. 9-2 with hopefully a bye would set the tone for the rest of Hauck’s tenure.

dupuyer griz said:
Art Spooner said:
Harm said:

You realize kids graduate in college football. Right?

AZGrizFan said:
GrizGuy said:
No Iowa - Loss
Drake
- Win
W Illinois - Loss
Sac State - Win
CPO - Win
Portland State - Win
North Dakota - Win
UC Davis - Win
SUU - Loss
Idaho - Loss
Moo U - Win

7-4, but we could get as many as 9 wins. That's my gut at this moment. Could change as things move forward.

There’s nothin special about UNI. Watching them get worked right now. I also think by the SUU game Bobby will have it rolling. All the directional Illinois teams are overrated, IMHO
Don’t forget Illinois State, or Illinois for that matter :lol:

EverettGriz said:
dupuyer griz said:
Art Spooner said:
Harm said:

What? Get out of here, no way. How is it we don’t have 2-3 juniors on the o-line? Our secondary was short this year, and not enough for next year. The better way to ask your question would have been to make an appointment with bob and let him know kids graduate. I don’t believe he was a good recruiter like people think. There is some talent, but there are glaring holes.

I agree there are some holes. There are holes in every program in the country at this time of year. Difficult to judge if they are really significant holes until we see who fills them.

dupuyer griz said:
Art Spooner said:
Harm said:

Shorter?
Colton Keintz 6-8
Dylan Eickmeyer 6-4
Ashton Torres 6-4
Thayne Jackson 6-5
Skyler Martin 6-5
Payton Stoner 6-6
Brandon Scott 6-7
Angel Villanueva 6-5
Dallas Hart 6-5
Conlan Beaver 6-5

Those are the returnees on the OL. How the hell tall do you want them to be???

And if you mean numbers wise, I'd say 10 returning OL is pretty good numbers. With 63 scholarships, you can't carry 20 OL, and before you say it, I never thought you should have carried 20 receivers either.

dupuyer griz said:
EverettGriz said:
dupuyer griz said:
Art Spooner said:

What? Get out of here, no way. How is it we don’t have 2-3 juniors on the o-line? Our secondary was short this year, and not enough for next year. The better way to ask your question would have been to make an appointment with bob and let him know kids graduate. I don’t believe he was a good recruiter like people think. There is some talent, but there are glaring holes.

You do realize the Juniors this year that will be Seniors next year, Stitt didn't recruit that year right?

George Ferguson said:
dupuyer griz said:
Art Spooner said:
Harm said:

Shorter?
Colton Keintz 6-8
Dylan Eickmeyer 6-4
Ashton Torres 6-4
Thayne Jackson 6-5
Skyler Martin 6-5
Payton Stoner 6-6
Brandon Scott 6-7
Angel Villanueva 6-5
Dallas Hart 6-5
Conlan Beaver 6-5

Those are the returnees on the OL. How the hell tall do you want them to be???

And if you mean numbers wise, I'd say 10 returning OL is pretty good numbers. With 63 scholarships, you can't carry 20 OL, and before you say it, I never thought you should have carried 20 receivers either.
The heart of the issue right here.

1972 said:
dupuyer griz said:
EverettGriz said:
dupuyer griz said:

You do realize the Juniors this year that will be Seniors next year, Stitt didn't recruit that year right?
We had at least 1 of his classes with only 1-2 linemen so yeah he did shitty.

dupuyer griz said:
1972 said:
dupuyer griz said:
EverettGriz said:

We had at least 1 of his classes with only 1-2 linemen so yeah he did shitty.

3,5,2 how many are still here?

srgrizizen said:
AZGrizFan said:
GrizGuy said:
No Iowa - Loss
Drake
- Win
W Illinois - Loss
Sac State - Win
CPO - Win
Portland State - Win
North Dakota - Win
UC Davis - Win
SUU - Loss
Idaho - Loss
Moo U - Win

There’s nothin special about UNI. Watching them get worked right now. I also think by the SUU game Bobby will have it rolling. All the directional Illinois teams are overrated, IMHO

:thumb: Have the Griz ever lost to UNI? The overall record must be very lopsided in any case. Some highly touted UNI teams have folded like a cheap lawn chair in WaGriz.

I hope it happens again. I would certainly re-think this early set of predictions as the actual season approaches.

Christ, how deep would satisfy you people. The best eleven need to be on the field 60 minutes,oops i am showing my age! unless they are injured. No starters want to be substituted ever. Can you spell CONDITIONING. Go Griz

CDAGRIZ said:
catsack said:
If it was really a coaching issue , then 10-1 shouldn't be a problem!

I hear that! 7-4 will be a complete disappointment.

images

Back