• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

First Day of Full Pads

uofmman1122 said:
eGriz Nov 2017: “Man, that sucked, but Gresch is a phenomenal QB. I can’t believe we got a kid this good to come here. We’re easily set at QB for the next three years. IN GRESCH WE TRUST!”

eGriz March 2018: “Gresch has some flaws in his passes, he guides his mid range passes too much, etc. He’s probably injured, anyways. I’m really excited about this kid that couldn’t make it at football powerhouse UNLV, who I’ve never actually seen play at this level. His high school tape looks really great. Hauck brought him here, so he’s probably our best bet.”

Never change, eGriz. :lol:

Always assume that just because a Rs-FR player is given a starting position due to injury that he will hold onto that position for the following three seasons, even though new talent/challengers arrive to the team (be it in transfers or high school).

Never change, eGriz. :laugh: :lol:

I mean, it’s also really funny that a lot of the people hyping Sneed and hinting that he’s going to beat out Jensen are the same people who saw Caleb Hill in the spring game and wanted him to start.

I’m sure it’s unrelated, though.

I get it, it's his highlight tape but holy cow if he's really as good as it seems look out. I think he just might be the guy who makes a special season for Montana big arm and mobile could/should be a handful for all the teams they face .it will be interesting between him and jensen, I know who I would be rooting for. Good luck next season.

IntuitiveGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
eGriz Nov 2017: “Man, that sucked, but Gresch is a phenomenal QB. I can’t believe we got a kid this good to come here. We’re easily set at QB for the next three years. IN GRESCH WE TRUST!”
eGriz March 2018: “Gresch has some flaws in his passes, he guides his mid range passes too much, etc. He’s probably injured, anyways. I’m really excited about this kid that couldn’t make it at football powerhouse UNLV, who I’ve never actually seen play at this level. His high school tape looks really great. Hauck brought him here, so he’s probably our best bet.”
FBS tape, as R-FR, looks not too shabby either. And it's against the Mountain West, not the bottom of the Big Sky Conference. And I never said he's probably our best bet. I am for whoever wins the competition.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKDPNRFlTi8[/youtube]
Keeping it real, the highlight tape must show every one of his completions. in 2016 for UNLV, Sneed was 39 of 88 (44.3%) for 632 yards, 5 TDs, 2 ints, 3 sacks. He rushed for 348 and one TD in 57 attempts (6.1 ave.). Poor completion percentage aside, the kid showed the speed, mobility, arm and field vision of a great prospect, especially for FCS.

kemajic said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
FBS tape, as R-FR, looks not too shabby either. And it's against the Mountain West, not the bottom of the Big Sky Conference. And I never said he's probably our best bet. I am for whoever wins the competition.
Keeping it real, the highlight tape must show every one of his completions. in 2016 for UNLV, Sneed was 39 of 88 (44.3%) for 632 yards, 5 TDs, 2 ints, 3 sacks. He rushed for 348 and one TD in 57 attempts (6.1 ave.). Poor completion percentage aside, the kid showed the speed, mobility, arm and field vision of a great prospect, especially for FCS.

Take away the one rush for about 98 yards and rushind stats are not very special

Agree with Kem. You have to take highlight videos with a grain of salt. The numbers aren't great and he wasn't able to keep the job.

Still talented and very athletic with a strong arm, but to call him the next big thing based off of highlight videos, is probably the wrong way to assess him.

Jensen proved himself as one of the best young QBs in the FCS. If Snead is good enough to beat him, that will say a lot about Snead. He has a lot to prove to do that though IMO.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Agree with Kem. You have to take highlight videos with a grain of salt. The numbers aren't great and he wasn't able to keep the job.

Still talented and very athletic with a strong arm, but to call him the next big thing based off of highlight videos, is probably the wrong way to assess him.

Jensen proved himself as one of the best young QBs in the FCS. If Snead is good enough to beat him, that will say a lot about Snead. He has a lot to prove to do that though IMO.
Exactly.

uofmman1122 said:
I mean, it’s also really funny that a lot of the people hyping Sneed and hinting that he’s going to beat out Jensen are the same people who saw Caleb Hill in the spring game and wanted him to start.

...this kid has some serious talent and will challenge Jensen for QB..this not Hill hes on a another level..
rosen and hauck brought him here for a reason not unless you don't think they know talent...this is
competition you want to see especially at QB.

grizghost said:
uofmman1122 said:

...this kid has some serious talent and will challenge Jensen for QB..this not Hill hes on a another level..
rosen and hauck brought him here for a reason not unless you don't think they know talent...this is
Probably because we only had two total QBs on the roster when they got here?

I’m all for competition. And hell, if Snead wins the job, that’s great, and he must be really awesome, because Jensen proved to be a really awesome QB last season, and I personally don’t think he’s gonna lose his starting job.

