• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz at Hoes Game thread

The Griz have 2 tough games ahead and what might be a good one with MSU..but they are on a losing streak, now.

tourist said:
Tell me again how great TD is... :roll:

13-2 in conference and in 1st place seems pretty good to me. Only losses being a road loss @EWU (it was a clunker of a game by the Griz I'll admit) and a tough OT 2 point road loss on a last second shot @Idaho.

Sac State comeback win may have been the high watermark point of season. Idaho no slouch but wonder if our best game was mid season

Rorie took a terrible, low percentage shot for the win. That was the indicator to me that this wasn't happening. That shots not falling all game and you take it for the win in regulation. Surprised Travis wasn't ripping him for that one. Maybe he did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously am I exaggerating when I think we lose at buzzer at 10 to 1 rate over last 25 yrs
Amazing how predictable it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve said for a long time their shooting isn’t good. People questioned it. I’m no pro, but looks like they’re shooting...isn’t good. Idaho shot lights out so can’t defend that. Poor shooting plus lights out equals loss. They played with a bit more pep this game vs the last couple weeks, but they look out of sync. I’ve used the word tired a bit as well, and they are tired.

tourist said:
The only thing I saw that he had anything to do with was playing for the last shot that has not worked for Um this year It would have been better to at least give Kriscovic or Oguine a chance to be fouled. And all they needed was one point. Going for the last shot has not worked well since it was put in the game It takes most teams out of their rythm when they need it most.

GrizLA said:
The Griz have 2 tough games ahead and what might be a good one with MSU..but they are on a losing streak, now.

Yeah, but at this point doesn't really matter anymore...the hope with starting 13-0 is that you could get into NCAA's with 12-13-14 seed with a punchers chance to make some noise. But with no more hosting conference tourney just got to get a top 4 spot and a bye and you've done as much as you can with the regular season

first11 said:
Sac State comeback win may have been the high watermark point of season. Idaho no slouch but wonder if our best game was mid season

In my opinion the Griz looked MUCH better this game than they did @EWU and against Sac at home. Those two games were clunkers....

It's encouraging to see that there was improvement offensively with the Griz against a very good Idaho team over what we saw against Sac and EWU. Instead of slow offense and chucking up contested 20+ threes the Griz worked to get better looks than they did against EWU.

GrizLA said:
tourist said:
The only thing I saw that he had anything to do with was playing for the last shot that has not worked for Um this year It would have been better to at least give Kriscovic or Oguine a chance to be fouled. And all they needed was one point. Going for the last shot has not worked well since it was put in the game It takes most teams out of their rythm when they need it most.

Exactly what I was telling my iPad...sweet, work in in for a layup/foul situation. Glad Rorie listened... :roll:

GrizLA said:
tourist said:

This is a tough road trip. The worst part of the road trip is that Idaho and EWU dont have to reciprocate. We'll see them in the tourney.

...to many alligator arm shots...
...clanging off the front rim...
... same at the charity line...

...fcuk idaho...

Potomac Griz said:
first11 said:

In my opinion the Griz looked MUCH better this game than they did @EWU and against Sac at home. Those two games were clunkers....

It's encouraging to see that there was improvement offensively with the Griz against a very good Idaho team over what we saw against Sac and EWU. Instead of slow offense and chucking up contested 20+ threes the Griz worked to get better looks than they did against EWU.

Agreed after the 1st quarter of the game we took better shots and (havent seen the stats) seems we shot reasonably well after that. Good enough to win but when a team shoots as well as they did, despite being contested, it is tough to win.

Don't look now, but Weber is 3rd in the country in the three pt shot that UM does not seem able to stop when it counts.

Back