• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz D Sucks

Maybe Semore is trying too hard to show everyone how great he is. Maybe he is making it too complicated for his players and even himself. Maybe he feels the pressure to outcompete the DC he replaced or try to show next level teams he can run a complicated defense despite the fact the situation probably doesnt require it and instead he could pick simpler schemes focus on fundamentals and be far more successful. I dont know as I am not knowledgeable enough to be a DC an OC or a head coach. Just a thought.

cmtgrizzly said:
Maybe Semore is trying too hard to show everyone how great he is. Maybe he is making it too complicated for his players and even himself. Maybe he feels the pressure to outcompete the DC he replaced or try to show next level teams he can run a complicated defense despite the fact the situation probably doesnt require it and instead he could pick simpler schemes focus on fundamentals and be far more successful. I dont know as I am not knowledgeable enough to be a DC an OC or a head coach. Just a thought.

Seems one could apply many of the above elements to the HC as well?

cmtgrizzly said:

Sounds like you are.

Not at all happy with the result, but you could argue that Semore had the players ready for this game since they only allowed 6 first half points. Maybe most D coordinators wouldn't have been able to accomplish that? To put it mildly, Semore didn't adjust very well in the 2nd half, but maybe the first half showed he's not totally out of his league? Just looking at the glass as half full, especially against the all-time FCS record holder for passing yards in a season.

Kinda like with the offense, there have been flashes of a very good D. Will they be able to put it all together and make better in-game adjustments? Stay tuned...

Griz Man said:
but maybe the first half showed he's not totally out of his league?

All I would offer about the first half defensive performance, is they should count their lucky stars that EWU's QB was overthrowing his receivers before half time, because they were several steps behind our secondary the whole time. Could have been pretty ugly if he'd been connecting with them... And by behind, I mean outrunning them and wide open...

Jaymerz said:
Griz Man said:

All I would offer about the first half defensive performance, is they should count their lucky stars that EWU's QB was overthrowing his receivers before half time, because they were several steps behind our secondary the whole time. Could have been pretty ugly if he'd been connecting with them... And by behind, I mean outrunning them and wide open...

No kidding, if he was on 3 TDs and if not for fluke hail Mary EWU would have blown the Griz out

Jaymerz said:
Griz Man said:

I love arguments like these...because, man, if our receivers had caught more of those drops or if Jensen and put about 2-3 more yards of air under 3-4 of those long passes when the receiver had 2 steps on the defender we'd have scored 65! :roll: :roll:

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts....

The PASS Defense sucks!!! The run defense has been pretty damn good this season, so far. It's a shame that a good run defense is being wasted. Hard to believe, I am actually looking forward to the GRIZ playing run oriented teams.

Back