• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Five Beers to Try Before I Die

the best beer to try is one that you have from a street vendor, in a place that is culturally foreign to you.

Allezchat said:
Hand toasted coconut
6df7cf8dbe1161811e1f8e1b34fb1b62.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

:thumb:

Allezchat said:
RobGriz said:
Paytonlives said:
Don’t know the name of it but there is a beer in Hawaii made with coconuts.

Koko Brown Ale-Kona Brewing
Maui brewing coconut Porter. Comes in a can. I was in Maui in July and got a bottle of the imperial. Snuck two of them back in my checked baggage. I haven't opened them yet. But if you want to celebrate a bobcat win Saturday I could open one up......

Noone tried the freezeout from kettle house yet?

If you want to drink one beer for every Kitten victory in the last 30 years, you only need a Six Pack... :thumb: You'll have to drink something good like Black Butte Porter to even make it worth it.

So....Titlest....you have a handle on what good beer is and we seem to like similar beers. Want to bet something on cat/griz this year? I can put up a double black butte 21. That was bottled in 2009. Or a bourbon county from 2014. That year was 12 oz bottles. Or I have some of the rogues that come in ceramic bottles. I don't remember what style I have but I want to say bottled in 2007. Or a Brother Thelonius in a 22 oz bottle from around 2005-2007. I'll throw in 12 oz bottle of anchor Christmas from 2009 in addition to which ever you choose. I just found a 6 pack the other day at my buddies that I stashed in his basement. You make a like wager. Winner gets the other's bottle.

Anyone tasted the Phillipsburg Pumpkin Barleywine? I have three bottles but haven't opened it yet. Canadian Breakfast Stout comes out tomorrow and Bourbon County next week. I guess we are getting the coffee one because the normal one came in with an abv too high to sell in MT. And the New Belgium Geisha comes out soon. That should be about a $45 bottle.

Let's see I have yet to try all of them but in the last few months I've bought the Stone Crime from 2016(peppered ale aged in bourbon barrels), the 2016 Stone Southern Charred (Double bastard aged in bourbon barrels), O'dell Pyrus and Prunus(pear and peach sour), O'dell Meddler Old Bruin ale, O'dell Lugene Whiskey barrel aged chocolate milk stout, O'dell Green Coyote Tomatillo sour, O'dell Ten Paces wild huckleberry ale, Founders backwoods bastard(the barrel aged version of the Dirty Bastard), Oskar Blues Hotbox coffee ipa, Oskar Blues Ten Fidy imperial stout, the new Abyss aged in tequila barrels and the Abyss aged in rum barrels. Really have been liking the Firestone Walker Leo vs Ursus. The green one is awesome. I've been liking the Founders goses too. I really need to become an alcoholic and drink more so I can catch up on all this stuff.....

You know just realized that the Leo(lion) vs Ursus(bear) is the perfect beer for cat/griz. And they are awesome beers. I think I'll make sure my tailgate has a few 4-pks.

I'm sure Az will hate this too but I had a Griz Lager with dinner tonight, was pretty decent but a little lighter than I usually get. And no it wasn't in Bozeman.

CatsTruckGriz said:
I'm sure Az will hate this too but I had a Griz Lager with dinner tonight, was pretty decent but a little lighter than I usually get. And no it wasn't in Bozeman.

How can I hate it? I haven’t had the pleasure of trying one yet.

AZGrizFan said:
CatsTruckGriz said:

I was actually surprised to see it on tap, I'm a long ways from Missoula right now.

CatsTruckGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
CatsTruckGriz said:

I was actually surprised to see it on tap, I'm a long ways from Missoula right now.

On tap in Montana? Or somewhere outside of Montana?

Allezchat said:
So....Titlest....you have a handle on what good beer is and we seem to like similar beers. Want to bet something on cat/griz this year? I can put up a double black butte 21. That was bottled in 2009. Or a bourbon county from 2014. That year was 12 oz bottles. Or I have some of the rogues that come in ceramic bottles. I don't remember what style I have but I want to say bottled in 2007. Or a Brother Thelonius in a 22 oz bottle from around 2005-2007. I'll throw in 12 oz bottle of anchor Christmas from 2009 in addition to which ever you choose. I just found a 6 pack the other day at my buddies that I stashed in his basement. You make a like wager. Winner gets the other's bottle.

God damn, you have some fantastic beers in storage, it sounds like! Probably much like what PolsonGrizz stashed away. I'd have to look and see if I have anything comparable to what you've got stashed to bet on this. Feel free to PM me.

AZGrizFan said:
Explain to me why anyone would want to drink a beer bottled TEN years ago?

Why are you like this?

MrTitleist said:
Allezchat said:

God damn, you have some fantastic beers in storage, it sounds like! Probably much like what PolsonGrizz stashed away. I'd have to look and see if I have anything comparable to what you've got stashed to bet on this. Feel free to PM me.

AZGrizFan said:
Explain to me why anyone would want to drink a beer bottled TEN years ago?

Why are you like this?

:lol: :lol: I just enjoy settin’ ‘Em on a tee for ya, bud. :D

I have fond memories of Red Hook. Ya, ya. I know it's lost amongst the 12,000 micros in todays world but I remember when that shit came out I was in love with it, and it had very little competition. Maybe it had something to do with my gal at the time.

#nostalgia

That's all I got. Was just tired of the Hauck threads.

Back