• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

cats close out LOSING SEASON by announcing ANOTHER! (2018)

Idk why people are knocking this schedule I feel we should have more like this rather then cupcakes. In particular id like to schedule more games against MWC competition like Wyoming, CSU ect.

tenor.gif

UTGrizFan said:
Idk why people are knocking this schedule I feel we should have more like this rather then cupcakes. In particular id like to schedule more games against MWC competition like Wyoming, CSU ect.

We had 10 FCS games on our schedule this year. No “play down” game. Perfect.

UTGrizFan said:

It's a fine schedule. It's just a losing one. Another losing year for the Corn Dog Cats.

UTGrizFan said:

Yeah this is just an inaccurate statement. FIRST OF ALL, The Griz were scheduled to play McNeese State not Savannah State this year, and they dropped us. SECONDLY, The Griz do NOT just play cupcakes. Were you at the North Dakota State game? Or the very next week when they played Cal Poly as a non-conference game? They've played Appalachian State home and away, South Dakota home and away, Northern Iowa, I could go on.

And in 2018, they open with with Northern Iowa at home, and go to Western Illinois two weeks later. Same schedule strength as the Cats. Cats play WIU at home and at an SDSU team that is graduating one of their best senior classes of ALL TIME, including two guys in Goedert and Wienike who are both projected as NFL picks.

George Ferguson said:
UTGrizFan said:

Yeah this is just an inaccurate statement. FIRST OF ALL, The Griz were scheduled to play McNeese State not Savannah State this year, and they dropped us. SECONDLY, The Griz do NOT just play cupcakes. Were you at the North Dakota State game? Or the very next week when they played Cal Poly as a non-conference game? They've played Appalachian State home and away, South Dakota home and away, Northern Iowa, I could go on.

And in 2018, they open with with Northern Iowa at home, and go to Western Illinois two weeks later. Same schedule strength as the Cats. Cats play WIU at home and at an SDSU team that is graduating one of their best senior classes of ALL TIME, including two guys in Goedert and Wienike who are both projected as NFL picks.

No, no, no George. We ALWAYS play cupcakes. EVERY team is a Oklahoma Panhandle... :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
George Ferguson said:
UTGrizFan said:

No, no, no George. We ALWAYS play cupcakes. EVERY team is a Oklahoma Panhandle... :lol:

I know, just like the Griz never beat anybody either. The other team always sucks, or loses. The Griz never win. I know.

George Ferguson said:
AZGrizFan said:
George Ferguson said:
UTGrizFan said:

I know, just like the Griz never beat anybody either. The other team always sucks, or loses. The Griz never win. I know.

Now you’re getting it...

Brother Bear said:
...and if you are going to bozeman this week you will want to get in your seats early in case they lite an extra fire cracker as the team runs through the chain link fence area onto the field or they decide to have some horses run around the stadium. Its such a great atmosphere, don't blink, you could miss it.

Also, don't mention to their fans you pick up on the odor that they smell like corn-dogs. You know what else is a bad thing to do? Holding your nose around them. They are real sensitive to that, too. Try holding your breath. But don't be obvious about it. Somehow if they know that you are trying not to breathe in the corn dog smell that is their stadium and fans, that also super offends them. They'll likely punch you for that if they catch on to what you're doing. When they get nervous they will start chanting about eating sh*t, and go cats go... again do not be obvious with your laughter. They will start telling you to just wait for next year and by the time they get done talking about how they should have won all the games they lost this year, the corn dog smell will be as strong as ever.
Spot on! One thing I’m gonna miss this year is seeing that nutball lady who wears a stuffed bobcat on her head to every game. Somehow the word “obnoxious” does not come close to describing it. I’m not talking about a normal Davey Crocket-like hat here. This thing looks like a drunk and blind taxidermist used roadkill and it’s yuuuuge. I can usually pick her out, even when she’s sitting in the other stadium.
Someone please post a pic of her. I need my annual fix. I promise we will all be respectful and polite

garizzalies said:
Brother Bear said:
...and if you are going to bozeman this week you will want to get in your seats early in case they lite an extra fire cracker as the team runs through the chain link fence area onto the field or they decide to have some horses run around the stadium. Its such a great atmosphere, don't blink, you could miss it.

