• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz at EWU game thread

Not a bad loss, but shows certainly not head and shoulders above bigsky like record would suggest...we would be if we could shoot. Bad rebounding tonight and Griz need that to get extra looks at basket where EWU guys made the shots when they were wide open, leave any Griz wide open outside its still a toss up that it goes in. Not a crushing loss, but if your trying to stay off the 16 or 15 line it hurts a lot, can't lose again of they want a shot at 14 or 13 seed

rainbear14 said:
umm meant to say TD ...pissed and typing angry?
Got it..but MSU is leading Idaho...could it be that Weber can step in and play spoiler for the conference champ?

We knew if EWU -- which has been up and down all year -- got hot on their treys, the Griz could be in trouble. Well, the Eags shot nearly 44% from three point range. 'Nuf said.

(FWIW: Right now, MSU is up 6 on Idaho, but there's lots of time left.)

Anyway, Griz need to do better against the Spuds.

GO GRIZ! :egriz:

I rather would have lost to Idaho, if we had to lose 1 of the 2 games. Can someone please add some weight to the rock that Goldenshowers will be crawling out from under?

I've been saying it all season, the best way to challenge the GRIZ is to pack the paint and see if they can beat you from 3. That is exactly what EWU did. I'm surprised it took this long into the conference season for a team to actually stick with this strategy and beat the GRIZ. Maybe this loss, combined with the Sac scare, will be what is needed to get this team back over the hump and be the catalyst for winning the conference tournament.

I really do hope to see the GRIZ back to having Rorie, Oguine, Pridgett, and Falls penetrating, resulting in fouls, points, or open perimeter shots.

Here is to handling adversity and beating Idaho. #gogriz.

rainbear14 said:
the best part of this game is it will bring the rage & wisdom of TC , wake up the players that firing the 3's is not their game, and possibly, maybe, attack the glass again.Hate to lose but maybe a wake-up call is needed. Beat the spuds!

Couldn't agree more. In these past two games the Griz have not looked the same on offense as they did earlier in conference. Way too many 3s and a lot less of attacking the seams of a zone. That makes it easy for other teams. Zone and and collapse on Akoh, watch the Griz settle for 3s. The Griz aren't a bad 3 point shooting team in conference but when they live by the 3 it doesn't go well.

Griz are 4-5 when attempting 20 or more 3s. Griz are 14-1 when attempting less than 20 threes (Just D1 games).

This game, while disappointing is just one loss. Griz are still at the top of the Big Sky. Griz are perfectly capable of beating Idaho @Idaho and splitting on this road trip. Lets hope the Griz get back to being aggressive and attacking on offense instead of chucking up quick threes and not really attacking on offense.

thegrizguy said:
If I’m playing the Griz I’m making them shoot from the three-point line all game. Griz really need that guy that consistently hit threes.

I think it was more the Griz settled for threes than EWU making them shoot threes.

Idaho is almost a mirror image of EWU from what I've seen. Sanders is a very good player and Idaho is another team that throws up the 3 pretty well.

HelenaHandBasket said:
thegrizguy said:
If I’m playing the Griz I’m making them shoot from the three-point line all game. Griz really need that guy that consistently hit threes.

I think it was more the Griz settled for threes than EWU making them shoot threes.

Yup. Maybe the L against EWU will be a wakeup call. Being way too passive, being unwilling to attack the basket, frequently settle for 3s and slowing themselves down really on offense is just making it easy the other team's defense.

Very frustrating game to watch.

Team has been flirting with this a bit over the past two weeks. Sounds like they dont have the same energy as they did. Mentally and physically tired and at some point you are bound to lose one. Anyone can lose on the road to almost anyone. Need to find a way to get mentally recovered so we dont drop both games this week.

cmtgrizzly said:
Team has been flirting with this a bit over the past two weeks. Sounds like they dont have the same energy as they did. Mentally and physically tired and at some point you are bound to lose one. Anyone can lose on the road to almost anyone. Need to find a way to get mentally recovered so we dont drop both games this week.

Ive been saying that for a couple weeks. They look tired. Not sure why, but maybe a few extra minutes for the bench in the blowouts. Let’s hope they play better Saturday

HelenaHandBasket said:
thegrizguy said:

Yup. We decided to get into a three pointer contest with EWU and they won it.

Back