• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Glory Days............

The defense needs to step up, not the offense. For those of you out there too drunk to see, pay more attention to the game. If you are a true "Griz" fan you would watch the game unfold and not go for more beer!

RobGriz, why do you feel the need to have the last word no matter what anybody says? The thread has devolved into name calling and subtle threats for what reason? You seem incredibly emotionally invested in your opinion of the coaches and staff. Did you lose a bet? Was something promised to you by them? Terrorists holding your family hostage and if Stitt and crew aren't fired they will be killed? What validation are you looking for? I said early on that you may be right and the coaches and staff may not work out. It is also my opinion that the team is right on the edge of turning the corner.

CDAGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
Unable to keep up on his own, we see the weaker male resort to Will Ferrell videos on YouTube...
Meanwhile, Jim will go back to camp and make hot dogs for lunch.

Oh, man, do I wish I would have denounced Stitt to save face around here. Welp, no ragrets.

It's ok. You've proven repeatedly that you don't know shit about football so you can always use that as your fallback position.

Ha! Joke's on you, pal. I know enough to know that we don't even have a bruising fallback in this offense.

Buss was a running back ? Damn wish he still was. Can you just see him in that fullback position.

RobGriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Fletch is one of my favorites! Great reference

When someone can't actually talk about the subject, in this case football, I guess Chevy Chase movies can't be a bad way to go.
Perhaps CDA dropping Encino Man references would have been more apropos.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

fanofzoo said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Oh, man, do I wish I would have denounced Stitt to save face around here. Welp, no ragrets.

It's ok. You've proven repeatedly that you don't know shit about football so you can always use that as your fallback position.

Ha! Joke's on you, pal. I know enough to know that we don't even have a bruising fallback in this offense.

Buss was a running back ? Damn wish he still was. Can you just see him in that fullback position.
Buss was a great HS tailback. I suspect he would be our best RB had they gone that way. But Stitt seems to like the tiny RBs. But think where our defense would be without him. OMG

kemajic said:
fanofzoo said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:

Buss was a great HS tailback. I suspect he would be our best RB had they gone that way. But Stitt seems to like the tiny RBs. But think where our defense would be without him. OMG

Probably right with no o line for him.

AZGrizFan said:
BillingsMafia said:
This team is not good. When posters say 6 and 5 which 4 teams will the Griz beat? Maybe North Dakota.
The players cant tackle. Receivers can't catch. Seems team speed is way below normal.
We need a new coach. There has been no improvement since Stitt has been here. Cats have improved, ISU has improved with a first year coach, EWU is still very good. WSU is tough. Are you really looking forward to the ass kicking the cats are going to give us. I'm sick of if.

4-7 last year
1-3 this year

Please explain to me how the cats have improved. I must have missed the memo.
I watched murry run on north dakota. they are better than last year. there is your memo.

BillingsMafia said:
AZGrizFan said:
BillingsMafia said:
This team is not good. When posters say 6 and 5 which 4 teams will the Griz beat? Maybe North Dakota.
The players cant tackle. Receivers can't catch. Seems team speed is way below normal.
We need a new coach. There has been no improvement since Stitt has been here. Cats have improved, ISU has improved with a first year coach, EWU is still very good. WSU is tough. Are you really looking forward to the ass kicking the cats are going to give us. I'm sick of if.

4-7 last year
1-3 this year

I watched murry run on north dakota. they are better than last year. there is your memo.

And I think you're adding a loss. Bobcats are 1-2, and 1-1 against FCS competition, both games against ranked opponents.

You (AZ) should watch a game. Cats don't look anything like they did last year.

I would say it's a little early to call an ass kicking, but I certainly wouldn't underestimate this year's Cats team.

DriscollCat said:
BillingsMafia said:
AZGrizFan said:
BillingsMafia said:

4-7 last year
1-3 this year

And I think you're adding a loss. Bobcats are 1-2, and 1-1 against FCS competition, both games against ranked opponents.

You (AZ) should watch a game. Cats don't look anything like they did last year.

I would say it's a little early to call an ass kicking, but I certainly wouldn't underestimate this year's Cats team.

If Murray is healthy for Catgrizz (Knock on wood), I like our chances. He's a game changer through the air and running the ball.

BillingsMafia said:
AZGrizFan said:
BillingsMafia said:

4-7 last year
1-3 this year

Oh, well nevermind then. Guess they're gonna run the table if they beat UND.

AZGrizFan said:
BillingsMafia said:
AZGrizFan said:
BillingsMafia said:

4-7 last year
1-3 this year

Oh, well nevermind then. Guess they're gonna run the table if they beat UND.

Seriously doubt that. Unfortunately we'll probably lose two more games, maybe three but who knows. Weber is a HUGE test this weekend and unfortunately if someone made me put money down on that game I'd take Weebs in a close one. Then I'd take EWU on the red grass, and given how young we are we'll probably drop one more.

b_f_c_99 said:
Cue up the Boss! After spending way to much time on this forum I'm starting to think we are all suffering from Glory Days Syndrome. This isn't Don Reads era, its nor Bobby Hauk's era, it is the present, wanting, wishing or EXPECTING it to be something its not is pointless. There was a poster on here from Eastern that said your fan base is old, well I'm certain the membership of egriz is old, do you really think the kids in school now follow this? Hell facebook is yesterday for them.

I was 19 years old when Don Read was hired, was waiting tables at the Sheraton where they had breakfast club, worked those breakfasts. Bunch of old guys would go in there every week, bitch and complain about what a moron Don was. He would listen nod and smile, explain the direction of where they were trying to get blah blah. Then they started making the playoffs, then get a little further, then have a set back for a year then get a little further. All the while the old guys bitched and complained. Then a magical thing happened, Dave Dickinson arrived and all the pieces fell into place, and the complainers didn't even see it coming, they wanted to fire him EVERY year.

That was my grizzly team, and it was super cool watching it happen. Hauck came along and I hated everything he did I turned into a complainer wanting my glory days back. Well shame on me, Hauck was just different and I didn't like it. He should have won a couple of NC's but he didn't move on.

Stitt and this era are here now, and it reminds me of Don Read, the magic is right around the corner and we're all to busy bitching to see it. But I'm sure we will all be yapping about how we had faith the whole time afterwards..............

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Back