• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bracketology: Kennesaw State, McNeese State join; Big Sky teams still on outside looking in

IdaGriz01 said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
C'mon people. If we make the playoffs we get a home game no matter what. It'd be nice to win out, possibly get a seed (still might not happen at 9-2), and host a round of 16 home game though. I still believe we're in at 7-4 (90% sure), but the committee has liked 6-5 MVC teams the last couple of years.
With the apparent disrespect out there for the Big Sky, I do not see the committee giving a 6-5 BSC team a bid -- and I'll bet you don't either.

Yeah absolutely not...I was just saying a 6-5 MVC team may get in over a 7-4 BSC team...but I'd hope not. These things typically take care of themselves come playoff time.

Grizzly Oredigger said:
C'mon people. If we make the playoffs we get a home game no matter what. It'd be nice to win out, possibly get a seed (still might not happen at 9-2), and host a round of 16 home game though. I still believe we're in at 7-4 (90% sure), but the committee has liked 6-5 MVC teams the last couple of years.

I find it very hard to imagine that if Montana wins out and goes into the playoffs 9-2, they don't somehow get a seed.

get'em_griz said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:

I find it very hard to imagine that if Montana wins out and goes into the playoffs 9-2, they don't somehow get a seed.

I agree with you...it just may come down to what everyone else does in that top 8. And usually when they release the bracket there are 1 or 2 teams that weren't in the top 8 that get a seed and 1 or 2 that were seeded in the top 8 that don't get a seed. All I know is if we win out and don't get a seed, we should be playing the #7 or #8 in the round of 16 if we win our round of 24 game at home.

I have seen it repeated on eGriz that there are 8 seeded teams in the FCS playoffs. Not so; there are only 4. There are 10 automatic bids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grisly Fan said:
I have seen it repeated on eGriz that there are 8 seeded teams in the FCS playoffs. Not so; there are only 4. There are 10 automatic bids.

There are "8 seeds" in the FCS playoffs. The 8 seeds guarantee home field advantage until a lower seed advances and has to face a higher seed.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs

get'em_griz said:
Grisly Fan said:

There are "8 seeds" in the FCS playoffs. The 8 seeds guarantee home field advantage until a lower seed advances and has to face a higher seed.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs
Sunnovagun, I stand corrected. I actually researched this before posting and didn’t realize I was looking at an old site.

behappp said:
footballdood said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/15225

The national media still doesn't like Montana or the Big Sky in general. Only EWU and Weber in the picture, and neither has a Top 8 seed.

EWU is good, but not great, but still good enough to warrant a first round bye. Reputation alone will probably get them a bye if they win out.

If Montana wins out it's hard to see them being left out, except maybe due to NAU if the Grizz don't play them.

footballdood says 4th string
Seems about right.

Win in and we get either a bye or cupcake 1st home playoff game
Lose 1 and we have a tough away playoff game
Lose2 and we are done again
IMHO of course

If we make the playoffs our first game will never not be a home game...ever....in the history of Montana football $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

BadlandsGrizFan said:
behappp said:
footballdood said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/15225

The national media still doesn't like Montana or the Big Sky in general. Only EWU and Weber in the picture, and neither has a Top 8 seed.

EWU is good, but not great, but still good enough to warrant a first round bye. Reputation alone will probably get them a bye if they win out.

If Montana wins out it's hard to see them being left out, except maybe due to NAU if the Grizz don't play them.

footballdood says 4th string
Seems about right.

Win in and we get either a bye or cupcake 1st home playoff game
Lose 1 and we have a tough away playoff game
Lose2 and we are done again
IMHO of course

If we make the playoffs our first game will never not be a home game...ever....in the history of Montana football $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yep. No matter what, we will always have a home game to start the playoffs. $$ talks and there's no other team in the FCS that will outbid Montana.

AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:

And this year that team will be South Dakota State. They're 4-2, but finish with Missouri State (W), WIU (L), NDSU (L), ISU (W) and USD (L). They'll end up 6-5, 3-5 in conference and be team 24. Book it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

With an OOC FCS schedule as soft as the Griz

dbackjon said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:

And this year that team will be South Dakota State. They're 4-2, but finish with Missouri State (W), WIU (L), NDSU (L), ISU (W) and USD (L). They'll end up 6-5, 3-5 in conference and be team 24. Book it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

MUST.

NOT.

RESPOND.

AZGrizFan said:
dbackjon said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:

MUST.

NOT.

RESPOND.

Go ahead...

NAU played Western Illinois and Illinois State. You played a non-schollie and a team so bad they are dropping to DII.

Remember the second half of last season? This thread is a mute point if that happens again....

reinell30 said:
Remember the second half of last season? This thread is a mute point if that happens again....

If that happens again, missing the playoffs is the least of our problems!

dbackjon said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:

Ok for the millionth time. Montana was supposed to play Mcneese St it got changed so the AD found a replacement FCS team to play SSU. Now mr Dback when your Lumberjacks come to Missoula they will have a chance to prove they are better. Until then Montana played the teams on their schedule and can only control what happens between the lines 5-2!
I'm sooooo tired of everyone acting like this is the softest schedule in the history of FCS

Mavman said:
dbackjon said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:

Ok for the millionth time. Montana was supposed to play Mcneese St it got changed so the AD found a replacement FCS team to play SSU. Now mr Dback when your Lumberjacks come to Missoula they will have a chance to prove they are better. Until then Montana played the teams on their schedule and can only control what happens between the lines 5-2!
I'm sooooo tired of everyone acting like this is the softest schedule in the history of FCS

When it is one of the softest. And let me guess, you were forced to play Valpo as well?

dbackjon said:
Mavman said:
dbackjon said:
AZGrizFan said:

When it is one of the softest. And let me guess, you were forced to play Valpo as well?

I think you're forgetting we played Washington too? It wasn't a fun game, but our schedule was by no means the softest.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
dbackjon said:
Mavman said:
dbackjon said:

I think you're forgetting we played Washington too? It wasn't a fun game, but our schedule was by no means the softest.

Well aware of that. That is why I specified FCS OOC.

dbackjon said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
dbackjon said:
Mavman said:

Well aware of that. That is why I specified FCS OOC.

Game still happened. Can't just drop a game off your schedule because it hurts you or doesn't fit a narrative.

dbackjon said:
AZGrizFan said:
dbackjon said:
AZGrizFan said:

MUST.

NOT.

RESPOND.

Go ahead...

NAU played Western Illinois and Illinois State. You played a non-schollie and a team so bad they are dropping to DII.

All you did was expose how bad Illinois State REALLY is...

dbackjon said:
Mavman said:
dbackjon said:
AZGrizFan said:

Listen Buster....we had a cupcake, a good FCS and an FBS on our schedule. That got can-exed when Liberty went FBS. You had a cupcake (Ilinois State), a good FCS (Western Ill) and an FBS (UA)...really wouldn't have been much different had our original schedule held up.

Back