• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gresch Jensen

Name one coach that has been offered a significantly higher paying job (especially from FCS to FBS), but didn't take it out of loyalty.

Back to topic, Jensen is going to be an excellent QB for us. Had a tough 2nd half and was very clearly getting rattled and frustrated. However, this was his first start and he did a lot of great things and led the offense to 41 points. He will only get better. I'm excited for him.

Seems like he got worse/more nervous as the game went on. Hopefully he can keep his anxiety in check because he makes better decisions when he does.

If the season fizzles out again and Stitt is gone then I would vote for Bobby. I do think he would consider coming back as one of his main complaints at the time was the shitty facilities other than WGS. I remember him saying on one of the coaches shows that he could not even get approval to paint his office so he felt there was no way in hell the player facility would improve. Bobby was a great recruiter but this made his job tougher. Now with the new Champions center who knows. Look at how many of his former players went on to the NFL, unfortunately too many went to jail here during the season to. That is what would keep him from the hire.
I don't blame him at all for leaving for better pay and maybe a move up, but it was only UNLV. Had he made a lateral move then to hell with him but he did not.
But would any of the current players work in his system??

If the season fizzles out again and Stitt is gone then I would vote for Bobby. I do think he would consider coming back as one of his main complaints at the time was the shitty facilities other than WGS. I remember him saying on one of the coaches shows that he could not even get approval to paint his office so he felt there was no way in hell the player facility would improve. Bobby was a great recruiter but this made his job tougher. Now with the new Champions center who knows. Look at how many of his former players went on to the NFL, unfortunately too many went to jail here during the season to. That is what would keep him from the hire.
I don't blame him at all for leaving for better pay and maybe a move up, but it was only UNLV. Had he made a lateral move then to hell with him but he did not.
Gresch played well I thought

Gresch is going to give Big Sky teams absolute fits for the next 4 seasons. He will be able to pick apart many defenses. For his first start, he was awesome and threw some absolute dimes.

Too bad, EWU or UM can't combine Grubrud (sp?) and Jensen. Grubrud was missing with overthrows, and Jensen with under throws. Consistent low throws are caused by a late release, or throwing with a pither's release. When an offense puts up over 400 yards and scores 41 points, it did it's job toward a victory.

mtgrizrule said:
Too bad, EWU or UM can't combine Grubrud (sp?) and Jensen. Grubrud was missing with overthrows, and Jensen with under throws. Consistent low throws are caused by a late release, or throwing with a pither's release. When an offense puts up over 400 yards and scores 41 points, it did it's job toward a victory.

Not if the other team scores 48. Ha. My view is that the offense didn't do enough and should have done more. Too many drops, missed tougher catches, 3/4 and outs, not picking up 4th downs, the bad pick, etc.

And the D didn't do enough either, nor the ST.

grizpsych said:
Seems like he got worse/more nervous as the game went on. Hopefully he can keep his anxiety in check because he makes better decisions when he does.

Ive heard some of the actors on Brazzers have this problem as well, it can lead to them losing their job in some cases due to performance anxiety.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Name one coach that has been offered a significantly higher paying job (especially from FCS to FBS), but didn't take it out of loyalty.

It's not that he shouldn't have taken the UNLV job, it's that once he quit UM, he should never have expected to get his old job back. Who quits a job and expects to get it back if things don't work out in the new job?

P.S. - Bobby currently makes over $200,000.

The_Real_Chief said:
grizpsych said:

Ive heard some of the actors on Brazzers have this problem as well, it can lead to them losing their job in some cases due to performance anxiety.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Liked his first start. Did not like Stitt's first time out in second half...it was a drive killer. If Stitt truly believes in Jensen and his game prep that time out should not have been called (couldn't have been a formation issue or personnel issue they don't change much in this offense). Jensen looked tight after time out. No respect for saving time outs in the second have costs teams opportunities at the end of the game.
I liked in the post game presser Gresh gave water to Tucker and tucker made sure Gresh got some also...no words were said, but the respect they showed each other spoke volumes.

AllWeatherFan said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

It's not that he shouldn't have taken the UNLV job, it's that once he quit UM, he should never have expected to get his old job back. Who quits a job and expects to get it back if things don't work out in the new job?

200,000 in San Diego? He's gonna live way more comfortably in Missoula :thumb:

To me, Gresch looked way better than Jordan Johnson did this early in his career. And JJ turned out to be a pretty good QB.

The_Real_Chief said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

200,000 in San Diego? He's gonna live way more comfortably in Missoula :thumb:

Unless he commutes from Temecula/Murrieta, lives in a villa with five acres of avocado trees, never has to snow blow, and rocks a year-round tan. Or, he could live in Poway on some acreage with horses about 30 minutes from campus if that's his thing. Both doable for around $1 million.

The_Real_Chief said:
grizpsych said:

What is this Brazzers you speak of ,I for one have never heard of it ;)

PlayerRep said:
Jensen played well in his first start in a big and tough game. Correct, UM doesn't have a qb problem. However, UM does have a redshirt frosh qb who is just beginning his career as starter. He threw fairly well, note the word fairly. He ran well. Fairly mobile in the pocket. He made some nice reads and decisions. I wish he would go down more when he runs; don't want to lose him. He appears to be a tough kid. It was an outstanding start for a young first-time starter.

However, let's be realistic. He was 25-49, or 51%. He threw an ill-advised and bad pick, at a critical time. This is when the game turned. EWU TD, pick, EWU TD--in 3 plays, I think.

Yes, there were some drops. The TD by 21. I believe the longer one to JLM in the northwest area of the field was actually stripped from him by the defender as he caught it, as the ball was a bit under thrown. Some of Jensen's throws were a bit off on swing passes and tougher to catch. And, I think Jensen had about 4 shorter throws, some over the middle, where after hesitation, he quickly threw a fairly hard pass with a quick or abbreviated throwing action. Sometimes, passes thrown like that are not easy to catch. Nevertheless, a good receiving corp playing well makes a majority of those catches.

And, the refs completely blew the call on a critical 3d or 4th down short pass to JLM in the northwest corner, when the defender hit JLM early and came over his back. The ref nearby on the sideline should be reprimanded. That was a blatant PI, and easy call.

And, later in the game, at a critical time if the team was going to come back, Jensen threw 4 straight incompletions. Some of those throws didn't look good.

He will be a very good qb over time, but, as I thought, it was too much to expect that he be an all-star who would not make any mistakes in his first start. Nevertheless, a tremendous effort and start for him, in my opinion, which I can see is shared by many of you.

:thumb:

TCCGRIZ said:
The_Real_Chief said:
grizpsych said:

What is this Brazzers you speak of ,I for one have never heard of it ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

HookedonGriz said:
Gresch is going to give Big Sky teams absolute fits for the next 4 seasons. He will be able to pick apart many defenses. For his first start, he was awesome and threw some absolute dimes.

Yes! Given the stage he was placed upon, he did a great job. Sure his youth and lack of big game time created a few issues. He did his best with the opportunities the offensive scheming allowed. The outcome of Saturday night not on him.

Back