• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hats off to Gresch Jensen

MTGriz87 said:
Gresch was very impressive to watch this year as a Freshman. He has the potential to be great. With JLM, Akem, and Toure all young to compliment him... Our offense could be scary good moving forward. Now about that defense...

Reloading with 4 new linemen with no significant PT.

SoldierGriz said:
GJ is the ONE and ONLY player who inspires me for next season. Period.

About the stellar recruiting....?

good Christ it must suck to be you. How about Toure? Nash? Calhoun? All the horses on the O-line? Sims? Favoroso? Rodriquez? Shaw? Buss? Akeem? Parker? Dick? Sulser? I could literally list 30-40.

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

good Christ it must suck to be you. How about Toure? Nash? Calhoun? All the horses on the O-line? Sims? Favoroso? Rodriquez? Shaw? Buss? Akeem? Parker? Dick? Sulser? I could literally list 30-40.

Keep listing them...

Who on the o-line? Some mentioned above have NOT PLAYED A D1 DOWN IN THERE LIVES.

You've lost your way.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Keep listing them...

Who on the o-line? Some mentioned above have NOT PLAYED A D1 DOWN IN THERE LIVES.

You've lost your way.

Well, if there’s only one player on the roster who inspires you, perhaps its time to switch to a different team. Because there isn’t gonna be a wholesale shakeup of the roster.

Kid was supposed to red-shirt. Heck of a year he had. Looking forward to next year with him at the helm

He was not the reason the griz lost on Saturday. He is a good one and will be tough to beat in the coming years.

putter said:
Kid was supposed to red-shirt. Heck of a year he had. Looking forward to next year with him at the helm

Uh.....wasn’t he ALREADY a RS Freshman? Didn’t he RS last year?

AZGrizFan said:
putter said:

Uh.....wasn’t he ALREADY a RS Freshman? Didn’t he RS last year?

Good catch AZ. Was thinking about Phillips and had red-shirt on the brain. :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Keep listing them...

You've lost your way.

Well, if there’s only one player on the roster who inspires you, perhaps its time to switch to a different team. Because there isn’t gonna be a wholesale shakeup of the roster.

I don't switch teams...ever. GJ is going to be special.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Keep listing them...

You've lost your way.

I don't switch teams...ever. GJ is going to be special.
Well while I appreciate his "gamer" attitude, and believe he is already a special player, I'm not sure he did his team any favors going back out there with a numb hand and trying to play through it...

I have a question about that pass - fumble call. So when some one attempts to throw a ball but fumbles does the ball fly forward? The way I see it, a fumble would be the ball coming out of him hand and landing behind him. That was a game changing call. We ran out of time at the end of the game and we were moving the ball in the 4th quarter.

IdahoGrizFan said:
I have a question about that pass - fumble call. So when some one attempts to throw a ball but fumbles does the ball fly forward? The way I see it, a fumble would be the ball coming out of him hand and landing behind him. That was a game changing call. We ran out of time at the end of the game and we were moving the ball in the 4th quarter.

It came down to what the call was on the field. When the refs decided to call it a fumble, then the evidence needs to be 100% to overturn it. If the refs called it an incomplete pass, the replay officials wouldn't have had enough to turn it over either. Came down to the call on the field.

I'd love to know Jensen's opinion about rehiring Stitt. I'd think that should carry some weight. And how about Matt Robinson? We've seen this offense is night and day depending on QB play. We've got a good one just getting started and another really good one in the pipeline. To me at least, it seems like we're finally starting to see the offense get more consistent now that "Stitt's guys" are playing. As frustrating as the past 2 years have been, isn't that reason for a little optimism and maybe seeing this Stitt experiment through a little longer?

Griz Man said:
I'd love to know Jensen's opinion about rehiring Stitt. I'd think that should carry some weight. And how about Matt Robinson? We've seen this offense is night and day depending on QB play. We've got a good one just getting started and another really good one in the pipeline. To me at least, it seems like we're finally starting to see the offense get more consistent now that "Stitt's guys" are playing. As frustrating as the past 2 years have been, isn't that reason for a little optimism and maybe seeing this Stitt experiment through a little longer?

:thumb:

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I wanted to say, my hat is off to gresh Jerry and all of the other members of the 2017 Griz football team. I know these guys played as hard as they can, played to win, wanted to win every game, and did their best to leave it all on the field. We can argue and discuss how successful the coaching was, whatever, but I know that the team as a whole did the best they could and I'm proud of them. Looking forward to next year. Gogriz!

CDAGRIZ said:
DrainBramage said:
PDXGrizzly said:
DrainBramage said:
First guy to throw a 30 yard fumble!!
The hell is wrong with you? Go back to kitty land and have fun celebrating your losing season.
Too soon? I know, i know, too soon. Really it seems inconceivable that your hand wouldn't be moving forward AND get the ball to fly 30 yards.
Great point. The explanation was that he lost control before his arm moved forward and thus basically batted a fumbled ball forward. Funny thing is, if a Griz player caught it, nobody would have questioned that it was a completed pass.
Hall of Fame Broncos QB, John Elway, had the same thing happen in a game. He wasn't under pressure, threw the ball & it just tumbled end over end out of his hands. Big deal made of it in Denver Post, & I think a cartoon was made of it.

I was super impressed with him. Great accuracy, decision making, and most importantly that sense of the pocket around him. Too bad now he may not get a chance to shine.

CatzWillRise said:
I was super impressed with him. Great accuracy, decision making, and most importantly that sense of the pocket around him. Too bad now he may not get a chance to shine.
Jensen’s not going anywhere. Both of his parents went to UM and any head coach would love to have him.

Griz til I die said:
CatzWillRise said:
Jensen’s not going anywhere. Both of his parents went to UM and any head coach would love to have him.

Not saying he is goin anywhere, but he’s gonna have a new HC, OC, and offensive scheme. He was really getting into the groove there.

Latest posts

Back