• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2024 Griz Recruiting (18) Verbals (15) Offers

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Payton,

Im not seeing anything that suggests Henry Sellards (glacier high) signed with Ndsu. In fact, ndsu has announced they signed 3 lineman from Minnesota and another place but nothing from the state of Montana mentioned.
You have any insight?

I’m not holding my breath, but that would be great to flip him 🤞 maybe the change in coaching staff along with the recent success of the the Griz will convince him

Also, today is early out and the start of Christmas break for both the Kalispell high schools. I would venture any signing event held at the school, would've been earlier today.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I’m not holding my breath, but that would be great to flip him 🤞 maybe the change in coaching staff along with the recent success of the the Griz will convince him

Also, today is early out and the start of Christmas break for both the Kalispell high schools. I would venture any signing event held at the school, would've been earlier today.

The 2 other Glacier kids we signed in this class didn't seem to wait around long.

Griztrain said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:

The 2 other Glacier kids we signed in this class didn't seem to wait around long.

Read on twitter that he and his family are driving over to meet the new coaching staff, so probably still an NDSU commit

https://x.com/bisonation1/status/1737555714208350541?s=46&t=uXX1eQdIMjM3SGLaLOryeg

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Griztrain said:

Read on twitter that he and his family are driving over to meet the new coaching staff, so probably still an NDSU commit

https://x.com/bisonation1/status/1737555714208350541?s=46&t=uXX1eQdIMjM3SGLaLOryeg

Ahh, darn. Thanks home, i dont do the twitter thing, so was just looking on official websites

Paytonlives said:
0% change its UM... He has several FBS offers

https://twitter.com/MardaleRowe_/status/1737267875776438314

And his twitter reads #FordhamFootball. Offers from ASU, Cal, Arizona, etc...and he's going to Fordham.

Bobby needs to go put the hard sell on Rollins and Sellards. One's already IN the portal (and I know, I know, they're a solid Cat family) and the other is gonna see a wholly different coaching staff at NDSU...and we all know the bloom is off THEIR rose...

AZGrizFan said:
Bobby needs to go put the hard sell on Rollins and Sellards. One's already IN the portal (and I know, I know, they're a solid Cat family) and the other is gonna see a wholly different coaching staff at NDSU...and we all know the bloom is off THEIR rose...

Crossing my fingers, but I think a fart has a better chance in the wind

Offers (15)
OL- Alex Foster 6' 5" 295 (Utah Tech) 2 to play 2 (T 12/6/23)
WR/Ret- BJ Phillips 5' 9" 170 (Santa Barbara City College) (PWO)
WR/DB- Marquawn McCraney 6' 2" 190 (Highline HS) Burien, WA (4-Star) (T 5/10/23) (Utah State, WSU Colorado State offers+)
DE- Ben Beatty 6' 3" 235 (Park City HS) Park City, UT (T 6/22/23)
LB- Udoka Ezeani 6' 2" 220 (Butler CC) El Dorado, KS (T 11/9/23) (Oregon State, South Florida, Arizona State)
LB- Ramere Davis 6' 2" 205 (Mater Dei HS) Santa Ana, CA (T 10/15/23) (3-Star) (Utah State) Visited in Nov
LB- Owen Tesch 6' 2" 220 (Yorba Vinda HS) Yorba Linda, CA (T 9/28/23) Class of 2023 Grey Shirt?
LB- Omari Bursey 6' 1" 227 (Legacy HS) Broomfield, CO (T 6/15/23) Visited in Sept
DB- RJ Whitten 6' 0 " 185 (Folsom HS) Sacramento, CA (De committed from BYU)
DB- Kory Boyd 6' 0" 170 (Wylie East HS) Wylie, TX (T 8/9/23) (kittens, Army Navy)
CB- Donald DeFrand Jr. 6' 1" 165 (Southeast HS) Lincoln, NE (T 8/3/23) (3-Star)
CB- Dylan Camp 6' 0" 185 (City College SF) (T 5/31/23) 4 to play 3 Pinned Lamar
S- Nokoi Maddox 6' 1" 205 (Granite Hills HS) El Cajon, CA (3-Star) (T 7/14/23)

there's still a lot of guys on this list that haven't verballed anywhere...don't give up hope!

