• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2024 Griz Recruiting (18) Verbals (15) Offers

Walk on rules are weird... hopefully they will be listed tomorrow.

Usually don't know about (Who is a) partials either. IE who is getting partial money, unless the player posts it

They will be posted on GoGriz. via UM

Players are usually on Twitter posting their signings.

Fun part is that every year there seems to be 1 or 2 signings from out of nowhere... a name that no one knew about

I will update the list on page 1 and then start a new thread later tomorrow

Just my opinion based on Twitter feeds and a gut feeling

With no surprises these are the names to look for tomorrow- most likely to least likely IMO
LB- Owen Tesch 6' 2" 220 (Yorba Vinda HS) Yorba Linda, CA (T 9/28/23) Class of 2023 Grey Shirt?
OL- Alex Foster 6' 5" 295 (Utah Tech) 2 to play 2 (T 12/6/23)
LB- Omari Bursey 6' 1" 227 (Legacy HS) Broomfield, CO (T 6/15/23) Visited in Sept
WR/Ret- BJ Phillips 5' 9" 170 (Santa Barbara City College) (PWO)
DE- Ben Beatty 6' 3" 235 (Park City HS) Park City, UT (T 6/22/23)
S- Nokoi Maddox 6' 1" 205 (Granite Hills HS) El Cajon, CA (3-Star) (T 7/14/23)
DB- Kory Boyd 6' 0" 170 (Wylie East HS) Wylie, TX (T 8/9/23) (kittens, Army, Navy)
DB- RJ Whitten 6' 0 " 185 (Folsom HS) Sacramento, CA (De committed from BYU)
DB- David Spoiells 5" 10" 180 (NAU) (T 12/15/23) 3 to play 3 (North Texas, Jacksonville State)

These are not going to happen
WR/DB- Marquawn McCraney 6' 2" 190 (Highline HS) Burien, WA (4-Star) (T 5/10/23) (Utah State, WSU Colorado State offers+)
DE- Mardale Rowe 6' 3" 235 (Brophy College Prep) (T 5/31/23) (3-Star) (Oregon, Arizona, Cal, Colorado, NAU, Idaho Offers+)
LB- Udoka Ezeani 6' 2" 220 (Butler CC) El Dorado, KS (T 11/9/23) (Oregon State, South Florida, Arizona State)
LB- Ramere Davis 6' 2" 205 (Mater Dei HS) Santa Ana, CA (T 10/15/23) (3-Star) (Arizona State, Wisconsin, Colorado, Colorado State, Michigan, Oregon, Kansas, Florida State, Maryland.)
CB- Dylan Camp 6' 0" 185 (City College SF) (T 5/31/23) 4 to play 3 Pinned Lamar
CB- Donald DeFrand Jr. 6' 1" 165 (Southeast HS) Lincoln, NE (T 8/3/23) (3-Star) (Bowling Green)

Sure would be good to see them get Alex foster. With both he and the Cal transfer at Oline I’d consider that OLine signing class a success. Now I’d really like to see a Gubner replacement. I saw that today MSU signed a 3 ⭐️ 6’4” 300 lb nose tackle out of Washington…#21 ranked DL in Washington and top 200 nationally....interestingly we didn’t even offer him….seems weird to me that at an area of need on the DL we didn’t at least try to sneak in and steal a stud like that from our rival. I know they’ve used that tactic on us. To me a NT and CB are the two biggest areas of need outside of OLine.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Sure would be good to see them get Alex foster. With both he and the Cal transfer at Oline I’d consider that OLine signing class a success. Now I’d really like to see a Gubner replacement. I saw that today MSU signed a 3 ⭐️ 6’4” 300 lb nose tackle out of Washington…#21 ranked DL in Washington and top 200 nationally....interestingly we didn’t even offer him….seems weird to me that at an area of need on the DL we didn’t at least try to sneak in and steal a stud like that from our rival. I know they’ve used that tactic on us. To me a NT and CB are the two biggest areas of need outside of OLine.

You've likely just forgotten the most important prerequisite for offers. Camp attendance. Until it's March and there are holes to fill anyway. .

bgbigdog said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

You've likely just forgotten the most important prerequisite for offers. Camp attendance. Until it's March and there are holes to fill anyway. .

Ugh…..you’re probably right. It’s hard to argue with the results this season but I still get frustrated with recruiting :lol:

Griz Facebook page has two offensive lineman from Sammamish, WA listed as signees:

OT - Colin Amick 6'6" 255 lbs
OL - Trevor Steinbach 6'5" 285 lbs

I know most of the people I've posted are already on Payton's list (great job!), but Steinbach was new to me.

Payton,

Im not seeing anything that suggests Henry Sellards (glacier high) signed with Ndsu. In fact, ndsu has announced they signed 3 lineman from Minnesota and another place but nothing from the state of Montana mentioned.
You have any insight?

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Payton,

Im not seeing anything that suggests Henry Sellards (glacier high) signed with Ndsu. In fact, ndsu has announced they signed 3 lineman from Minnesota and another place but nothing from the state of Montana mentioned.
You have any insight?

I’m not holding my breath, but that would be great to flip him 🤞 maybe the change in coaching staff along with the recent success of the the Griz will convince him

Bison folks are talking about Sellards being missing

https://x.com/bisonreport/status/1737526992436961606?s=46&t=uXX1eQdIMjM3SGLaLOryeg

https://x.com/bisonation1/status/1737555714208350541?s=46&t=uXX1eQdIMjM3SGLaLOryeg

grizband said:
I know most of the people I've posted are already on Payton's list (great job!), but Steinbach was new to me.

I believe this kid is the pick of our class so far....he is a very good at the position he plays.

Back