• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023 Griz Football Recruiting- (11)Verbals- (15)Offers- (1) 2024 Vebal

Paytonlives said:
AZGrizFan said:
I refuse to get excited about HS recruits any longer.

Transfer portal has changed everything

The way it’s working now 90% of these HS kids won’t see the field here for any meaningful playing time beyond ST’s.

AZGrizFan said:
I refuse to get excited about HS recruits any longer.
I can get excited about Young, explosive and look at his pass protection. Quite a pair with Gilman.

AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

The way it’s working now 90% of these HS kids won’t see the field here for any meaningful playing time beyond ST’s.
You really need to back off the ledge here man. :lol:

15 of our 22 starters this season were home-grown high school recruits.

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
You really need to back off the ledge here man. :lol:

15 of our 22 starters this season were home-grown high school recruits.
Dawson/Ford/Cotton/Todd/Alford/McConnell/Forbes/Mayginnes/Walker/Johnson/half the RB rotation and half the D-line rotation.
I should have clarified. Certain positions. O-line. QB. CB. RB. DL. But other than that.

HookedonGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Young was a good get, and a recruiting win!

Let’s gooooooo! Oh and there are more good surprises. I promise.

UUUUGH...I hate these types of posts. Now I have to wait until tomorrow. I wanna know NOOOOOOW! :lol:

AZDoc said:
HookedonGriz said:
Let’s gooooooo! Oh and there are more good surprises. I promise.

UUUUGH...I hate these types of posts. Now I have to wait until tomorrow. I wanna know NOOOOOOW! :lol:

Sorry didn’t mean to stress anyone out. I don’t know if we will see any other big surprises tomorrow or not. I just know they’re working on a few big splash recruits and feel pretty good about it

AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

There are schools now virtually ignoring high school recruits due to the portal. The highest level high school recruits will always be recruited as will the second tier players. The portal is going to have an impact on non-power 5 level high school recruits because of the win now philosophy. If you had to win this season, would you rather take a flyer on an undeveloped high schooler or a somewhat polished college transfer knowing that you now have a large supply of these college transfers to choose from and they can make an immediate impact? The days of building a college program through mostly high school recruits and then adding a few transfers for depth and skill are pretty much over. The ultimate portal result is that higher level recruits have way more flexibility to move and find a home but lower level players may have less opportunity to find a home playing non-power 5 college football.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
behappp said:
This is the #1 question - or should be

It is every year, and yet nothing changes. We’re still not getting the OLine recruits we need to get back to competing for championships.

I know we have a high school 2 star OL commit out of Washington who hasn’t made it public yet. So that makes 3 so far when you add in our MT kids (templeton and buehler). I am guessing they grab 1-2 more from the portal.

Posted this on the Iverson young thread but thought I’d post it here too I’m wondering if he’s a early enrollee https://twitter.com/IversonYoung1/status/1605210070949789696

HookedonGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
It is every year, and yet nothing changes. We’re still not getting the OLine recruits we need to get back to competing for championships.

I know we have a high school 2 star OL commit out of Washington who hasn’t made it public yet. So that makes 3 so far when you add in our MT kids (templeton and buehler). I am guessing they grab 1-2 more from the portal.

Hope so! That would be welcome

grizfan1984 said:
Does anybody expect any suprises tomorrow?

The only possible surprise would be even a scintilla of happiness from the shitbirds on eGriz. I don't expect that. we shall see.

Back