Some people seem to be selling Gresch extremely short, though. That’s all I’m saying.

uofmman1122 said:
grizghost said:
uofmman1122 said:

I’m all for competition. And hell, if Snead wins the job, that’s great, and he must be really awesome, because Jensen proved to be a really awesome QB last season, and I personally don’t think he’s gonna lose his starting job.

Some people seem to be selling Gresch extremely short, though. That’s all I’m saying.
I haven't seen that at all. We know Gresch is a STUD. The concern is that we moved our backup to tight end (a good move), Reese is moving on, and we need competition. Naturally, people observe new prospects and it seems the qb we brought in is a gamer, and after the moaning about Robinson decommiting, who likely never wanted to be here, I think we came out on the good end. Doesn't matter who starts, we need a minumum of two dependable qbs and another emergergency option. If Sneed's not legitimately challenging Jensen then we're very thin and that is a weakness beyond any o-line, safety, corner discrepancy. However, folks are hoping we do in fact have AT LEAST two capable stud qbs on our roster to help this team out. I hope Graves shows flashes in a year or so and gets some hype too. It's a good thing!

uofmman1122 said:
grizghost said:
uofmman1122 said:

Yeah totally agree. Jensen hasn’t even been out there for 11 on 11s yet according to media reports. Once he gets out there I think he’ll take over because of his chemistry built and he’s a smart guy that can pick up an offense quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uofmman1122 said:
Just as some are putting him on an unrealistic pedistal. He had a very nice RS frosh season, but can you point to one quality win he delivered? There is as much unproven with Gresch as there is with Sneed. I think they are both very good for this level and we will need them both before the year is out.

Ursus1 said:
kemajic said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
Keeping it real, the highlight tape must show every one of his completions. In 2016 for UNLV, Sneed was 39 of 88 (44.3%) for 632 yards, 5 TDs, 2 ints, 3 sacks. He rushed for 348 and one TD in 57 attempts (6.1 ave.). Poor completion percentage aside, the kid showed the speed, mobility, arm and field vision of a great prospect, especially for FCS.
Take away the one rush for about 98 yards and rushind stats are not very special
And you would take that away, why? It was not a fluke; it showed unusual talent. Pretty sure Gresch couldn't have made that run. GJ had 203 yards in 53 attempts (3.8 ave.) against much weaker competition.

kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
Some people seem to be selling Gresch extremely short, though.
I think they are both very good for this level and we will need them both before the year is out.

Amen. When was the last time one QB made it through the season wire to wire? May well see contributions from all three before the season ends.

kemajic said:
Ursus1 said:
kemajic said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Keeping it real, the highlight tape must show every one of his completions. In 2016 for UNLV, Sneed was 39 of 88 (44.3%) for 632 yards, 5 TDs, 2 ints, 3 sacks. He rushed for 348 and one TD in 57 attempts (6.1 ave.). Poor completion percentage aside, the kid showed the speed, mobility, arm and field vision of a great prospect, especially for FCS.
And you would take that away, why? It was not a fluke; it showed unusual talent. Pretty sure Gresch couldn't have made that run. GJ had 203 yards in 53 attempts (3.8 ave.) against much weaker competition.

Haven't done a lot of advanced statistics work have you....outliers have a lot more impact on the mean (average). The median and mode would be a much better numbers to look at to gauge overall effectiveness. Don't want to get into how many standard deviations it is, but easy to see an outlier.

Then again you might be a person more prone to buy an album from a group with a one hit wonder than a group with overall good music than I would....

kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
Just as some are putting him on an unrealistic pedistal. He had a very nice RS frosh season, but can you point to one quality win he delivered? There is as much unproven with Gresch as there is with Sneed. I think they are both very good for this level and we will need them both before the year is out.
:lol:

Ok. :roll:

Ursus1 said:
kemajic said:
Ursus1 said:
kemajic said:

Haven't done a lot of advanced statistics work have you....outliers have a lot more impact on the mean (average). The median and mode would be a much better numbers to look at to gauge overall effectiveness. Don't want to get into how many standard deviations it is, but easy to see an outlier.

Then again you might be a person more prone to buy an album from a group with a one hit wonder than a group with overall good music than I would....

Used statistics and logic to make a point! I think this was my favorite post of the day. Thank you. :thumb:

AZDoc said:
Ursus1 said:
kemajic said:
Ursus1 said:

Used statistics and logic to make a point! I think this was my favorite post of the day. Thank you. :thumb:

Thanks.... instead of the one hit wonder analogy, I almost went with choosing to hire a "coach who invented the fly sweep over one that pound teams into submission and dominated the big sky for years" but the pain is still too much to go there.....

kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:

...great point we need them both...it's great position to be in :thumb:

Back