• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Damn.........

argh! said:
AllWeatherFan said:
I think we all agree that 7-4 will no longer cut it. I'm glad Griz fans' expectations are high and are consistent.

what he said.

I disagree. What we know is: losing to the Cats 2 years in a row, not making the playoffs 2 years in a row, being 8-8 in the conference, having attendance decline by a few thousand per game, not having many first team all conference players, not being popular among key supporters and many former players, and being 6-5 and 7-4, won't cut it.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
AllWeatherFan said:
I think we all agree that 7-4 will no longer cut it. I'm glad Griz fans' expectations are high and are consistent.

what he said.

I disagree. What we know is: losing to the Cats 2 years in a row, not making the playoffs 2 years in a row, being 8-8 in the conference, having attendance decline by a few thousand per game, not having many first team all conference players, not being popular among key supporters and many former players, and being 6-5 and 7-4, won't cut it.

If Hauck goes 7-4, 7-4 and loses to the 'scats in his first two years is he gonzo?

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
AllWeatherFan said:

what he said.

If Hauck goes 7-4, 7-4 and loses to the 'scats in his first two years is he gonzo?
no. he's the messiah...

Bottom line is whether or not attendance stays up. I read somewhere that last year the butts in the seats number were unacceptably low. Had interest stayed with the program 7-4 may have been good enough. The ONLY reason choate is still coaching is he beat Montana twice and interest went up. Big difference between Stitt and Hauck tho. Bobby is a legitimate Division 1 coach with a very good staff. Bob Stitt got rid of his only true Division 1 coach who now resides in bozo.

argh! said:
so what are your expectations, greenie(bqm)

I won't have much of an opinion until I see the first couple games.

As of now, I am somewhere between RobGriz and Sam Blitz, who posted their views above. I am hoping Hauck is sandbagging a bit in his comments to date. I talked to the coaches before spring ball, but haven't really talked to coaches or players about the team since spring ball.

bigkid said:
Bottom line is whether or not attendance stays up. I read somewhere that last year the butts in the seats number were unacceptably low. Had interest stayed with the program 7-4 may have been good enough. The ONLY reason choate is still coaching is he beat Montana twice and interest went up. Big difference between Stitt and Hauck tho. Bobby is a legitimate Division 1 coach with a very good staff. Bob Stitt got rid of his only true Division 1 coach who now resides in bozo.

My understanding that ticket sales are already very good. Attendance will go up.

I don't agree on the Choate comment. The 2 wins over the Griz were big, but I don't know anyone in Cat land who isn't feeling positive about the coaches and the progress and prospects of the team. Those positive views about the progress and prospects are at least as big as the wins over the Griz.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

As of now, I am somewhere between RobGriz and Sam Blitz, who posted their views above. I am hoping Hauck is sandbagging a bit in his comments to date. I talked to the coaches before spring ball, but haven't really talked to coaches or players about the team since spring ball.

sounds reasonable. i am on the opposite side of the world (literally), without access to practices or coaches, but via the grapevine have come to a similar opinion. my big question mark is qb depth. think losing jensen is potentially devastating, at least in terms of wins and losses. in terms of life and how it proceeds, not so much.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

sounds reasonable. i am on the opposite side of the world (literally), without access to practices or coaches, but via the grapevine have come to a similar opinion. my big question mark is qb depth. think losing jensen is potentially devastating, at least in terms of wins and losses. in terms of life and how it proceeds, not so much.

Well you’re obviously too far removed and don’t understand. :D

My big concerns: losing two O-linemen from an already-thin (# & experience) group....losing a freshman all-American QB and being razor thin at QB depth....very little “game” experience from the CB group...I like all the starting talent, but we’re an injury or two away from a 3-8 season, IMHO without some additional additions (easy for you to say) from the JUCO or dropdown ranks in the next 90 days....

Back