• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Furman DT dies

HLNGriz

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39493249/furman-bryce-stanfield-dies-2-days-collapsing-workout

Sad news

https://nypost.com/2024/02/09/sports/furman-defensive-tackle-bryce-stanfield-dead-at-21/

Another article.

I'm pretty sure I sat with and talked to his parents in the Missoula airport after the playoff game on Sunday. Very nice parents. In this article, I recognize the parents, I think. Their son was a junior d-lineman and backup with a high 90's number. After the game, I had noticed a d-lineman going around the field talking to Furman players who were bummed and down on one knee. I mentioned this to the parents, and they said their son, a junior, had been going around talking to senior d-lineman and others who were down on one knee. They were so proud of their son. What a bummer.

mthoopsfan said:
https://nypost.com/2024/02/09/sports/furman-defensive-tackle-bryce-stanfield-dead-at-21/

Another article.

I'm pretty sure I sat with and talked to his parents in the Missoula airport after the playoff game on Sunday. Very nice parents. In this article, I recognize the parents, I think. Their son was a junior d-lineman and backup with a high 90's number. After the game, I had noticed a d-lineman going around the field talking to Furman players who were bummed and down on one knee. I mentioned this to the parents, and they said their son, a junior, had been going around talking to senior d-lineman and others who were down on one knee. They were so proud of their son. What a bummer.

Extremely Sad news at Furman. Sending condolences to the Stanfield family.

Connect the dots. Does anybody recall daily reports of healthy athletes and young people dying of sudden death prior to the Covid vaccine rollout? There were prominent academic cardiologists and immunologists warning about the potential for this from the beginning. Now Moderna has finally admitted that there are significant problems with vaccine, which has never been fully authorized and didn’t undergo the scrutiny any new drug requires. We are now also seeing a drastic spike in cancer rates among the young and a soaring ‘excess death rate’ in our population.

montanaguy said:
Connect the dots. Does anybody recall daily reports of healthy athletes and young people dying of sudden death prior to the Covid vaccine rollout? There were prominent academic cardiologists and immunologists warning about the potential for this from the beginning. Now Moderna has finally admitted that there are significant problems with vaccine, which has never been fully authorized and didn’t undergo the scrutiny any new drug requires. We are now also seeing a drastic spike in cancer rates among the young and a soaring ‘excess death rate’ in our population.

Good grief! Conspiracy theorists abound. As my spouse just noted, "We have been hearing these stories for years. So sad." Besides, you have NO idea if this young man had received Covid vaccinations or not. Don't make things up to fit your agenda, please.

'68griz said:
montanaguy said:

Good grief! Conspiracy theorists abound. As my spouse just noted, "We have been hearing these stories for years. So sad." Besides, you have NO idea if this young man had received Covid vaccinations or not. Don't make things up to fit your agenda, please.

“Conspiracy theorists” are batting a thousand over the past 4-5 years, so theres that.

And if you have another explanation for a 30% increase in deaths among healthy young adults I’d love to hear it.

Denial is a river in Egypt. Feel horrible for his family.

I have no explanations, as I'm not a trained scientist who studies such issues, and I also doubt your 30% figure. I do know that Covid vaccines saved probably millions of lives, and I will go with that.

'68griz said:
I have no explanations, as I'm not a trained scientist who studies such issues, and I also doubt your 30% figure. I do know that Covid vaccines saved probably millions of lives, and I will go with that.

I doubt your saved millions of lives figure.

AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:

“Conspiracy theorists” are batting a thousand over the past 4-5 years, so theres that.

And if you have another explanation for a 30% increase in deaths among healthy young adults I’d love to hear it.

So…5G is making us sick?

'68griz said:

Doubt it all you want but it exists. Scientists claim they don’t have any explanation either. Nobody wants to be the first to determine a causal relationship between the jab and sudden deaths of otherwise young, healthy people.

And how do you know vaccines saved lives? All they did was change DNA. No big deal, right?

BozAngelesGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

So…5G is making us sick?

Don’t know that one, sorry.

The vaccine debate is a political one. It belongs in politics. If you want to debate the efficacy of mRNA vaccines, I’m sure you could get a spirited one there.

Regardless of how you THINK a kid passed away, this is neither the time nor the place for it.

My heart goes out to that kids family. Any death is a tragedy, but someone so young and vibrant makes it doubly so.

AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:

The answer is that there hasn't been a 30% increase in deaths among healthy young adults since covid vaccines came on the scene. That's not true. Another conspiracy theory that isn't true. Mortality rates in younger adults started going up in 2010.

Here's a study of young athletes. I assume you've seen all the BS on how many young athletes have died too.

"It beggars belief, but I still sometimes hear people claim that waves of young athletes have died suddenly after being vaccinated. It is a pervasive hoax and still repeated by people to express doubts about the safety of the COVID-19 vaccines. Fortunately, we don’t have to speculate about whether young athletes are dying or not. We can simply check.

A recent publication in the journal Circulation has documented trends in sudden cardiac death in young athletes over the past 20 years. They reviewed records from the NCAA, the Parent Heart Watch Database, the National Center for Catastrophic Sports Injury Research and insurance claims. The student athletes had to be enrolled in Division 1, 2 or 3 schools in the U.S. and play at least one varsity sport.

This report is important for a number of reasons. It demonstrates that sudden death among athletes is fairly rare. Over 20 years, there were 1,102 deaths in these student athletes, with sudden cardiac death being the cause in 143 cases. Sadly, accidents, suicide and homicide still made the majority of deaths in this age group.

More important, the incidence of sudden cardiac death among athletes has gone down over the past 20 years. It has not been increasing and there was no spike in cases after the introduction of the vaccine."

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/medical-general-science/athletes-vaccines-and-cardiac-deaths

alabamagrizzly said:
'68griz said:

I doubt your saved millions of lives figure.

Yes, saved millions of lifes. Google it. Studies and articles vary, but they are all in the millions.

"The global COVID-19 vaccination campaign saved 2.4 million lives in 141 countries and could have saved about 670,000 more had the vaccines been distributed equitably, according to a working paper from the USC Schaeffer Center for Health Policy & Economics and Brown University."

https://healthpolicy.usc.edu/article/covid-vaccine-lives-saved-study/

"Based on reported COVID‐19 deaths, vaccinations prevented an estimated 14.4 million deaths (95% credible interval [Crl] 13.7–15.9) from COVID‐19 in a year. However, if excess deaths were used, this estimate rose to 19.8 million (95% Crl 19.1–20.4) deaths prevented (Fig. 1), equating to a global reduction of 63% in total deaths (19.8 million of 31.4 million) during the first year of COVID‐19 vaccination. Delivery of vaccines to low‐income countries has been far lower than promised. 2 In COVID‐19 Vaccines Global Access (COVAX) Advance Market Commitment countries, an estimated 7.4 million [95% Crl 6.8–7.7] of 17.9 million excess deaths were prevented, but millions more lives could have been saved with better coverage."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9537923/

AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:

Doubt it all you want but it exists. Scientists claim they don’t have any explanation either. Nobody wants to be the first to determine a causal relationship between the jab and sudden deaths of otherwise young, healthy people.

And how do you know vaccines saved lives? All they did was change DNA. No big deal, right?

Show us your stats on 30% increase in younger people deaths. So I can shoot it down. Thx.

"it's being driven by an increase in death rates in young and middle-aged adults 25 to 64. And most of those relate to the problems of drug overdoses, suicides, alcohol related causes. These are sometimes called deaths of despair, but also cardiometabolic diseases like diabetes and other conditions caused by obesity." https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/why-mortality-for-young-americans-is-increasing-at-an-alarming-rate

"For decades, advances in healthcare and safety steadily drove down death rates among American children. In an alarming reversal, rates have now risen to the highest level in nearly 15 years, particularly driven by homicides, drug overdoses, car accidents and suicides." Wall St. Journal.

Deaths/mortality rates began increasing in the US in 2010, well ahead of covid vaccines. "The recent decrease in US life expectancy culminates a period of increasing cause-specific mortality among adults ages 25–64 years that began in the 1990s, ultimately producing an increase in all-cause mortality that began in 2010." NIH.

"Young and middle-aged adults (25-64 years old) in the U.S. have been dying at higher rates since 2010, according to a new report from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. High and Rising Mortality Rates Among Working-Age Adults says that rising death rates are striking working-age Americans, whose risk of dying from certain conditions — such as drug overdoses or hypertensive heart disease — has been climbing since the 1990s." https://www.nationalacademies.org/news/2021/03/death-rates-rising-among-middle-aged-and-younger-americans-report-recommends-urgent-national-response

Back