• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Damn.........

SoldierGriz said:
poorgriz said:
Griz Man said:
mtgrizrule said:
Why is it so dead and silent on EGRIZ????? I am beginning to miss my off season entertainment, here. :lol:

It's Bobby's well-deserved honeymoon period. Can't argue with his past record, don't have any new games to evaluate. You couldn't have a less controversial new coach, 'cept maybe Saban or Belichick. It's a unique period in egriz history that may never again be replicated. Once the games begin anything less than a natty will bring forth ample criticism, much of it constructive no doubt...

Ain't that the truth. You know for a fact there are a bunch of "fans" out there rounding up For Sale signs and Googling where Bobby's new house is.

Hauck's leash is longer than Stitt's ever was, or ever could have been.

Very true and rightfully so IMO!!

Griz Man said:
mtgrizrule said:
Why is it so dead and silent on EGRIZ????? I am beginning to miss my off season entertainment, here. :lol:

It's Bobby's well-deserved honeymoon period. Can't argue with his past record, don't have any new games to evaluate. You couldn't have a less controversial new coach, 'cept maybe Saban or Belichick. It's a unique period in egriz history that may never again be replicated. Once the games begin anything less than a natty will bring forth ample criticism, much of it constructive no doubt...

I think the expectations for next year is lower than a national championship for most fans but if we don’t make the playoffs you will see some criticism from the fan base whether justified or not. It is just the reality here which I think for the most part is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griz Man said:
Once the games begin anything less than a natty will bring forth ample criticism, much of it constructive no doubt...

Not this guy. I think this team will have to battle just to be in the playoff conversation with a couple games to go and they will come up short. Any natty talk over the next couple seasons is just stupid.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz Man said:
Once the games begin anything less than a natty will bring forth ample criticism, much of it constructive no doubt...

Not this guy. I think this team will have to battle just to be in the playoff conversation with a couple games to go and they will come up short. Any natty talk over the next couple seasons is just stupid.

Agreed, but almost none of us will know what kind of team the Griz have until we see the first few games. I am still hopeful for a more than credible team/season.

I think we all agree that 7-4 will no longer cut it. I'm glad Griz fans' expectations are high and are consistent.

I still don't know if this is a Cat thread. To be safe I'll stay out. PR should consider himself lucky.

AllWeatherFan said:
I think we all agree that 7-4 will no longer cut it. I'm glad Griz fans' expectations are high and are consistent.

7-4 would be a damn good season for the griz in 2018 all things considered. That would be tough to get to with your schedule.

poorgriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:

7-4 would be a damn good season for the griz in 2018 all things considered. That would be tough to get to with your schedule.

Yes, I agree that a 7-4 season is not always easy. But we also know that it would be unfair to hold different head coaches to different standards. I imagine Coach Ron Ash knows a thing or two about that.

AllWeatherFan said:

I agree, but as I said before, I think both teams will be 6-4 come the Brawl. Too many 7-4 teams does not make Griz Nation happy.

SoldierGriz said:
poorgriz said:
Griz Man said:
mtgrizrule said:

Ain't that the truth. You know for a fact there are a bunch of "fans" out there rounding up For Sale signs and Googling where Bobby's new house is.

Sure, especially since there's not another Coach Hauck waiting in the wings. You only get to play that card once. I'm not trying to stir up trouble, this and my prior comment are just stating the obvious.

There's admittedly some hyperbole in implying that a championship is expected in the first year, but I don't think it's a stretch to say there'd be frustration if we don't appear to be on a championship trajectory within a few years, and the trophy within 5 years. Why fire a good man who's in the middle of a rebuilding phase unless you expect to do WAY better relatively quickly?

Griz Man said:
SoldierGriz said:
poorgriz said:
Griz Man said:

Sure, especially since there's not another Coach Hauck waiting in the wings. You only get to play that card once. I'm not trying to stir up trouble, this and my prior comment are just stating the obvious.

There's admittedly some hyperbole in implying that a championship is expected in the first year, but I don't think it's a stretch to say there'd be frustration if we don't appear to be on a championship trajectory within a few years, and the trophy within 5 years. Why fire a good man who's in the middle of a rebuilding phase unless you expect to do WAY better relatively quickly?

There are many who don't believe the coach was a "good coach". There are many who believe the coach was taking the program down hill, not "rebuilding". For the hundredth time, what's to rebuild with a program that was ranked nos. 12 and 8, gone to the playoffs, and beaten the Cats, the two previous years? Why would there be an expectation of a national championship within 5 years, if the school has only won 2 in its history?

I would ask that if the coach was good and the team was being rebuilt, why would lots of people want him fired and why would the AD fire him? Isn't the answer that a lot of people didn't think he was a good coach and that he was taking the program up? And no playoffs and Cat losses for 2 years in a row.

PlayerRep said:
Why would there be an expectation of a national championship within 5 years, if the school has only won 2 in its history?

I would ask that if the coach was good and the team was being rebuilt, why would lots of people want him fired and why would the AD fire him? Isn't the answer that a lot of people didn't think he was a good coach and that he was taking the program up? And no playoffs and Cat losses for 2 years in a row.

We should always expect a national championship within 5 years. The one knock on Bobby on is he didn't get us one in his 7 years here.

I'm happy to have Bobby back. He knows how to build a winning culture. You can't argue with his results. I liked Stitt. I think he would have grown on the job, but why wait? The only way to answer the Stitt question, in my mind, is if he gets another FCS gig and he's given 5 years. I hope he gets that chance - he seems like a good guy, and I think there are plenty of FCS coaches out there worse than him. The OSU gig could be a perfect chance for him to innovate his offense a little (like a football sabbatical).

I don't expect a championship every 5 years. In fact, I don't "expect" any championships. How many FCS teams have won a championship every 5 years? Probably only NDSU. Geo. So. may be close. Don't know how long App. St. was FCS, but they probably didn't have enough.

In the history of FCS, only 1 or 2 teams has won championships every 5 years, and some expect that to occur? Not me.

PlayerRep said:
I don't expect a championship every 5 years. In fact, I don't "expect" any championships. How many FCS teams have won a championship every 5 years? Probably only NDSU. Geo. So. may be close. Don't know how long App. St. was FCS, but they probably didn't have enough.

In the history of FCS, only 1 or 2 teams has won championships every 5 years, and some expect that to occur? Not me.
Player, I have to mention this. Wake Forest yesterday won the NCAA Championship in men’s tennis!!!!

Spanky2 said:
PlayerRep said:

Player, I have to mention this. Wake Forest yesterday won the NCAA Championship in men’s tennis!!!!

Yes, beat Ohio St. on WF home court. First ever. They aren't winning a championship every 5 years.

AllWeatherFan said:
poorgriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Yes, I agree that a 7-4 season is not always easy. But we also know that it would be unfair to hold different head coaches to different standards. I imagine Coach Ron Ash knows a thing or two about that.

I think everyone has high standards for the program, but sometimes people need to have realistic expectations too.

Anyone expecting a “Natty” out of this team next year is living in a rich fantasy world. Truthfully we should all be happy as hell if we come out 7-4. I like Coach Stitt, I truly do, but he did nothing to put this team in a place to be more than 5-6 or 6-5. That said I would not be shocked to see Hauck make the playoffs out of sheer determination and leadership.

I don't think anyone really knows how good this team will be next year. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we lost to the Cats this year and were left out of the playoffs. I think if we can develop some of that depth on the OL this next year, reload at DT, and get some help in the secondary, that 2019 could be a big year with Sneed having a year under his belt. Really like the coaching staff. Hopefully fans will be patient.

Back