• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz at Hoes Game thread

GrizLA said:
tourist said:
Tell me again how great TD is... :roll:
The only thing I saw that he had anything to do with was playing for the last shot that has not worked for Um this year It would have been better to at least give Kriscovic or Oguine a chance to be fouled. And all they needed was one point. Going for the last shot has not worked well since it was put in the game It takes most teams out of their rythm when they need it most.
Any year
It’s our tradition
Walk off wins are very rare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrizLA said:
Don't look now, but Weber is 3rd in the country in the three pt shot that UM does not seem able to stop when it counts.

yeah we can really play some Def teams aren't going to burn us to the hoop but pretty small on outside so alot of times not much trouble getting clean looks by just shooting over guys

Potomac Griz said:
first11 said:
Sac State comeback win may have been the high watermark point of season. Idaho no slouch but wonder if our best game was mid season

In my opinion the Griz looked MUCH better this game than they did @EWU and against Sac at home. Those two games were clunkers....

It's encouraging to see that there was improvement offensively with the Griz against a very good Idaho team over what we saw against Sac and EWU. Instead of slow offense and chucking up contested 20+ threes the Griz worked to get better looks than they did against EWU.
I agree. there was way more ball movement tonight, better passing, and better looks at the basket. and it showed. unfortunately the taters had a string of 3s that were out of this world

cmtgrizzly said:
Potomac Griz said:
first11 said:
Sac State comeback win may have been the high watermark point of season. Idaho no slouch but wonder if our best game was mid season

In my opinion the Griz looked MUCH better this game than they did @EWU and against Sac at home. Those two games were clunkers....

It's encouraging to see that there was improvement offensively with the Griz against a very good Idaho team over what we saw against Sac and EWU. Instead of slow offense and chucking up contested 20+ threes the Griz worked to get better looks than they did against EWU.

Agreed after the 1st quarter of the game we took better shots and (havent seen the stats) seems we shot reasonably well after that. Good enough to win but when a team shoots as well as they did, despite being contested, it is tough to win.

No, dude...

UM literally has no one w a decent or good, reliable mid-range jumper. They were drawing iron literally 3-5 attempts or more. Yeah it's tough to challenge that arc shot the spuds have been dropping, but when you just can't hit shit outside the paint you're in trouble w any decent team who has a couple shooters.

Esp without a dominant low post ...

CFallsGriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Potomac Griz said:
first11 said:

Agreed after the 1st quarter of the game we took better shots and (havent seen the stats) seems we shot reasonably well after that. Good enough to win but when a team shoots as well as they did, despite being contested, it is tough to win.

No, dude...

UM literally has no one w a decent or good, reliable mid-range jumper. They were drawing iron literally 3-5 attempts or more. Yeah it's tough to challenge that arc shot the spuds have been dropping, but when you just can't hit shit outside the paint you're in trouble w any decent team who has a couple shooters.

What did we shoot from three and the field after the first 10 minutes?

The refs called so many offensive fouls on Akoh that they were too tired to call the most obvious one of the game. :roll:

cmtgrizzly said:
CFallsGriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Potomac Griz said:

No, dude...

6-13 from 3 after the first 10 mins.

23-47 after starting the game 4-10 shooting.

I don't think anyone can complain about shooting 47% from the field for the game. That's a good FG%.

The big issue for the Griz in the first 10 mins was going 0-3 from 3, 4-10 from the field and turning it over 5 times (plus Idaho was not missing).

that was a great college bball game...spuds shoot an unreal % from 3's, but still Griz had chance and could have won if they made a few more FT's and took a better last shot..but a true gut-check game that they could have folded up many times. When you play great d for 25 seconds and the enemy buries 3 after 3 after 3 from all over the place , most guys would just say , not our night and give up. The Griz didn't, most teams would, I would, and you would. A little credit for the effort huh? You people crack me up, " Idaho a better team", "playing for a 16th seed", "what about TD now" ----come on, first Idaho shot lights out and at home, probably will never happen again---BSC is ranked 18th in nation...never, ever, will be seeded 16th---and TD , yeah, THank God we have him, that is where the effort comes from...thanks for a great game and letting me rant!

Potomac Griz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
CFallsGriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:

No, dude...

I don't think anyone can complain about shooting 47% from the field for the game. That's a good FG%.

The big issue for the Griz in the first 10 mins was going 0-3 from 3, 4-10 from the field and turning it over 5 times (plus Idaho was not missing).

