• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz at EWU game thread

So, now that the Griz need a 3 they stay under the basket...foul on Akoh..pretty much wraps this one up

Two games in a row the Griz have shot up 20 or more threes (against Sac at home we shot 22 and struggled on offense). That's not how the Griz were winning earlier in conference. Teams seem to be focusing entirely on trying to take away the paint from the Griz forcing outside shots. 5-20 from 3 tonight so far.

How does a place like EWU with no real history, no fan base, no reputation, manage to basically own UM in football and basketball? I understand Idaho, and MSU, but it takes a super recruiter to get the talent like Blizynuk...

GrizLA said:
How does a place like EWU with no real history, no fan base, no reputation, manage to basically own UM in football and basketball? I understand Idaho, and MSU, but it takes a super recruiter to get the talent like Blizynuk...

You are kind of out of touch aren't you....

GrizLA said:

Griz split the series with them last year (with Wright and Rorie not playing) so I wouldn't say they own the Griz in basketball. The Griz have done a good job this half on Bliznyuk too...the problem the Griz had this game in the 2nd half wasn't him killing us.

the best part of this game is it will bring the rage & wisdom of TC , wake up the players that firing the 3's is not their game, and possibly, maybe, attack the glass again.Hate to lose but maybe a wake-up call is needed. Beat the spuds!

If I’m playing the Griz I’m making them shoot from the three-point line all game. Griz really need that guy that consistently hit threes.

Potomac Griz said:
GrizLA said:

Griz split the series with them last year (with Wright and Rorie not playing) so I wouldn't say they own the Griz in basketball. The Griz have done a good job this half on Bliznyuk too...the problem the Griz had this game in the 2nd half wasn't him killing us.
A little bit of hyperbole, I confess, but EWU is a mystery on how they can turn out pretty good records. Even the fight song they use belongs to Stanford.

Back