• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2nd scrimmage wrap-up

Wow ! Seems like a very composed young man on the field and on camera. I am very encouraged, and looking forward to watching them all during the season. Should be a successful and fun year. GO GRIZ ! :clap:

wow, what a difference a week makes.....we have our number 1 qb......phillips really looked the part to me and it was not close.

I just wonder if it would be a fairly decent play, being that Simis once threw six TDs in one game a couple years ago, to have an end around for him (Simis) to throw the ball on a fake run play? Just wondering if the coaching staff has any of those type of plays up their sleeves, so to speak.

BWahlberg said:
...Griz Nation, the 2nd and final (public) scrimmage is in the books ...It was a beautiful morning, not a lot of smoke today, sun shining, and mid-70’s. There was a typical sized crowd for a scrimmage there, 500 – 600 people...

From the videos, from what I can see, 500 - 600 fans? Are you sure? One sure ain't going to confuse The University of Montana football fans with the University of Kentucky Wildcat basketball fan base; They have 20 to 25 thousand showing up for the pre-season intersquad game that's held at midnight!

That's really disappointing. I don't believe no 500 to 600 showed up; I saw no one on the side, the two end zones,., nothing! If I was a 100th of a fan as Brint is I would have shown up; this was held today, saturday, right? In broad daylight!

No wonder when the team started out last year 5 -1 , half way through the season, things starting falling apart for the team and eventually losing to the cats. The so-called Griz fans don't GAF and only show up to attend their tailgate parties and get drunk on their silly asses. What an embarrassment.

Don't talk about this being a make or break year for Stitt; he deserves better than this. The whole team does. G-R-I-Z f-a-n (s).

WyomingGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
...Griz Nation, the 2nd and final (public) scrimmage is in the books ...It was a beautiful morning, not a lot of smoke today, sun shining, and mid-70’s. There was a typical sized crowd for a scrimmage there, 500 – 600 people...

From the videos, from what I can see, 500 - 600 fans? Are you sure? One sure ain't going to confuse The University of Montana football fans with the University of Kentucky Wildcat basketball fan base; They have 20 to 25 thousand showing up for the pre-season intersquad game that's held at midnight!

That's really disappointing. I don't believe no 500 to 600 showed up; I saw no one on the side, the two end zones,., nothing! If I was a 100th of a fan as Brint is I would have shown up; this was held today, saturday, right? In broad daylight!

No wonder when the team started out last year 5 -1 , half way through the season, things starting falling apart for the team and eventually losing to the cats. The so-called Griz fans don't GAF and only show up to attend their tailgate parties and get drunk on their silly asses. What an embarrassment.

Don't talk about this being a make or break year for Stitt; he deserves better than this. The whole team does. G-R-I-Z f-a-n (s).

Drinking much these days. Holy rambling....

RayWill said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

Oh, that's right. It's not what's being said, it's who's doing the talking. Right Shylock.

Sorry, Brint is correct again. Official attendance was 563. 290 pre-season ticket holders. 71 muckety mucks drinking champagne in the boxes. 87 who got free ticket for taking test drives at Karl Tyler. PR had 44 ex-teammates fly in from Dartmouth before going to the lake. Missoulian had their staff of 1. 19 thought the pet fair was going on, 6 walk on kickers-who can't practice until school starts. 75 was there. Mothers, dads, sisters, brothers, cousins and girl and boy friends accounted for the rest. Please note this does not include Poor Griz who was trying to video from just blow the M and those who didn't make it back from tailgating after halftime.

WyomingGrizFan said:
RayWill said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

Oh, that's right. It's not what's being said, it's who's doing the talking. Right Shylock.

Just saying your entire rant was incoherent and unreadable.

mondayamqb said:
Sorry, Brint is correct again. Official attendance was 563. 290 pre-season ticket holders. 71 muckety mucks drinking champagne in the boxes. 87 who got free ticket for taking test drives at Karl Tyler. PR had 44 ex-teammates fly in from Dartmouth before going to the lake. Missoulian had their staff of 1. 19 thought the pet fair was going on, 6 walk on kickers-who can't practice until school starts. 75 was there. Mothers, dads, sisters, brothers, cousins and girl and boy friends accounted for the rest. Please note this does not include Poor Griz who was trying to video from just blow the M and those who didn't make it back from tailgating after halftime.

Hey that test drive was worth it.

WyomingGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

Uh... ok. There were about 500 people sitting on the west side. The videos Rainey took were all from the west side as well looking to the east.

BWahlberg said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

Uh... ok. There were about 500 people sitting on the west side. The videos Rainey took were all from the west side as well looking to the east.

Perspective's a bitch, isn't it?

WyomingGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

So you did not attend yet you are bagging on others for not attending?

WyomingGrizFan said:

So helpful; now we can all accept that the reason for the swoon last year was due to the fans.

Richard Cranium said:
No mention of Wr Kobey Eaton and Lamarriel Taylor or OL Ashton Torres in the 2 deep. Where are these guys at in the depth chart?

Eaton is going to be the starting PR most likely, and a backup WR. Taylor has been passed up by Akem, Corbin, Toure and Nagler. Torres is part of The No.2 oline

George Ferguson said:
Richard Cranium said:
No mention of Wr Kobey Eaton and Lamarriel Taylor or OL Ashton Torres in the 2 deep. Where are these guys at in the depth chart?

Eaton is going to be the starting PR most likely, and a backup WR. Taylor has been passed up by Akem, Corbin, Toure and Nagler. Torres is part of The No.2 oline

Where do cy sirmon and Dante Olsen rank on the depth chart?

Back