Also, don't mention to their fans you pick up on the odor that they smell like corn-dogs. You know what else is a bad thing to do? Holding your nose around them. They are real sensitive to that, too. Try holding your breath. But don't be obvious about it. Somehow if they know that you are trying not to breathe in the corn dog smell that is their stadium and fans, that also super offends them. They'll likely punch you for that if they catch on to what you're doing. When they get nervous they will start chanting about eating sh*t, and go cats go... again do not be obvious with your laughter. They will start telling you to just wait for next year and by the time they get done talking about how they should have won all the games they lost this year, the corn dog smell will be as strong as ever.
Spot on! One thing I’m gonna miss this year is seeing that nutball lady who wears a stuffed bobcat on her head to every game. Somehow the word “obnoxious” does not come close to describing it. I’m not talking about a normal Davey Crocket-like hat here. This thing looks like a drunk and blind taxidermist used roadkill and it’s yuuuuge. I can usually pick her out, even when she’s sitting in the other stadium.
Someone please post a pic of her. I need my annual fix. I promise we will all be respectful and polite
Oh fuck, that's my fourth wife, Cecilia. That costume is how I lost my right eye. Ms. Maroon took me away from her years ago.

George Ferguson said:
UTGrizFan said:

What does this have to do with scheduling?

According to Scat fans a quality loss is equal to a win. Didn’t Al Davis the raiders
owner always say “ just quality loss baby”.

stonecrest said:
According to Scat fans a quality loss is equal to a win. Didn’t Al Davis the raiders

Well I'll say this: If a 7-4 EWU team gets in over Montana, the playoff committee will have just validated that theory. Because apparently in that case a blowout loss to NDSU at home is better than a win against a 5-5 Valpo team. :roll: :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
stonecrest said:

Well I'll say this: If a 7-4 EWU team gets in over Montana, the playoff committee will have just validated that theory. Because apparently in that case a blowout loss to NDSU at home is better than a win against a 5-5 Valpo team. :roll: :roll:

My view is that EWU's almost blowout loss to NDSU is part of what is hurting the views of the quality/strength of the Big Sky this year. This game is probably overshadowing some of the other Big Sky v. MVC games.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Kinda seems like a shitty home schedule, if we're being honest. Only two decent teams, and they're back-to-back

I don't understand the amount of criticism of schedules or home schedules. I attend and watch games primarily to see my team play, not the opposition. Sure, competitive and big games are fun, but I like all of the games, unless perhaps if they are a lesser team and a big blowout. I don't mind those earlier in the season, because I like to see the young/new guys on my team play.

My view is that a large number of Griz fans like wins, more than anything else. Other posters have also said that. I like wins too, as the crowd is usually good and the post-game atmosphere is good at the stadium and downtown. Losses cause a large amount of complaining by Griz fans--way more than wins over lesser teams.

Scheduling isn't easy in the West. Few other FCS schools, and tougher to get even western D-II's these days. There are only so many choices. Scheduling years ahead of time also creates the risk that a pretty good or okay FCS, turns out to be bad in the particular year. It can go the other way too, as happened to the Cats this year. This even happens with conference teams. Look at UND this year. Everyone expected a big tough game, but UND had gone south.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
stonecrest said:

My view is that EWU's almost blowout loss to NDSU is part of what is hurting the views of the quality/strength of the Big Sky this year. This game is probably overshadowing some of the other Big Sky v. MVC games.

Agreed. Except it most definitely WAS a blowout.

PlayerRep said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Kinda seems like a shitty home schedule, if we're being honest. Only two decent teams, and they're back-to-back

I don't understand the amount of criticism of schedules or home schedules. I attend and watch games primarily to see my team play, not the opposition. Sure, competitive and big games are fun, but I like all of the games, unless perhaps if they are a lesser team and a big blowout. I don't mind those earlier in the season, because I like to see the young/new guys on my team play.

My view is that a large number of Griz fans like wins, more than anything else. Other posters have also said that. I like wins too, as the crowd is usually good and the post-game atmosphere is good at the stadium and downtown. Losses cause a large amount of complaining by Griz fans--way more than wins over lesser teams.

Scheduling isn't easy in the West. Few other FCS schools, and tougher to get even western D-II's these days. There are only so many choices. Scheduling years ahead of time also creates the risk that a pretty good or okay FCS, turns out to be bad in the particular year. It can go the other way too, as happened to the Cats this year. This even happens with conference teams. Look at UND this year. Everyone expected a big tough game, but UND had gone south.

And agreed.

Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:
Brother Bear said:

Oh f***, that's my fourth wife, Cecilia. That costume is how I lost my right eye. Ms. Maroon took me away from her years ago.
Oh, Cecilia? I can see why she was shaking your confidence daily. Let me guess: you got up to wash your face and when you went back to bed someone had taken your place?

PlayerRep said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Scheduling is absolutely tough. I never said it isn't. I'm mostly looking at the conference schedule. If I were one of the dozen season ticket holders Bozeman has, I'd be pretty pissed that the two biggest games are in back-to-back weeks and there's not really another decent home game.

Back