• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gresch Jensen

RobGriz said:
NendzoneGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
I was talking about the one who quit. We're there two Bobbies?

Oh, I see. You think because he left he doesn't want to come back. I get it now.

He left us why do you want him back?

You've never left a job for a better paying job? Wow, you're one in a million.
I did not say I wanted him back, I just think he will be back. The guy I want has the initials "Robin Pflugrad". But I probably have a better chance of getting hired to coach here than he does.

I can't even begin to decipher those initials. Can you be more clear?

I was happy with Jensen as well. Looks like he needs to do a better job of setting his feet when he whips back to throw the ball in the flat and needs to have some more game time to stop the freshman mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For his first college start, and the pressure of EWU in town, GG did just fine. He's going to be a good one.
Coaching on the other hand........

Gresch was a star last night. He threw the kind of deep ball that will beat many a team in the future. Threw some bad short ones which I am sure he knows and will clean up with a very little practice. Was every deep ball perfect? No but almost all were good and the flight on the ball makes them very catchable. The receivers are going to love him in the long run and he will make them look good. He needs to stay healthy and learn the mental and leadership part of being the starting QB. He seems smart and humble and will learn those things as well if mentored correctly. Selle just might be the right guy for the job.

The whole team regresched in the second half. The ball to Taylor was awful good though. Would have helped keep things rolling. Game changed right there. I think EWU came down their next possession and beat Cowans for TD and the panic onset.

WE LOST SO JENSEN MUST TOTALLY SUCK!

This kid just hung 41 on the no. 11 team in FCS as a Freshman in his first ever start. The last freshman QB at Montana to put up that type of performance in his debut was... it was....ah, Wait a sec. I know this.... nobody.

Buttegrizzle said:

This kid just hung 42 on the no. 11 team in FCS as a Freshman in his first ever start. The last freshman QB at Montana to put up that type of performance in his debut was... it was....ah, Wait a sec. I know this.... nobody.

EWU is way over ranked. EWU has an absolutely putrid defense that rivals montanas ineptitude

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Buttegrizzle said:

This kid just hung 42 on the no. 11 team in FCS as a Freshman in his first ever start. The last freshman QB at Montana to put up that type of performance in his debut was... it was....ah, Wait a sec. I know this.... nobody.

EWU is way over ranked. EWU has an absolutely putrid defense that rivals montanas ineptitude

My point is we don't have a QB problem. Luckily, that position was well stocked.

Buttegrizzle said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Buttegrizzle said:

My point is we don't have a QB problem. Luckily, that position was well stocked.
Agreed. Gresch looked very, very good. It's unfortunate that his performance is overshadowed by the complete meltdown on the other side of the ball

CDAGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
NendzoneGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
Oh, I see. You think because he left he doesn't want to come back. I get it now.

He left us why do you want him back?

You've never left a job for a better paying job? Wow, you're one in a million.
I did not say I wanted him back, I just think he will be back. The guy I want has the initials "Robin Pflugrad". But I probably have a better chance of getting hired to coach here than he does.

I can't even begin to decipher those initials. Can you be more clear?

I could, but I don't want to give it away.

Gresch Jensen looks like a very promising QB to me. He is a good passer and is able to make first downs running when his receivers are covered. That is a valuable ability.

I would not want Hauck back. He abandoned UM for another college, and I don't want him back.

GrizRanger said:
Gresch Jensen looks like a very promising QB to me. He is a good passer and is able to make first downs running when his receivers are covered. That is a valuable ability.

I would not want Hauck back. He abandoned UM for another college, and I don't want him back.

Would you take Joe Glenn back?

Anyone that says they wouldn't leave a job for better wages is lying to themselves

RobGriz said:
GrizRanger said:

Anyone that says they wouldn't leave a job for better wages is lying to themselves
What if you only make $330k a year doing something you really like? So you turn down a$750k job doing something you wouldn't like?

Asking for a friend

Jensen played well in his first start in a big and tough game. Correct, UM doesn't have a qb problem. However, UM does have a redshirt frosh qb who is just beginning his career as starter. He threw fairly well, note the word fairly. He ran well. Fairly mobile in the pocket. He made some nice reads and decisions. I wish he would go down more when he runs; don't want to lose him. He appears to be a tough kid. It was an outstanding start for a young first-time starter.