Brenton Handsford, Steinbach, and Loud are the gems in this class. Handsford had an offer from app state that he chose us over so that’s a good win for the Griz!!! I think it’s obvious now that any help we’re going to get at NT for defense will either come from the portal or not at all. Start praying to the portal gods, because there’s got to be a gubner type Nose in the defense we run, and there’s not currently that guy on the team

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Brenton Handsford, Steinbach, and Loud are the gems in this class. Handsford had an offer from app state that he chose us over so that’s a good win for the Griz!!! I think it’s obvious now that any help we’re going to get at NT for defense will either come from the portal or not at all. Start praying to the portal gods, because there’s got to be a gubner type Nose in the defense we run, and there’s not currently that guy on the team

Or hear me out.... we transition into a 4-3 base now that we don't have a guy who can absorb a double team every play on defense...
The Big Sky still has its passing offenses but it isn't as pass heavy as it was when Bobby came back.
And next year we only play 2 of the top 5 passing offenses.
Passing Yards/game
1 Idaho State 330.1
2 Cal Poly 271.0
3 Eastern Washington 263.4

4 Idaho 257.9
5 Sacramento State 243.1

But then again, dont try to fix it if it aint broke

Griztrain said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Or hear me out.... we transition into a 4-3 base now that we don't have a guy who can absorb a double team every play on defense...
The Big Sky still has its passing offenses but it isn't as pass heavy as it was when Bobby came back.
And next year we only play 2 of the top 5 passing offenses.
Passing Yards/game
1 Idaho State 330.1
2 Cal Poly 271.0
3 Eastern Washington 263.4

4 Idaho 257.9
5 Sacramento State 243.1

But then again, dont try to fix it if it aint broke

I like this defense though now that some adjustments were made that make it less susceptible to gash plays along the seams and now that it has proven its mettle against the best rushing offenses. It gets pressure on the QBs which is why so many great efficient QBs have their worst days against the Griz. I just think if you’re going to run it then the most important cog in the machine, which I believe to be the NT, should have more than one dude on the roster who can fill that role. All of our DL are 225-250…..he’s literally the only guy who can fill that role. We really could use 2-3 of that body type on the team to provide depth.

griz4life said:
What happened to Everett Johnson, the Cal transfer?

Agreed. Some on here say stuff about wait until they enroll, or that they are counted. Other schools count them...So lets get 2 OL and 1-2 NT

I’m still curious as to what happend with Beau Phillips in my opinion he was our best recruit (King County Offensive Player of the Year)

I don't mean to knock this class with the "what happened to" remark.

It's hard to get a good sense of how a prep player's abilities might translate to FCS. All 285 lb high school linemen seem to excel at pancaking defenders, for example. All 6'5", 245 lb high school tight ends seem like men among boys.

What stands out to me in the videos of this class are that the players seem very sound in their assignments and team play. No one is out of position, freelancing. The safeties keep the plays in front of them and read the QBs. The running backs find the gaps and don't outrun their blockers, etc, which suggests they're coachable, a characteristic Hauck emphasizes.

It's a very Hauckish presentation of why these recruits are valued.

I really don't know how legit this is but on my iPhone I googled Henry Sellards. I know he had committed early to NDSU but I see a picture of him and it says " I am super excited to announce my commitment to the University of Montana. I am very thankful for all of my family, teammates and coaches who helped me... " I don't know anything about twitter but it shows and X.HenrySellards. I hope it is true.

On my computer I can't find this and when I hit the X it doesn't say that.

Griz1 said:
I really don't know how legit this is but on my iPhone I googled Henry Sellards. I know he had committed early to NDSU but I see a picture of him and it says " I am super excited to announce my commitment to the University of Montana. I am very thankful for all of my family, teammates and coaches who helped me... " I don't know anything about twitter but it shows and X.HenrySellards. I hope it is true.

On my computer I can't find this and when I hit the X it doesn't say that.
Tried that google on my iPhone and same results ???

Griz1 said:
I see a picture of him and it says " I am super excited to announce my commitment to the University of Montana. I am very thankful for all of my family, teammates and coaches who helped me... "

That is so strange. It does say that when you google his name, but then you open up his twitter and it isn’t there…..very weird

Back