• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

From a Cat fan, please Hire Hauck!

Hippies rule said:
I would love to see Hauck get the job. Bring him back!

Well Mr. Hippies rule I'll bet your're surprised that the Griz AD took your advice. Personally I would have preferred Pflugrad, but will take your man Hauck over our prior coach Stitt. Thanks for your advice.

Do you have any other suggestions to improve our Griz football program.

HookedonGriz said:
I live in bozeman and have a crap ton of Bobcat fans who are buddies. Every single one of them said the last guy they want the Griz to hire is Hauck. They all know he is a winner, instantly improves the Griz, and absolutely hate his disrespect towards the cats.

Yup

This is why the kittens hate Hauck so much... quotes like this. :thumb: :D

BWahlberg said:
Griz Nation wasn't blessed with this quote until months after the game. In early 2008 touting his latest recruiting class Bobby Hauck was showing a recap video of the 2007 season, which featured a big win over the Bobcats where the field was turned into a bog but Lex Hilliard still ran all over them.

Hauck, on the game;

I wish there were a 5th quarter in that game so we could kick their ass some more!

I watched a bit of the Coaches interviews and liked the fact that he realizes next year's team needs bigger and stronger linemen and that wiil be where he concentrates his recruiting efforts. The 62 with overpowering defensive linemen destroys any option team. The special team coach flips everything this year and I bet he recruits a long snapper.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
I watched a bit of the Coaches interviews and liked the fact that he realizes next year's team needs bigger and stronger linemen and that wiil be where he concentrates his recruiting efforts. The 62 with overpowering defensive linemen destroys any option team. The special team coach flips everything this year and I bet he recruits a long snapper.

Cat grad,
You’re a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to football. What’s your opinion of Hauck? I know Beau Baldwin always said that the best coach he went against in the BSC during his time at Eastern was Bobby Hauck.

info said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Cat grad,
You’re a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to football. What’s your opinion of Hauck? I know Beau Baldwin always said that the best coach he went against in the BSC during his time at Eastern was Bobby Hauck.

He's very detail oriented. Think of how many games his teams won because of special team play and defense. Not sure how many offensive linemen he coached played in the NFL but I recall some but the thing I appreciated most about him were all the small school kids his teams had from all over Montana.

I think he's just right for the present time given the existing condition of the athletic program and the public perception of the school and community. Anybody who was raised in this state understands that we all get together when outside forces are kicking whoever is down, stop the bleeding and then go back to our petty little Cat-Griz bickering.

He knows enough people all over the country that the gaps that existed on the last few teams will be filled with exceptional athletes. Recognizing talent, preparing the kids to be successful and understanding how to keep the kids focused were the things I was always amazed about watching his teams. There was a balance in all three phases of his teams that complimented each other instead of undue focus on statistics for individual athletes to the overall detriment of the team success as reflected in the only stat that mattered, the final score.

I don't think I ever saw one of his defenses have to be on the field most of the game because the offense wasn't able to control the ball and manage the clock.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
info said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Cat grad,

He's very detail oriented. Think of how many games his teams won because of special team play and defense. Not sure how many offensive linemen he coached played in the NFL but I recall some but the thing I appreciated most about him were all the small school kids his teams had from all over Montana.

I think he's just right for the present time given the existing condition of the athletic program and the public perception of the school and community. Anybody who was raised in this state understands that we all get together when outside forces are kicking whoever is down, stop the bleeding and then go back to our petty little Cat-Griz bickering.

He knows enough people all over the country that the gaps that existed on the last few teams will be filled with exceptional athletes. Recognizing talent, preparing the kids to be successful and understanding how to keep the kids focused were the things I was always amazed about watching his teams. There was a balance in all three phases of his teams that complimented each other instead of undue focus on statistics for individual athletes to the overall detriment of the team success as reflected in the only stat that mattered, the final score.

I don't think I ever saw one of his defenses have to be on the field most of the game because the offense wasn't able to control the ball and manage the clock.

This^^^

Hauck was always able to get the 4-5 out of state kids with exceptional athleticism and skill that always put the teams into championship level teams...but was the most succesful with finding a couple of the small school montana kids that filled the gaps...played huge roles on special teams, which those kids really did embrace.

When the next level talent on the Hauck led teams needed that extra push and heart to get the win...those small school Montana boys filled that portion of the team.

The combination of both heart and attention to detail was a magical thing with Bobbys old teams...I hope he picks up right where he left off.

Back