However, let's be realistic. He was 25-49, or 51%. He threw an ill-advised and bad pick, at a critical time. This is when the game turned. EWU TD, pick, EWU TD--in 3 plays, I think.

Yes, there were some drops. The TD by 21. I believe the longer one to JLM in the northwest area of the field was actually stripped from him by the defender as he caught it, as the ball was a bit under thrown. Some of Jensen's throws were a bit off on swing passes and tougher to catch. And, I think Jensen had about 4 shorter throws, some over the middle, where after hesitation, he quickly threw a fairly hard pass with a quick or abbreviated throwing action. Sometimes, passes thrown like that are not easy to catch. Nevertheless, a good receiving corp playing well makes a majority of those catches.

And, the refs completely blew the call on a critical 3d or 4th down short pass to JLM in the northwest corner, when the defender hit JLM early and came over his back. The ref nearby on the sideline should be reprimanded. That was a blatant PI, and easy call.

And, later in the game, at a critical time if the team was going to come back, Jensen threw 4 straight incompletions. Some of those throws didn't look good.

He will be a very good qb over time, but, as I thought, it was too much to expect that he be an all-star who would not make any mistakes in his first start. Nevertheless, a tremendous effort and start for him, in my opinion, which I can see is shared by many of you.

RobGriz said:
GrizRanger said:

I currently have an offer for 25% more pay to go to work for another company. It's been a standing offer for 6 months now. More pay is not always the best reason to jump, sometimes things like job security, client relationships, and future potential of the company come into play much more.

PlayerRep said:
Jensen played well in his first start in a big and tough game. Correct, UM doesn't have a qb problem. However, UM does have a redshirt frosh qb who is just beginning his career as starter. He threw fairly well, note the word fairly. He ran well. Fairly mobile in the pocket. He made some nice reads and decisions. I wish he would go down more when he runs; don't want to lose him. He appears to be a tough kid. It was an outstanding start for a young first-time starter.

However, let's be realistic. He was 25-49, or 51%. He threw an ill-advised and bad pick, at a critical time. This is when the game turned. EWU TD, pick, EWU TD--in 3 plays, I think.

Yes, there were some drops. The TD by 21. I believe the longer one to JLM in the northwest area of the field was actually stripped from him by the defender as he caught it, as the ball was a bit under thrown. Some of Jensen's throws were a bit off on swing passes and tougher to catch. And, I think Jensen had about 4 shorter throws, some over the middle, where after hesitation, he quickly threw a fairly hard pass with a quick or abbreviated throwing action. Sometimes, passes thrown like that are not easy to catch. Nevertheless, a good receiving corp playing well makes a majority of those catches.

And, the refs completely blew the call on a critical 3d or 4th down short pass to JLM in the northwest corner, when the defender hit JLM early and came over his back. The ref nearby on the sideline should be reprimanded. That was a blatant PI, and easy call.

And, later in the game, at a critical time if the team was going to come back, Jensen threw 4 straight incompletions. Some of those throws didn't look good.

He will be a very good qb over time, but, as I thought, it was too much to expect that he be an all-star who would not make any mistakes in his first start. Nevertheless, a tremendous effort and start for him, in my opinion, which I can see is shared by many of you.

Agreed. GG will be a good one - he's only going to get better and better. A few bad drops (JLM was stripped on that one pass) and a few terribly timed, very bad or no calls by the refs didn't help much either. Can't blame the officials for a loss, but holy crap did they miss and/or make some horrible calls. Several of them should be reprimanded.

ordigger said:
RobGriz said:
GrizRanger said:

I currently have an offer for 25% more pay to go to work for another company. It's been a standing offer for 6 months now. More pay is not always the best reason to jump, sometimes things like job security, client relationships, and future potential of the company come into play much more.
I can see that, but you also aren't a head football coach. He had reached full potential here. Also, I would guess BH's pay raise from here to UNLV was more than 25%....substantially more.

Back