Yeah pretty good. Looks to be nearly 50% from 3 after the first 10 minutes as well. Also quite acceptable. Idaho was 8-11 from 3 at one point in the second half and probably 9/12 or 9/13 afte the first half. Ridiculously good. They wont do that consistently.

rainbear14 said:
that was a great college bball game...spuds shoot an unreal % from 3's, but still Griz had chance and could have won if they made a few more FT's and took a better last shot..but a true gut-check game that they could have folded up many times. When you play great d for 25 seconds and the enemy buries 3 after 3 after 3 from all over the place , most guys would just say , not our night and give up. The Griz didn't, most teams would, I would, and you would. A little credit for the effort huh? You people crack me up, " Idaho a better team", "playing for a 16th seed", "what about TD now" ----come on, first Idaho shot lights out and at home, probably will never happen again---BSC is ranked 18th in nation...never, ever, will be seeded 16th---and TD , yeah, THank God we have him, that is where the effort comes from...thanks for a great game and letting me rant!

Ditto on this.

Much better effort tonight than the one against EWU. Fun game to watch, despite the loss. No reason to despair.

Griz should still get a top seed in Big Sky tourney and anything can happen.

rainbear14 said:

Great post! :thumb:

This was a hell of a game against a very good Idaho team that was picked to win the league in the preseason. Game could have easily gone for the Griz with a made FT here or simply one better possession. Losing on a last second tip-in @Idaho in overtime is not a bad loss and definitely nothing to be ashamed of or reason for anyone to give up on this team.

Wish we got to play them (and EWU) here in Missoula this year too, but we'll have to be content to get our revenge in the tournament :)

tourist said:
tourist said:

:lol: In the face of those who think he's the second coming. Great run before this week. Next.

I noticed how you just ignored everyone's rebuttal and quoted yourself. So allow me to add my rebuttal again.

The Griz are 13-2 and in first place of the Big Sky. So what's your problem with DeCuire? That we lost 2 games to two very good Big Sky teams on the road? Man you must've really hated Coach K then...he was 10-4 in conference (2nd place behind NAU) in his best year here. You must've been even more pissed at Tinkle, who in his 4th year here (this is DeCuire's 4th) went 10-6 in conference & finished tied for 3rd with the cats.

It's tough to win on the road in the Big Sky, especially against good teams. Not many regular season champs have won the Big Sky with less than 2 losses, so bashing DeCuire as if this season has been some kind of disappointment with the Griz being 13-2 and still in 1st place is ridiculous.

cmtgrizzly said:
Potomac Griz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
CFallsGriz said:
No, dude...

Yeah pretty good. Looks to be nearly 50% from 3 after the first 10 minutes as well. Also quite acceptable. Idaho was 8-11 from 3 at one point in the second half and probably 9/12 or 9/13 afte the first half. Ridiculously good. They wont do that consistently.

I appreciate what you're saying and I can see the stats. What I'm talking about is a reliable mid-range jumper. Would just be a luxury to have a big man who could drain that 12-15 footer. Would be interesting to see what that actual% was.

Kudos to the spuds for the crazy 3 ball tonight and you are obviously correct in that it will not continue

CFallsGriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Potomac Griz said:
cmtgrizzly said:

I appreciate what you're saying and I can see the stats. What I'm talking about is a reliable mid-range jumper. Would just be a luxury to have a big man who could drain that 12-15 footer. Would be interesting to see what that actual% was.

You mean from the field for the game? Just over 47%. From three? 37.5%

If you mean from 12-15 feet. Dont know. Rorie hits quite a few jumpers from inside the arc and outside the paint. Noone else shoots them really. Oguine typically is attacking the rim or shooting outside.

cmtgrizzly said:
If you mean from 12-15 feet. Dont know. Rorie hits quite a few jumpers from inside the arc and outside the paint. Noone else shoots them really. Oguine typically is attacking the rim or shooting outside.

Some of the lack of shooting from the distance of which you speak is kind of a "lost art" thing.
The three ball has become such a dominant aspect that teams pound it down low to open up the three and visa versa with very little in between.

Potomac Griz said:
tourist said:
tourist said:

:lol: In the face of those who think he's the second coming. Great run before this week. Next.

I noticed how you just ignored everyone's rebuttal and quoted yourself. So allow me to add my rebuttal again.

The Griz are 13-2 and in first place of the Big Sky. So what's your problem with DeCuire? That we lost 2 games to two very good Big Sky teams on the road? Man you must've really hated Coach K then...he was 10-4 in conference (2nd place behind NAU) in his best year here. You must've been even more pissed at Tinkle, who in his 4th year here (this is DeCuire's 4th) went 10-6 in conference & finished tied for 3rd with the cats.

It's tough to win on the road in the Big Sky, especially against good teams. Not many regular season champs have won the Big Sky with less than 2 losses, so bashing DeCuire as if this season has been some kind of disappointment with the Griz being 13-2 and still in 1st place is ridiculous.

Sarcasm. Unbelievable season, shit ending.

cmtgrizzly said:

No doubt Oguine does it all. Just missing the days of a big man that could use his height advantage a few feet away from the rim. Akoh is a beast down low and rarely disappoints, too bad about the foul trouble

Back