• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2nd scrimmage wrap-up

GrizzGriz said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
...Griz Nation, the 2nd and final (public) scrimmage is in the books ...It was a beautiful morning, not a lot of smoke today, sun shining, and mid-70’s. There was a typical sized crowd for a scrimmage there, 500 – 600 people...

From the videos, from what I can see, 500 - 600 fans? Are you sure? One sure ain't going to confuse The University of Montana football fans with the University of Kentucky Wildcat basketball fan base; They have 20 to 25 thousand showing up for the pre-season intersquad game that's held at midnight!

That's really disappointing. I don't believe no 500 to 600 showed up; I saw no one on the side, the two end zones,., nothing! If I was a 100th of a fan as Brint is I would have shown up; this was held today, saturday, right? In broad daylight!

No wonder when the team started out last year 5 -1 , half way through the season, things starting falling apart for the team and eventually losing to the cats. The so-called Griz fans don't GAF and only show up to attend their tailgate parties and get drunk on their silly asses. What an embarrassment.

Don't talk about this being a make or break year for Stitt; he deserves better than this. The whole team does. G-R-I-Z f-a-n (s).

So you did not attend yet you are bagging on others for not attending?

I guess it just happens to be the 'State of attitude' for some: "The world is full of bastards, the number increasing the further one gets from Missoula, Montana."

So how do you know where I was or where I'm from, huh? While I use the term 'Wyoming' in my sort of nomenclature (avatar), while you sneer at those east and south of you, Missoula, the real about it is that I was born in the State of Washington; in fact, right near the Puget Sound area. I'm not against your Athletic Department there at the UofM, in fact, I wouldn't even mind it if the Griz have a fairly decent showing against the Huskies come 9 Sept. But the fan base, well, that's another story. Try and keep to the subject matter posted as previously stated sometimes and debate it on it's own merits, will ya. That is, if you're not too vain and pompous in doing so, that is, with your presumption that everyone besides yourselves in good o' Missoula (what, Harvard of the West?), north, south, east and west of ya isn't always a greater bastard than yourselves.

WyomingGrizFan said:
GrizzGriz said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
...Griz Nation, the 2nd and final (public) scrimmage is in the books ...It was a beautiful morning, not a lot of smoke today, sun shining, and mid-70’s. There was a typical sized crowd for a scrimmage there, 500 – 600 people...

From the videos, from what I can see, 500 - 600 fans? Are you sure? One sure ain't going to confuse The University of Montana football fans with the University of Kentucky Wildcat basketball fan base; They have 20 to 25 thousand showing up for the pre-season intersquad game that's held at midnight!

That's really disappointing. I don't believe no 500 to 600 showed up; I saw no one on the side, the two end zones,., nothing! If I was a 100th of a fan as Brint is I would have shown up; this was held today, saturday, right? In broad daylight!

No wonder when the team started out last year 5 -1 , half way through the season, things starting falling apart for the team and eventually losing to the cats. The so-called Griz fans don't GAF and only show up to attend their tailgate parties and get drunk on their silly asses. What an embarrassment.

Don't talk about this being a make or break year for Stitt; he deserves better than this. The whole team does. G-R-I-Z f-a-n (s).

I guess it just happens to be the 'State of attitude' for some: "The world is full of bastards, the number increasing the further one gets from Missoula, Montana."

So how do you know where I was or where I'm from, huh? While I use the term 'Wyoming' in my sort of nomenclature (avatar), while you sneer at those east and south of you, Missoula, the real about it is that I was born in the State of Washington; in fact, right near the Puget Sound area. I'm not against your Athletic Department there at the UofM, in fact, I wouldn't even mind it if the Griz have a fairly decent showing against the Huskies come 9 Sept. But the fan base, well, that's another story. Try and keep to the subject matter posted as previously stated sometimes and debate it on it's own merits, will ya. That is, if you're not too vain and pompous in doing so, that is, with your presumption that everyone besides yourselves in good o' Missoula (what, Harvard of the West?), north, south, east and west of ya isn't always a greater bastard than yourselves.
Based on your comment that you did not see 500 fans from the photos means you were not in attendance. In my short question I did not address where you live or where your're from. You have jumped all over the place with your rant so I'll let it sit, shake my head and wonder what the hell medications you have forgotten to take.

WyomingGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

I want to make this clear to someone who is challenged......fu*k you. :die:

WyomingGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

The Griz have the largest attendance figures of any FCS team and you complain about low preseason scrimmage attendance? Hopefully you can find something about the Champion's Center to complain about...? Perhaps the toilet paper won't be 3-ply? That should really stoke your outrage!

Grisly Fan said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

The Griz have the largest attendance figures of any FCS team and you complain about low preseason scrimmage attendance? Hopefully you can find something about the Champion's Center to complain about...? Perhaps the toilet paper won't be 3-ply? That should really stoke your outrage!

What!!?? No three-ply??!! Clearly Royce's fault!

I drive the 275 miles (one way) for every game. I cannot manage the time nor the cash to make every scrimmage. I rely on tweets during the scrimmages and do appreciate those who manage to inform those of us who are following. Thanks to Brint, Shaun Rainey, and Aime Just for their efforts.

I am a Griz fan through and through. I support them no matter who the coach is. My donation (however small) is not dependent on wins and losses... although I too never get tired of winning.

I am looking forward to a fun season and do agree that the team and the coaches deserve our support. They have mine. I understand that many other people who know far more than I do have plenty to say, but I do not expect to have a losing season. I would love it if everyone had my opinions and joined me in the stadium an hour before game time...but I am a realist, and a lot of "fans' are there for the party. It is a free country and they have their rights.

Lets all unite behind the Griz and let the season determine what is next.

BWahlberg said:
rocklobster said:
Thanks BW! So excited about this team! No news from the nay sayers yet?!

Ohh growlers doing his thing on MB but got shredded again.

I checked that out last night...and what is he thinking? Your specifically pointing out his inaccuracies, and he attacks you saying you'd actually be good at your job if you put the same energy into that as you do all things Griz. I will apologize for him, as you deserve an apology somewhere. Was certainly entertaining to read though!

WyomingGrizFan said:
RayWill said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

Drinking much these days. Holy rambling....

Oh, that's right. It's not what's being said, it's who's doing the talking. Right Shylock.

So, Ray Will ... what are your interest rates? Btw, the actual attendance was 562 ... I was counted twice by some smart ass.

WyomingGrizFan said:
GrizzGriz said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

Never drink and post, kids.

Fat Bruno said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
RayWill said:
WyomingGrizFan said:

Drinking much these days. Holy rambling....

Oh, that's right. It's not what's being said, it's who's doing the talking. Right Shylock.

So, Ray Will ... what are your interest rates? Btw, the actual attendance was 562 ... I was counted twice by some smart ass.

Three months from twelve; then, let me see; the rate—
This kindness will I show.
Go with me to a notary, seal me there
Your single bond; and in a merry sport,
If you repay me not on such a day,
In such a place, such sum or sums as are
Express'd in the condition, let the forfeit
Be nominated for an equal pound
Of your fair flesh, to be cut off and taken
In what part of your body pleaseth me.

I hate him for he is a filthy Cat,
But more for that in low simplicity
He lends out money gratis, and brings down
The rate of attendance here with us in Missoula.
If I can catch him once upon the hip,
I will feed fat the ancient grudge I bear him.
He hates our sacred Griz nation, and he rails,
Even there where merchants most do congregate,
On me, my bargains, and my well-won thrift,
Which he calls 'interest.' Cursèd be my tribe
If I forgive him!

1976griz said:
I drive the 275 miles (one way) for every game. I cannot manage the time nor the cash to make every scrimmage. I rely on tweets during the scrimmages and do appreciate those who manage to inform those of us who are following. Thanks to Brint, Shaun Rainey, and Aime Just for their efforts.

I am a Griz fan through and through. I support them no matter who the coach is. My donation (however small) is not dependent on wins and losses... although I too never get tired of winning.

I am looking forward to a fun season and do agree that the team and the coaches deserve our support. They have mine. I understand that many other people who know far more than I do have plenty to say, but I do not expect to have a losing season. I would love it if everyone had my opinions and joined me in the stadium an hour before game time...but I am a realist, and a lot of "fans' are there for the party. It is a free country and they have their rights.

Lets all unite behind the Griz and let the season determine what is next.

Very nice post.

With all the highlights you'd think they would put together a highlight reel like they did for the first scrim, I can't find one...

Back